Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retard's goose is cooked Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Looks like the Thunberg era is over. Now her parents should be prosecuted for child abuse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3b30a33b39720&ei=262

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She was right all along. Her problem is that she didn't inspire an insurrection.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
her problem is she has downs syndrome and al gore got ahold of her.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
She should not be famous.

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Why are we picking on a teenage girl?

It doesn't matter what Greta thinks, she's a child. Great can advocate for global warming, Trans rights, Hamas in the UN Security Council or Nuclear Disarmament, she's a little girl.

Greta should be allowed to be the little girl she is.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Yes she’s perfectly harmless. Ever hear of the Salem Witch Trials?

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

It doesn't matter what Greta thinks, she's a child. Great can advocate for global warming, Trans rights, Hamas in the UN Security Council or Nuclear Disarmament, she's a little girl.

She will be 21 in January. Hardly a little girl…… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Scott -

Little girl, perhaps. My issue with the OP is the flippant use of "Retard" I, and many, many other are blessed with special needs children.

My surviving twin son, by no fault of his own, is intellectually disabled. Calling out "Retards" is no different than using the N word.

There is no other way to frame the R word other than derogatory towards an entire community.

A strong and civil society, defends the weakest among us, not ridicule them. Greta may be a lot of things, but a "Retard" just isn't appropriate.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
What would you call her?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
What would you call her?

I'd call her what she is. A misinformed, spoilt, petulant little brat. She's a poor actor. The list goes on, but calling her the "R" word isn't accurate or appropriate.

If demeaning the special needs community, a community that has no ability to defend itself is deemed OK by society, thats speaks volumes about where we are.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I expect “advocates” or “disrupters” to get arrested. I expect them to be held accountable based on the crime. I expect no one to engage in violence.

How heavy is this charge? Sounds like the equivalent of a misdemeanor.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I don’t get is the folks using a poor kid with mental challenges as some sort of a political leader.

Maybe it’s just me, but I want to be informed by folks who know more than I do and are at least as mentally capable as I.

It probably explains my general contempt of politicians, as they are generally not too bright (their real expertise is getting elected, not being knowledgeable).

To me Greta pointed out that the climate change cause has some serious deficiencies if that is who its supporters choose as their champion in public.

It not that she isn’t a person who has her own views, it’s that she is incapable of developing them in a logical and evidence based manner.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is an adult w Down syndrome. I do not believe she is being “used.”

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Scott -

Little girl, perhaps. My issue with the OP is the flippant use of "Retard" I, and many, many other are blessed with special needs children.

My surviving twin son, by no fault of his own, is intellectually disabled. Calling out "Retards" is no different than using the N word.

There is no other way to frame the R word other than derogatory towards an entire community.

A strong and civil society, defends the weakest among us, not ridicule them. Greta may be a lot of things, but a "Retard" just isn't appropriate.

I agree. I have a special needs grandson who is not a "retard."

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
She is an adult w Down syndrome. I do not believe she is being “used.”

Actually, she doesn’t have Down’s syndrome. She has Asperger’s syndrome, OCD, and selective mutism……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
in the past she has claimed Asperger's
and later added Autism,
does she now claim Down's as well?

(and, yes , i know Asperger and other syndromes have been "blended" into "Autism Spectrum Disorder")

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
her problem is she has downs syndrome and al gore got ahold of her.

She is autistic.

According to a Wikipedia article:

"...she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Posts: 2927 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those would not be intellectual disabilities. I stand by my point she is not being “used.”

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:

lol

Posts: 2927 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What would you call her?

I'd call her what she is. A misinformed, spoilt, petulant little brat. She's a poor actor, she's ugly....the list goes on, but calling her the "R" word isn't accurate or appropriate.

If demeaning the special needs community, a community that has no ability to defend itself is deemed OK by society, thats speaks volumes about where we are.

But, it's OK to call her "ugly." I mean, after all, she has as much control over that as special needs children have over their condition. Moron. 2020

It's odd that she gets you folks so spun up.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15050 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When she started in with the swearing to make herself seem "cool" or whatever the reason. I tuned her out from then on, switch the station on the news, wont read any of the stories in the papers.
No more problem!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
What would you call her?

I'd call her what she is. A misinformed, spoilt, petulant little brat. She's a poor actor, she's ugly....the list goes on, but calling her the "R" word isn't accurate or appropriate.

But, it's OK to call her "ugly." I mean, after all, she has as much control over that as special needs children have over their condition. Moron. 2020

It's odd that she gets you folks so spun up.

You're right, it was uncalled for, edited original message.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
What would you call her?

Greta.
No reason to call her anything. She's a child. This isn't some adult like Hillary or Rachel Maddow or Sheila Jackson. Leave her alone, let her do her thing and hopefully for her sake she'll fade away into anonymity.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Trade you one, sincere and dedicated young activist practicing civil disobedience to stick up for her beliefs for 50 superslobs hooked up intravenously to their game consoles. Do you know there is even chewing gum for gamers?
Naw, not a fair trade. Not even close.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What would you call her?

Greta.
No reason to call her anything. She's a child. This isn't some adult like Hillary or Rachel Maddow or Sheila Jackson. Leave her alone, let her do her thing and hopefully for her sake she'll fade away into anonymity.

Buddy, she is an adult. You put yourself out into the public square as an adult and the game changes. You know it like everyone else, right or wrong.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Let her soak in her own crap
Living in her own fantasy is her prerogative

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was 19, I was drafted as an adult. Nonetheless, I had a lot of intellectual growing up left to do. So does Greta. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It often happens in the world - reality.

IMO, the rest of the world needs to catch up with her.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
That's about right - you encourage following a RETARD.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
It often happens in the world - reality.

IMO, the rest of the world needs to catch up with her.

?????
Knock knock…anybody home???

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote