Find
Notify
Tools

The mindset of Trumpism Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...0cd96a37a83cdb&ei=43

Bill Barr warns of 'retribution,' 'chaos' in second Trump presidency

Former AG Bill Barr on Friday warned of what could be possible in a second Trump presidency

Bill Barr warns of 'retribution,' 'chaos' in second Trump presidency

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...0cd96a37a83cdb&ei=70

Donald Trump Threatens Joe Biden With Prosecution
Story by Kate Plummer • 12h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...5a2c21740726b6&ei=31

Trump Tells Iowa Crowd He Will ‘Completely’ Overhaul Justice Department to Target DAs, AGs
Story by Mariana Labbate • 4h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So does that mean we should usurp the Constitution and disavow the will of the people…for our own good…on the word of Bill Barr?

I am trying to remember…is it odd or even days that you take the advice of Bill Barr? Or is just on Halloween? I forget. coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
So does that mean we should usurp the Constitution and disavow the will of the people…for our own good…on the word of Bill Barr?

I am trying to remember…is it odd or even days that you take the advice of Bill Barr? Or is just on Halloween? I forget. coffee

Now you are worried about usurping the constitution and disavowing the will of the people? Where was that thought on J6th and during Trump's multiple attempts at stealing the 2020 election?

You are a real piece of work Lane. cuckoo

Oh the irony of a Trumptard.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve. Drawing flack from you is the ultimate form of flattery.

Let me know the next time the USA is in as perilous waters as it was with the Jan 6th riot…I’ll bring my 14U baseball team to quell it. Can I have the buffalo headdress for a trophy?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me know the next time the USA is in as perilous waters as it was with the Jan 6th riot…I’ll bring my 14U baseball team to quell it. Can I have the buffalo headdress for a trophy?

Why of course you downplay the J6th insurrection and Trump's attempted theft of the 2020 election, standard operating procedure for a Trumptard living in denial.

I know of nobody more deserving of the Buffalo headdress than you Lane. cuckoo

Once again, your hypocrisy is on full display.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

Why of course you downplay the J6th insurrection and Trump's attempted theft of the 2020 election, standard operating procedure for a Trumptard living in denial.

I live with my eyes and mind wide open…something I would encourage you and your liberal brethren to embrace.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I live with my eyes and mind wide open…something I would encourage you and your liberal brethren to embrace.

You should have become a comedian instead of an expert on horses asses Wink

You are one of the most closed minded individuals I have ever encountered.

And full of hypocrisy as well.

Mind wide open....more like, Mouth wide open.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And you should have spent more time learning debate skills in your educational process (presuming you had one). Then you wouldn’t always feel weak and fall back on personal attacks — the hallmark of an uneducated person.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And you should have spent more time learning debate skills in your educational process (presuming you had one). Then you wouldn’t always feel weak and fall back on personal attacks — the hallmark of an uneducated person.

Debate is best conducted firmly based in reality, something you and your conservative Brethren seem to struggle with these days.

You being so concerned about the will of the people being usurped is still high comedy. You missed your calling Lane. Thanks for the laugh
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's funny. lol

Halloween is a good day, April first, and the next leap day is February 29, 2024, etc.

From the evidence, one might suggest that Bill Barr has a conscience, and even though he did some very wrong things, he knows what right is. But, like us all, he's flawed. I don't trust him because of what he did to the Mueller Report. He has one redeeming quality that I know of, which is to tell it like it is regarding Trump. He certainly ought to know.

There are many others, Trumpsters in particular, who don't have the essential character in themselves to even see and own it that they have been fraudulated by Trump, and they lay the blame on others and the country to suffer. These are really the people who can't be trusted.

"disavow the will of the people for our own good"???

If somehow, legitimately, Trump is re-elected, per the will of the people majority, tainted as they are, I will still value the constitution. I can't believe that will happen until it does, and suffer with it then.

We are in such deep doo-doo in other ways, Trumpism is just one more layer, a biggie, and the sad thing is all that and associated can be avoided through the Founder's system, IF Trumpsters wake up.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane is still not over the fact that his hero is 91 times indicted and is currently out on bail. Nobody wants to think bad things about his daddy. Like the other trumpers, he just doubled down on the insanely stupid.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree that re-electing Donald Trump is a serious mistake, and probably not good for the nation. I don't believe he brings any good to the table.
One the other hand, if the Democratic choice continues to be Joe and Kamala, Trump wins if he runs. Only the seriously deluded can think that the current administration is doing the country any good.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The other side is that you honestly don’t think what’s happening to the ex Trump folks isn’t retribution?

It may be justified, but if retribution (in and of itself) is bad, then you are admitting that what Biden’s DOJ is doing is bad.

It also explains why Trump would be so big on it. He feels he has been unjustly targeted. He’s convincing folks that’s the case.

He might well have a point. I would never had expected that so many folks would go along with voiding out due process and a chance for a criminal defense.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would never had expected that so many folks would go along with voiding out due process and a chance for a criminal defense.

What on earth are you talking about? Trump is being given due process in every case, and has lawyers to look out for his interests.

Where does some of this bullshit originate? That's what I'd like to know. Those repeating these lies here are carriers of a virus.

Posts: 6149 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In MN and CO they are trying to remove him from the ballot before he has been convicted.

In MN, they used procedural failings to prevent the Trump campaign to represent him in this hearing that is coming up shortly before the state Supreme Court.

It’s all over the radio here.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reason I mentioned it was the topic starter (ME) had a thread that he advocated for this behavior.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The campaign probably should not be representing him in a private capacity.

Procedural issues are always strict and have to be followed.

If you mess up procedure, you do not get to court.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a matter involving his placement on the ballot? To me, that appears to be the most direct group.

And yes, I do think Trump will be found to be ineligible at some point here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
In MN and CO they are trying to remove him from the ballot before he has been convicted.

In MN, they used procedural failings to prevent the Trump campaign to represent him in this hearing that is coming up shortly before the state Supreme Court.

Following established procedure in legal matters IS "due process".

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a matter involving his placement on the ballot? To me, that appears to be the most direct group.

And yes, I do think Trump will be found to be ineligible at some point here.

Maybe, I would have to read the ruling on the issue.

Jefffive is 100 percent correct. When legal procedural requirements are followed, due process is being given.

Maybe, the campaign lawyers are not barred in MN, and did not go through the procedure known as pro hac vice to repress him.

It could be a multitude of procedural issues.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason I mentioned it was the topic starter (ME) had a thread that he advocated for this behavior.

I just picked three articles out of many for starters on this thread. And I DO NOT advocate for bypassing due process, quite the opposite, for two reasons. One, without due process, it wouldn't be right and two, the outcome wouldn't stick.

In many ways due process is my whole point. It's hinged on the rule of law which is exactly what Trumpsters and Trump want to trash. Of course, Trumpsters try to flip the narrative on that, and buy into Trump's lies of witch hunt, persecution, election interference, etc. An extension of the BIG LIE is to get people to believe that the justice system is corrupt, political, and doesn't serve them, and only Trump can fix it. That's fascism.

Also, that's why I don't trust Bill Barr in particular. At one time, in his power of office, he specifically participated in the corruption of justice, malfeasance. He knows it. We know it. Now, he thinks he can make amends. All it means is that he knew it was wrong at the time and did it anyway. It also means that he ought to know what he's talking about, in a unique way. Same for Mitch McConnel. Now I'm sure he wishes he had voted to impeach.

quote:
The other side is that you honestly don’t think what’s happening to the ex Trump folks isn’t retribution?

It may be justified, but if retribution (in and of itself) is bad, then you are admitting that what Biden’s DOJ is doing is bad.

It also explains why Trump would be so big on it. He feels he has been unjustly targeted. He’s convincing folks that’s the case.

He might well have a point. I would never had expected that so many folks would go along with voiding out due process and a chance for a criminal defense.

In reading your post carefully, the wording, I see mixed messages, like you are hedging your bets!!!

What ex-Trump folks - you? What do ex-Trump folks, like you and many others, deserve if not retribution, herein for example, even though you say you are no longer a Trumper? Can you now be trusted as a dweller in reality?

As to the DOJ - you seem to be claiming that prosecuting criminal acts and behavior per the rule of law and due process is retribution (political). If so, that's a lie and you have bought into Trump's lies, again. Yes, Trump is big on it - to avoid accountability. And he's big on sowing doubt about the justice system and more. And it's working. Your post for example.

What's astonishing and disgusting to me is how easily the narrative is flipped, with guys like Gym Jordon and Mike Johnson who claim they are all about the constitution, yet the evidence says otherwise. And so many intelligent people can't sort it out, and think maybe there is some two-sided truths, or reality, to all this.

It shows in your choice of words.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One ought to be able to figure out that something is amuck when we have an ex-president indicted so many times, and with so many civil cases in process. And that's just part of the evidence of an alt-reality run amuck

The default mode for Trumpers is to believe (continue) that it's the system - not them. They lay the blame out there - over yonder.

The believe that they couldn't be and have been that WRONG.

And we have to suffer with it, while we know it's destructive. Should we be patient?

How many gag orders will it take?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...c2cc63d85000ca&ei=12

Donald Trump Approaches Red Line
Story by Sean O'Driscoll •
4h

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump, if/once he is found to have participated in an insurrection deserves to face punishment. Aka retribution.

Trump once found guilty of mishandling classified documents will face retribution/punishment for doing so… hopefully.

Retribution is punishment given for something done, usually by the victims.

Is it a justifiable punishment? That’s the question. Is Trump’s retribution against the various subordinates justified? I don’t think so. On the other hand, some kind of retribution does seem justified for the folks who totally ignored rules and pushed the Steele dossier despite knowing better.

It’s just the lefties tend to use the term retribution when they mean unjustified punishment and say rule of law when they mean justified retribution.

Things like what is happening to folks who supported Trump (lawyers, ex officials, etc) are being prosecuted in large part to get to Trump… what else is making plea bargains in return for testimony? That is the retribution I was talking about re ex Trump folks. It’s certainly unusual for attorneys to be charged with crimes for doing the bidding of their clients…. Not unheard of, but unusual.

Your comment that the people see the system as political, corrupt, and not responsive is probably more the norm. Most folks don’t care for prosecutorial discretion until it helps them personally, yet is a very widely used tool. I do think the system has lots of problems… but it’s better than anything else we’ve tried. I would tend to agree that anyone who believes that “only Trump can fix it” is not playing with a full deck- at best, his goal is to change who the discretion is granted to, at worst, totalitarian policies.

Do I think Jim Jordan or Mike Johnson are going to fix everything? No. Do I think it’s possible they are good folks who took Trump at his word and were wrong because of it? Sure. Do I think they are insurrectionists? No, you will need to provide a heck of a lot more evidence than a vote they had the right to cast, even wrongly, before I’m buying that.

Do I think Jim Jordan is a good guy? I have my doubts given the whole sex abuse situation. I don’t have that re the Speaker. I’m going to say he’s as good as any of the other public servants until you can give some proof he’s not.

I think you (ME) are reading a lot into my response that is not there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump, if/once he is found to have participated in an insurrection deserves to face punishment. Aka retribution.

Trump once found guilty of mishandling classified documents will face retribution/punishment for doing so… hopefully.

Is it a justifiable punishment? That’s the question. Is Trump’s retribution against the various subordinates justified? I don’t think so. On the other hand, some kind of retribution does seem justified for the folks who totally ignored rules and pushed the Steele dossier despite knowing better.

It’s just the lefties tend to use the term retribution when they mean unjustified punishment and say rule of law when they mean justified retribution.

Things like what is happening to folks who supported Trump (lawyers, ex officials, etc) are being prosecuted in large part to get to Trump… what else is making plea bargains in return for testimony? That is the retribution I was talking about re ex Trump folks. It’s certainly unusual for attorneys to be charged with crimes for doing the bidding of their clients…. Not unheard of, but unusual.

Your comment that the people see the system as political, corrupt, and not responsive is probably more the norm. Most folks don’t care for prosecutorial discretion until it helps them personally, yet is a very widely used tool. I do think the system has lots of problems… but it’s better than anything else we’ve tried. I would tend to agree that anyone who believes that “only Trump can fix it” is not playing with a full deck- at best, his goal is to change who the discretion is granted to, at worst, totalitarian policies.

Do I think Jim Jordan or Mike Johnson are going to fix everything? No. Do I think it’s possible they are good folks who took Trump at his word and were wrong because of it? Sure. Do I think they are insurrectionists? No, you will need to provide a heck of a lot more evidence than a vote they had the right to cast, even wrongly, before I’m buying that.

Do I think Jim Jordan is a good guy? I have my doubts given the whole sex abuse situation. I don’t have that re the Speaker. I’m going to say he’s as good as any of the other public servants until you can give some proof he’s not.

No, no ,no. You have it all wrong. Trump's enablers and co conspirators should be held accountable just as Trump should. These people are not innocent victims or gullible and naive, they very much were part and parcel of the big lie and attempt to steal the 2020 election. They do not deserve to have excuses made for them or be defended, they are a big part of the problem. Jim Jordan and Mike Johnson were not duped, they laid the foundation to attempt usurp the american voter. Stop defending them and take a principled stand. You see Trump is a rat bastard, his enablers are as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, no ,no. You have it all wrong. Trump's enablers and co conspirators should be held accountable just as Trump should. These people are not innocent victims or gullible and naive, they very much were part and parcel of the big lie and attempt to steal the 2020 election. They do not deserve to have excuses made for them or be defended, they are a big part of the problem. Jim Jordan and Mike Johnson were not duped, they laid the foundation to attempt usurp the american voter. Stop defending them and take a principled stand. You see Trump is a rat bastard, his enablers are as well.

EXACTLY.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1212 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Proof?

Charges?

Or Banana republic?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Proof?

Charges?

Or Banana republic?

Have you not read a newspaper since before 2020? Have you not heard Jim Jordan tell lie after lie about the stolen election? All the while trying to help Trump steal the election? Mike Johnson filed the Texas amicus, he was the architect of these lie filled lawsuits. Come on now, I really think your analytical skills are better than that.

Do you really need a trial when when the truth is slapping you that hard in the face?

I think you have the capacity to see the truth, you see it finally for Trump, why is it you make excuses for his enablers?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the time of the votes, they had Trump telling them he had solid, inconvertible evidence that there was massive fraud.

They had Trump attorneys telling them the same.

Until you can present the same level of testimony that they had their own staff telling them that this was all bogus, at the time of the plan and vote, I’m able to say you have not proven anything. I may think they are a bit gullible, especially since they should have seen evidence of Trump’s behavioral pattern given their positions, but nevertheless being dumb isn’t a crime (it’s a reason to elect someone else).

If and when they have the proof, then I will be all for throwing them in prison.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Things like what is happening to folks who supported Trump (lawyers, ex officials, etc) are being prosecuted in large part to get to Trump… what else is making plea bargains in return for testimony? An essential part of the prosecution of criminal conspiracies throughout our Justice system. That is the retribution I was talking about re ex Trump folks. It’s certainly unusual for attorneys to be charged with crimes for doing the bidding of their clients…. Not unheard of, but unusual. It's unusual for attorneys to commit crimes in service of their clients. When they do they forfeit all attorney/client protections.

Do I think Jim Jordan or Mike Johnson are going to fix everything? No. Do I think it’s possible they are good folks who took Trump at his word and were wrong because of it? Trump was widely known as a liar and fabulist long before he got to the Oval Office. Anybody who "took him at his word" is an idiot. Sure. Do I think they are insurrectionists? No, you will need to provide a heck of a lot more evidence than a vote they had the right to cast, even wrongly, before I’m buying that.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you really need a trial when when the truth is slapping you that hard in the face?

Yes, we do.

Posts: 6149 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, i believe in due process and lawful processes - so, Yeah, should be an easy case - I have said this before - if the truth is that overwhelming, it should be an easy case to win - I'd love to see it live on CSPAN -

and settle the matter once and for all - would be great to have trump retired from the field before the nomination

are you afraid that it would go somewhere other than guilty? I am not certain either way, as I don't have all the data, background, and i am certainly unaware of concealed or concealable events that also happened --

Let's have a trial - let's drag it out in the light and approach it from all angles -- and put it to rest, rather than rage

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the time of the votes, they had Trump telling them he had solid, inconvertible evidence that there was massive fraud.

They had Trump attorneys telling them the same.

Until you can present the same level of testimony that they had their own staff telling them that this was all bogus, at the time of the plan and vote, I’m able to say you have not proven anything. I may think they are a bit gullible, especially since they should have seen evidence of Trump’s behavioral pattern given their positions, but nevertheless being dumb isn’t a crime (it’s a reason to elect someone else).

If and when they have the proof, then I will be all for throwing them in prison.

I'm not saying throw them in prison without a trail. I am saying that they damn well knew what they were doing in trying to promote Trump's lies. I do not need a trial to see it, they are part of the machine that enabled Trump. You have to be able to see that? I agree that hard evidence is required for a criminal conviction, the standard to me is far lower for being publicly rebuked. Mike Johnson and Jim Jordan are a big part of the problem, along with Rudy, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis and the others. Jordan and Johnson may not have been charged yet, but they were complicit in the conspiracy. Legally? I do not know. Ethically and morally? Your damn right they are guilty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those aren't criminal matters. You said "criminal defense." Trump is being ably represented by lawyers, and is given the chance to defend himself, in all of the criminal actions against him.

I think the MN and CO actions to keep Trump off the ballot are premature until there is a conviction.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

Yes, we do.

For a criminal conviction I would agree. For public rebuke for obviously being part of the conspiracy to steal the election? No trial needed in my book. The rat bastards are guilty, ethically and morally, guilty as Trump is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Well, i believe in due process and lawful processes - so, Yeah, should be an easy case - I have said this before - if the truth is that overwhelming, it should be an easy case to win - I'd love to see it live on CSPAN -

and settle the matter once and for all - would be great to have trump retired from the field before the nomination

are you afraid that it would go somewhere other than guilty? I am not certain either way, as I don't have all the data, background, and i am certainly unaware of concealed or concealable events that also happened --

Let's have a trial - let's drag it out in the light and approach it from all angles -- and put it to rest, rather than rage

I'm not saying lock them up without a trial but those two are well deserving of public rebuke. They are part of the problem, they Trump's enablers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

Yes, we do.

For a criminal conviction I would agree. For public rebuke for obviously being part of the conspiracy to steal the election? No trial needed in my book. The rat bastards are guilty, ethically and morally, guilty as Trump is.

Who's going to issue this "public rebuke"?

Do you think Trump would accept it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

This is the way. Trump deserves his day in court and god, I hope he gets it. Of course, the problem is that he may be POTUS before any of it happens. As with all things Trump.....FUBAR.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Individuals can rebuke and think what they wish of President Trump.

A public rebuke can only come from the polls, and rejection of policies that made him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would help if conservatives stopped defending those involved in Trump's attempt at steal the election. Is it really that hard to understand? It is called accountability. Jim Jordan and Mike Johnson are no more worth defending than Bob Méndez is. Shitty behavior deserves to be called out.