Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

. . . more "lawfare"? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The statute says over 30 in a 30 MPH zone is a violation.

Official MN HP (the guys I know) state there is no “5 MPH cushion” in any written policy.

If you go 31 MPH in a 30, you are in violation. There have been citations written as such. I know. I sat in as a juror on a case (more money than sense on the part of the speeder). He lost and was fined. Mainly due to he admitted he was going 31 MPH. His whole argument was that it’s impossible for the cops to know and you have to be given the 5-10 MPH cushion.

I don’t know what LE equipment is capable of reading… but military stuff was accurate to 0.1KPH… back in 90.

The same LE friends say “no way I’m sticking my a.. out in traffic over a 1 MPH violation.

There is prosecutorial discretion which is absolute…

And good luck at actually being able to prove undue influence. Near as I can tell, no one has came up with an ability to read minds yet.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I call BS that the equipment doesn’t read in increments of 1MPH.

I have a shooting chronograph a lot more accurate than that.

Posts: 6102 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
During the fuel crisis of the 70s Illinois had a zero tolerance rule from the governor. I was ticketed & fined for 56 mph in a 55 limit.

Posts: 15871 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
The statute says over 30 in a 30 MPH zone is a violation.

Official MN HP (the guys I know) state there is no “5 MPH cushion” in any written policy.

If you go 31 MPH in a 30, you are in violation. There have been citations written as such. I know. I sat in as a juror on a case (more money than sense on the part of the speeder). He lost and was fined. Mainly due to he admitted he was going 31 MPH. His whole argument was that it’s impossible for the cops to know and you have to be given the 5-10 MPH cushion.

I don’t know what LE equipment is capable of reading… but military stuff was accurate to 0.1KPH… back in 90.

The same LE friends say “no way I’m sticking my a.. out in traffic over a 1 MPH violation.

There is prosecutorial discretion which is absolute…

And good luck at actually being able to prove undue influence. Near as I can tell, no one has came up with an ability to read minds yet.

Go look at your statute. It starts at 5 over.

https://transportation.ky.gov/...intSystem_UPDATE.pdf

Because no, they bent accurately read 1 mph. Heard it from the stems under oath.

Most do not know how to calibrate their equipment.

When you are going 30 plus over the limit, the exact speed is immaterial. You just have to be over the Range caps.

I bet your state does not start points until 10 over either.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Trump is hoping for with all his frivolous appeals and motions:

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9560 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
What Trump is hoping for with all his frivolous appeals and motions:

Link

Is trump not allowed to come right out and say that they/jurors don't have to convict him?

Also knowing trump, why don't judges just give the strongest gag order that they can give from the start instead of fucking around with mild stuff and re-doing it?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1166 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think he understands that he is likely to lose. So he wants to lay the foundation with his sycophantic followers that the whole process was corrupt. The judge was against him, the appellate courts were against him, there was no way he could get a fair shake. He thinks nothing about tearing down institutions, be it law enforcement, the election process, the judicial process, it is all about trying to have someone other than himself to blame for his deep character flaws.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I think he understands that he is likely to lose. So he wants to lay the foundation with his sycophantic followers that the whole process was corrupt. The judge was against him, the appellate courts were against him, there was no way he could get a fair shake. He thinks nothing about tearing down institutions, be it law enforcement, the election process, the judicial process, it is all about trying to have someone other than himself to blame for his deep character flaws.

If people are willing to go to jail for him it's not hard to fathom that at least 1 person would choose not to convict him just because they could or for some other reason. What assurances are there that the judges questionnaire will weed out those types? Is there any kind of penalty for "lying" on the questionnaire? Sort of like lying during your Senate confirmation hearings.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1166 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote