Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax payers subsidizing immigration Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Why is our government using our tax dollars to provide housing and food for this immigration influx.
I would like to think anyone wanting to immigrate to any country have a job waiting, a place too stay with a family or sponsor until garnering a job or have the money set aside to survive until they gain employment.
The influx will never stop as long as those coming have a free ride and... for how long?
How long do we provide these people with shelter and food?
I believe I saw NY City asking for federal financial assistance. The number was $240M.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Why is our government using our tax dollars to provide housing and food for this immigration influx.
I would like to think anyone wanting to immigrate to any country have a job waiting, a place too stay with a family or sponsor until garnering a job or have the money set aside to survive until they gain employment.
The influx will never stop as long as those coming have a free ride and... for how long?
I believe I saw NY City asking for federal financial assistance. The number was $240M.

EZ

I'm guessing that those folks will be employed and self-sufficient way long before some of our own citizens taking advantage of the government assistance you complain about.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You mean our 3 generations of welfare recipients?? 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13172 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point well taken but it just keeps adding up and our budget deficit just keeps climbing.
Seems like no one in Washington can so NO MORE!
Complain: I am not allowed to deficit spend year after year and I am the little guy.
Not certain anyone in washington can complain about Trump fiscal issues while they are no better.
Not a Trump fan but those throwing stones should look in the mirror.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

EZ

I'm guessing that those folks will be employed and self-sufficient way long before some of our own citizens taking advantage of the government assistance you complain about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
You mean our 3 generations of welfare recipients?? 2020

Slaves to the democrats..... They like having slaves.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calling them slaves is a misnomer. Slaves have to work.

Posts: 6162 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Calling them slaves is a misnomer. Slaves have to work.

Slaves now get to vote, voting and cheap lawn care are the work they now for democrats......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
No country can can sustain this massive influx in long run

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Undocumented immigrants generally aren't eligible to receive any federal benefits other than emergency situations.

https://immigrationforum.org/w...its-FINALupdated.pdf

Some states do provide benefits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are they going Mike?
We know NY City requested funding from the FEDs.

quote:
Undocumented immigrants generally aren't eligible to receive any federal benefits other than emergency situations.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kanec:

They are doing this to break the country.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where are they going Mike?
We know NY City requested funding from the FEDs.

quote:

They go where the work is.....Florida is fixing to get a big surprise with their hard-line approach. There isn't going to be anybody to build houses or pick the fruit and vegetable crops. Tomatoes are fixing to get expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The whole thing mystifies me.

I've posted this or something like this many times on this board and nobody ever really responds but....These folks come here because they want to work. They pick our crops, build our houses, build our roads, bus our tables, do all the shitty hard jobs that Americans will not do. They want to WORK. That's reality, not the politicians trying to pit us against each other. They want jobs to support their families. Why the hell do we not welcome them with open arms? It seems like they want exactly the thing we mostly want and the thing this country has always been about. We have enough freeloaders. These folks aren't that in my opinion.

I don't get why you all oppose letting them in.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Getting a background check and a TIN should be an easy process - Not one that requires avoidance - low cost, easy to get work visa, and tada!

it should be cost effective to take the risk of being an illegal

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There it is and the number of would be migrants has no limits.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1605 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We've been doing it for 400 years, no end in sight...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote