Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drill, baby, drill! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
According to Michael Steele, trump did not, & Biden did. Energy production is now at an all time high. Violent crime is down 15% from trump's time, is lower than at any time under trump, and the deficit is also much lower. You remember Steele, chairman of the GOP?

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rig counts in permian.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bottom line, more energy than ever.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
Rig counts in permian.

Probably important to folks in the Permian who own rigs.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:

Cept we're exporting a lot of it.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1192 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that why fuel prices are so low?

Posts: 3531 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

Because we are producing more than we use.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Rig counts in permian.

Probably important to folks in the Permian who own rigs.

Actually a key indice of domestic O&G production. There is a reason WTI is traded separate from Canadian Brent and OPEC basket.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously, but why not produce something we can use OR even better update a couple refineries to be able to use it. Seems like I read that someone was wanting to build a refinery in ND to use the Bakken crude

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:

Everything is based on WORLD PRICES. If it costs you $65 to pump it out of the ground or $85 to buy it on the open market, you are still going to sell your crude and/or refined products based on a cost of $85 world price. At least that is how I expect that it would be done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

True on the most basic level. Import 6 million b/d export 9 million b/d. The fly in the ointment is exploration and developing news fields or proving up old ones with new technology. I am very agnostic, I like it when oil is high and I like it when oil is low. Just the nature of what I do. That said, I live this nonsense, the US is not well positioned at the present from an exploration and development standpoint.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Everything is based on WORLD PRICES. If it costs you $65 to pump it out of the ground or $85 to buy it on the open market, you are still going to sell your crude and/or refined products based on a cost of $85 world price. At least that is how I expect that it would be done.

An excuse; not a reason. Governments are quick to take credit when things are bright but blame the "world markets" when they eff it up. The oil companies cry no matter what.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

An excuse; not a reason. Governments are quick to take credit when things are bright but blame the "world markets" when they eff it up. The oil companies cry no matter what.

Just because you got your crude a little cheaper are you going to wholesale your gasoline to Joe for $2.10 per gallon when John will pay you $2.42 per gallon?

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are describing a free market system, of which I doubt the existence today. I have always believed, if oil based energy is truly important to the nation, national needs should be met first, prior to any exportation. Ultimately, the oil in the ground should belong to the people of this country first. There is no reason to export energy from here then have to buy it back at a higher price. Still, it is what it is, like it or not. Just to what extent governmental actions influence costs, I can't pretend to know, for sure. I can hate on all of them though, just because it feels good! Regards, Bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are describing a free market system, of which I doubt the existence today. I have always believed, if oil based energy is truly important to the nation, national needs should be met first, prior to any exportation. Ultimately, the oil in the ground should belong to the people of this country first. There is no reason to export energy from here then have to buy it back at a higher price. Still, it is what it is, like it or not. Just to what extent governmental actions influence costs, I can't pretend to know, for sure. I can hate on all of them though, just because it feels good! Regards, Bill.

Can the government just order someone like Exxon to not sell gasoline or crude oil to anyone out of the country? Remember when a couple years ago 3M was selling masks to the Chinese and we didn't or couldn't do shit about it? We couldn't outbid the Chinese because our people had no authority to outbid the Chinese.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congress could through legislation.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Thinking that a congress controlled by either party would ever tell Exxon how to do business is a pipedream to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just saying, Congress has the authority to regulate commerce.

Congress could pass legislation stating how much of domestic production has to be sold domestically.

I am not saying they would. I am saying they can.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thinking that a congress controlled by either party would ever tell Exxon how to do business is a pipedream to say the least.

People who drive to work in midwinter tell Exxon what to produce and when.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14382 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congress could pass legislation stating how much of domestic production has to be sold domestically.

Say, that seems like ACTUAL fascism -- and only 3 short steps away from nationalization

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38485 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Say, that seems like ACTUAL fascism -- and only 3 short steps away from nationalization

I actually agree with you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those who think that trump is going to give them cheaper gas and food might want to think again.

https://www.aol.com/biden-trum...ation-223114837.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually agree with you.

Say, I am just telling you what Congress can do. Capitalism and the Constitution are not 1:1.

Go read Justice Marshall. Everyone quotes, “The power to tax is the power to destroy.”

What they ignore in the opinion is that the power to tax is limited only by what the sovereign people vote for through electing the Congress.

Best way to do it would be Congress to place a very high tax on any oil, crude, or gasoline being shipped out. Or Congress permitting the Fed Government to buy said, and sell it on the domestic market keeping that product off the international market. States have done so with other products. Such is an exception to the Dormant Commerce Clause when states do it.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sure reads like nationally coordinated economy / government interference/support/winner selection

Part of the problem with this scenario is that the under-informed don't know and/or don't apply the subtleties of the oil industry - Our refineries aren't, as a whole or the majority, setup to process WTI crude - WTI has different properties than middle eastern oil, and the EPA firmly stands in the way of creating new refineries to process American oil - and even though WTI has less (not tons, but less) negative leftovers.

literally trying to force (laws are force) consumption of US oil vs "Swaps" has several chemical, physical, and statute/regs issues to resolve --

crude grades are NOT fungible cross grade ...

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
sure reads like nationally coordinated economy / government interference/support/winner selection

Part of the problem with this scenario is that the under-informed don't know and/or don't apply the subtleties of the oil industry - Our refineries aren't, as a whole or the majority, setup to process WTI crude - WTI has different properties than middle eastern oil, and the EPA firmly stands in the way of creating new refineries to process American oil - and even though WTI has less (not tons, but less) negative leftovers.

literally trying to force (laws are force) consumption of US oil vs "Swaps" has several chemical, physical, and statute/regs issues to resolve --

crude grades are NOT fungible cross grade ...

Until we can use WTI and other light crude we will never be wholly energy independent and always be beholden to canada for their sludge and to the Saudis and to a degree the Russians. That's one reason why we should somewhat embrace EVs where they are practical. One thing the low level thinkers seem to ignore is that EV and battery performance will no doubts improve. The Wright brothers didn't make it overseas on their first flight. Autos, guns and many other things are better now that they were 100 or 200 years ago.

Who was it who said that if a person waited to do something until it was so perfect that nobody could find fault with it nothing would ever get done.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Nah, we should be heavily investing in nuke, especially thorium .. oh, and just btw.. Texas is awash in thorium ore

#dumptrump

476AR,