New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY to charge for Ammo background checks Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I don't know the procedure yet but NY is going to start doing background checks for ammo and firearms purchases over and above the NCIC check (for guns).

$2.50 for ammo
$9.00 for firearms.

Being in NYC I already have a handgun (premises) and separate long gun license (total $160 a year).

CCW is another license on top of that. (for $340 3/year)

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
But in all the bad areas and with influx of illegals and gangs, NY has to be teeming with black guns
Funny, but law biding citizens are being bombarded with cumbersome permits…hmmm…only in NY

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
But in all the bad areas and with influx of illegals and gangs, NY has to be teeming with black guns
Funny, but law biding citizens are being bombarded with cumbersome permits…hmmm…only in NY

Ammunition check is $1 here, a minor nuisance and a way for the busies to keep track of who owns what.
And I think it's not legal to buy ammunition for a caliber you don't own, which I think is just too damn nosy...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Don’t vote for Democrats and do vote for the viable candidates who can beat them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
this one seems like a quick trip to the courthouse -

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote