Notify
Tools

Where Is Joe Biden? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
It is those very protections that we agree exist that shield others from living in the type of church state that you envision.

Roll Eyes

I am glad I think for myself and not how you envision I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
40 percent of Pedo Joes term thus far has been on vaca. He’s some machine.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The Constitution, as Originally Written, contains no language to support your case Steve…sorry.

Liberal judges (no unanimous rulings…all narrow) “interpreted” it to fit their agenda. This is just a fact. In my opinion, their “interpretation” was a stretch. I am certain Thomas Jefferson knew exactly what meant using the word “Congress.”

The Constitution has no language to support your positions, but about 75 years of caselaw was clear. We do not allow the State to mandate pray or give preference to a majority religion or minority religion. The Courts also do not address doctrine.

There was 150 years prior that we allowed prayer. Nobody even talking mandates.

Maybe my favorite Justice Alito will fix this too.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah and you fanatics were not talking nationwide abortion bans or bans on contraception a while back either but here we are....

and just not stop:

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama...ecute-161515516.html

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah and you fanatics were not talking nationwide abortion bans or bans on contraception a while back either but here we are....

and just not stop:

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama...ecute-161515516.html

Definitely needs to be some checks on abortion…glad we are having that conversation.

I know of no one wanting contraception bans. The Catholic Church doesn’t want to pay for it and they shouldn’t have too.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was "some checks" on abortion before SCOTUS created the mess we have now.

On the bright side, we now have an increase in the number of pre-teens giving birth cuckoo

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Ten weeks then none is proper. As Steve A. said…a majority like 14-15 weeks…I can compromise there. It will come out in the wash.

The mess is what we got from justices legislating from the bench with RvW. Congress (I guess to you that means “all gvt” Big Grin) writes the laws. If no Federal law…up to the states…where we are now.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Totally disagree. Constitutional rights are just and and not to be infringed upon by your local yocal.

You disagree right up to the 2nd ammdmt.......shall not be infringed.....pretty simple lefty.....

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Constitution, as Originally Written, contains no language to support your case Steve…sorry.

Liberal judges (no unanimous rulings…all narrow) “interpreted” it to fit their agenda. This is just a fact. In my opinion, their “interpretation” was a stretch. I am certain Thomas Jefferson knew exactly what meant using the word “Congress.”

The Constitution has no language to support your positions, but about 75 years of caselaw was clear. We do not allow the State to mandate pray or give preference to a majority religion or minority religion. The Courts also do not address doctrine.

How can anyone keep you from praying anywhere you like, any time?

Oh, you mean when you got to force kids to recite prayers by rote, or listen to the Gospel being flung at them by the preacher you chose...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You have to be kidding,.......

The Saudis?!?!?!?!

https://losangeles.networkofca...%20in%20this%20state.

Of the 40 million residents, 300,000 are street gang members, but somehow Saudi Arabia matters. Roll Eyes

Am I wrong? Is that just less than 10% ? Come on Man, put down the phone and look out your front door.

Damn, Scott, is that Trump University math?

10% of 40 million would be 4 million, 10% of THAT would be 400,00, so you're looking for .75%...

Gracias! When I wrote that I said to myself, ain't no way that's right. Big Grin
Must be the case of beer.

Anyway ,

'Revolving door of lawlessness': Texans rip left-wing policies for creating fertile ground for crime in Austin

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...-ground-crime-austin

I don't see how the Saudis matter.

See, the value of that "two beers a week" recommendation becomes immediately apparent.

Personally, I have NEVER publicly made a math mistake.

Today.

Yet.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I just love putting my mistakes in print so it stays forever. Big Grin

I like that you didn't run to delete it and pretend it never happened.

Hell, even I make mistakes. They are damned rare, but I remember it happening...

The "Trump University" line was well worth it. rotflmo

Posts: 9089 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You have to be kidding,.......

The Saudis?!?!?!?!

https://losangeles.networkofca...%20in%20this%20state.

Of the 40 million residents, 300,000 are street gang members, but somehow Saudi Arabia matters. Roll Eyes

Am I wrong? Is that just less than 10% ? Come on Man, put down the phone and look out your front door.

Damn, Scott, is that Trump University math?

10% of 40 million would be 4 million, 10% of THAT would be 400,00, so you're looking for .75%...

Gracias! When I wrote that I said to myself, ain't no way that's right. Big Grin
Must be the case of beer.

Anyway ,

'Revolving door of lawlessness': Texans rip left-wing policies for creating fertile ground for crime in Austin

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...-ground-crime-austin

I don't see how the Saudis matter.

See, the value of that "two beers a week" recommendation becomes immediately apparent.

Personally, I have NEVER publicly made a math mistake.

Today.

Yet.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I just love putting my mistakes in print so it stays forever. Big Grin

I like that you didn't run to delete it and pretend it never happened.

Hell, even I make mistakes. They are damned rare, but I remember it happening...

The "Trump University" line was well worth it. rotflmo
Cool

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Totally disagree. Constitutional rights are just and and not to be infringed upon by your local yocal.

You disagree right up to the 2nd ammdmt.......shall not be infringed.....pretty simple lefty.....

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have no issue with the Incorporation of the Second Amendment against the States through the 14th Amendment. However, A) As has been shown the original intent of the Second was not that a State could not regulate including banning whole classes of citizens from owning firearms. And B) As every case has said. No right including the Second is absolute.

Your bumper sticker analysis is not a correct statement of the law in the 1800s and today.

I also find the Far Rights obsession w overturning Fundamental and Incorporated Rights like marriage, choice of sex partner between adults, non establishment of state religion, and abortion while screaming a right that Started to be Incorporated in 2008 a self destroying act.

What Justice Alto wrote in Dobbs, the next majority can use those same words to “return the 2nd Amendment to the states as the Founders intended.”

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can pray now. We did. The state cannot mandate it, and you cannot interfere with class. I am glad we do not live in a Christian version of an Islamic State.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

When you have staked out as far right of a position on the political spectrum as you have nearly everyone is a lefty.

I support the very few center right politicians that remain in the GOP, I refuse to support Trump or any of his mini-me's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is Joe Biden? Half the time he doesn't know. I mean he really doesn't know where he is. He needs long term care.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saudi Arabia sentences a man to death for online criticism of the Regime.

Yeap, I take the Good Ole USA. However, just underscore Ms my original observation.

We can’t tell Saudi Arabia to pound sand, we should in a perfect world, and they know it.

https://apple.news/AUHCNkECkThiNpxRP7P5tXA

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was "some checks" on abortion before SCOTUS created the mess we have now.

On the bright side, we now have an increase in the number of pre-teens giving birth cuckoo

The "mess" was created by Roe in 1973 when SCOTUS created the "right" out of whole cloth. All this ruling did was rightfully return the issue to the states. Don't worry, you and the rest of the ninnypoopers in the once=great-State-of-Colorado can pass legislation to murder human babies.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Women should still have a constitutional right to make the reproductive choices that they feel are best for themselves. Shameful the way you conservatives crave control over them.

My usual opinion is still applicable. You busy bodies should mind your own damn business.

Colorado is still a great State! This morning behind my house.