Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judge rules trump and spawn committed fraud Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Finally. Maybe this is the beginning of trump finally being held to account for his financial shenanigans.

https://thehill.com/regulation...-real-estate-empire/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15132 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Yeah finally, everyone knows it’s a witch hunt. Unfortunately he could murder a trans kid but at this point all the litigation is so farcical not a soul truly believes. There’s an allegory -Cry Wolf

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Yeah finally, everyone knows it’s a witch hunt. Unfortunately he could murder a trans kid but at this point all the litigation is so farcical not a soul truly believes. There’s an allegory -Cry Wolf

Actually, the court's findings were based on evidence. I've posted this many times here before. trump was found liable for misrepresenting the value of his assets to lenders when looking for loans. He'd say one thing on a disclosure to a bank when he was looking for a loan and something entirely different to the tax assessors when the time came to value his real estate holdings for tax purposes. That's against state and federal law.

So, no, it's not a witch hunt. It's (hopefully) the beginning of somebody, finally, holding this grifter and his family accountable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dem cancer working like a champ.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loiblb:
Dem cancer working like a champ.

Defending the cult leader also working well.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Trump is an embarrassment to the nation and I’m embarrassed to say I actually voted for the crook… Roll Eyes

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

"everyone knows it's a witch hunt" "all the litigation is so farcical not a soul truly believes"???

Only within your MAGA echo chamber. So, thanks for reminding us of the astounding fact that such exists.

https://youtu.be/Ne0FVkpL7JU?si=FHz99dH1eGY-H-TY

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19783 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jdollar, kudos for admitting your past choices and being open-minded enough to look at the evidence. I have quite a few friends who have come to that same fork in the road.

Fools like loiblb can't be helped. We carry them along in our society, they weigh us down, but so far we have narrowly outnumbered them, which is a sad commentary on Americans in general.

I think the reason any Republican Presidential candidate will lose in 2024, is because of the shadow of Donald Trump. I won't vote Republican if I think Trump and MAGA will be controlling the strings. All of the Republican contenders have at one point or another knelt and kissed the head of Trump's dick. I won't forgive them for that.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Actually, the court's findings were based on evidence. I've posted this many times here before. trump was found liable for misrepresenting the value of his assets to lenders when looking for loans. He'd say one thing on a disclosure to a bank when he was looking for a loan and something entirely different to the tax assessors when the time came to value his real estate holdings for tax purposes. That's against state and federal law.

So, no, it's not a witch hunt. It's (hopefully) the beginning of somebody, finally, holding this grifter and his family accountable.

But they sure do keep bagging a lot of witches don't they?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1214 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm so old I can remember when a "witch hunt" meant hunting for something that wasn't there, not merely rounding up an entire Presidential Administration and sorting the "defendants" from the "witnesses"...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a large part of the problem:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...Gry?ocid=socialshare

Fox News

Trump being punished 'in every way possible' through political persecution: Rep. Jeff Van Drew

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, R-N.J., joined 'FOX & Friends First' to discuss a judge ruling Trump committed fraud

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19783 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Trump is an embarrassment to the nation and I’m embarrassed to say I actually voted for the crook… Roll Eyes

I resemble that remark!

Posts: 514 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everything we tried and tried to tell ya'll about this rapey, gropey, Russian-compromised wannabee mob boss whose entire financial "empire" was built on fraud, every single goddamned word, is being proven correct.

Donald Trump has no redeeming human qualities; at least his Grandfather ran a whorehouse where his clients got screwed when they paid to get screwed.

With Donald you only get half the deal.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think there's a quality of character in a person who can change their mind about something as significant as Trump, and admit their mistake.

Although true, the I-told-you-so thing is rubbing it in. Such people are unusual and should be applauded and respected.

I just hope I have that quality of character, as I claim to have, and not fooling myself. I think I also can change my mind on things if the evidence and facts are sufficient.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the goddamn democrats would give people reasonable alternatives, trump would be a non-issue.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
reasonable alternatives

How is that possible, in the Right's view, given all that the Right "knows" about the left?

I ask that question in the context that much of what the Right "knows", as in believes, about the left and "the direction" are lies, or at best distortions.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RUB, RUB, RUB, GRIND A LITTLE, RUB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We told you he desperately wanted to bang his daughter when she was a child.

He told you on Howard Stern if she wasn't his daughter "perhaps" he'd be dating her when she was what, 16?

We told you he was a groper and a pervert.

He told you one of the best parts of owning the Miss Teen USA Pageant was getting to walk into the dressing room unannounced whenever he wanted to.

You accused Hillary Clinton of running a ring of pedophiles in the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement.

Had the options been "Believe "A" or believe "B", the evidence is about equal" that would be a difference of opinion.

Had the options been "Believe "A" for which there is considerable evidence or "B" for which there is none." believing B would be public stupidity.

The options were "Believe "A", for which there is multi-source documentary evidence and the protagonist is exhausting every possible semi-legal strategem to hide the truth or Believe "B" which was obviously manufactured from whole cloth to deflect from the awful truth about "A" staring you right in the fucking face."

You chose "A".

And that was all before Putin punked Trump in front of the world at Helsinki.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

I think there's a quality of character in a person who can change their mind about something as significant as Trump, and admit their mistake.

Although true, the I-told-you-so thing is rubbing it in. Such people are unusual and should be applauded and respected.

I just hope I have that quality of character, as I claim to have, and not fooling myself. I think I also can change my mind on things if the evidence and facts are sufficient.

After they have spent years crawling through a self-generated river of slime and filth they don't get to just get up at the end, dust themselves off and say "Well, what's next, old chap?"

They can crawl their fetid asses right back up the sewer they built and when they emerge at the top, after filling it in behind them, we can talk about possible decontamination.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Too many hungry lawyers!

Not much common sense! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, if I didn't adopt an attitude of forgiveness, for those who are forgivable, IMO, I would be holding too many grudges, and probably the reciprocal is true too. I've said several times that my friends and relatives are Rightists to varying degrees.

Some are deplorables, but they have redeeming qualities. It's to my advantage that I look at that and try to ignore the rest. It's not easy. Sometimes they piss me off.

On this forum I can say stuff that I normally keep to myself amongst "them". Big Grin

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, if I didn't adopt an attitude of forgiveness, for those who are forgivable, IMO, I would be holding too many grudges, and probably the reciprocal is true too. I've said several times that my friends and relatives are Rightists to varying degrees.

Some are deplorables, but they have redeeming qualities. It's to my advantage that I look at that and try to ignore the rest. It's not easy. Sometimes they piss me off.

On this forum I can say stuff that I normally keep to myself amongst "them". Big Grin

I neither have nor want multiple personas for different venues, all I can be is me, I don't know how to be anyone else and don't intend to try to learn.

If I'll call a man a stupid son-of-a-bitch online for supporting an anti-democratic piece of shit like Trump after the evidence proves what we said about him all along was true I'll tell him to his face. How he reacts is entirely up to him.

If you ran across me on Twitter, or floating my favorite river in a canoe, you'd likely get suspicious that there was something familiar about this cantankerous old bastard before long and there's a good chance you'd figure it out eventually.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
This song must be for you, Sarge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the goddamn democrats would give people reasonable alternatives, trump would be a non-issue.

No shit...they somehow managed to run Tusli Gabbard out of the party with silliness, one of very few who's seen a little warfare and doesn't want to see any more of it.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
This song must be for you, Sarge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

I bother no-one intentionally or, generally, foreseeably. I grant everyone around me every right I claim for myself, primary among which is simply the right to be left the hell alone if I'm not bothering anyone.

I'm not an extroverted asshole determined to prove just how obnoxious I can be, if I want to do that I'll make a batch of napalm.

I'm the quiet asshole nobody ever profited by fucking with, and nobody ever did it to for amusement twice.

There are circumstances and mistakes where it's appropriate to say "Damn, I got that wrong, didn't I?" and appropriate for the other party to say "Yep, happens to everybody if they live long enough." but trafficking in outright lies of a vile nature for years to support an obvious grifter and con even after he tried to literally overthrow democracy in the United States ain't those circumstances.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

When was the last time either Party declined to nominate the sitting President if he wanted the nomination?

Who would you propose as this "reasonable alternative"?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are circumstances and mistakes where it's appropriate to say "Damn, I got that wrong, didn't I?" and appropriate for the other party to say "Yep, happens to everybody if they live long enough." but trafficking in outright lies of a vile nature for years to support an obvious grifter and con even after he tried to literally overthrow democracy in the United States ain't those circumstances.

Okay - just sayin' that admitting a mistake, even a dramatic as voting for Trump, is a small step in the right direction. I doubt that we had any influence on that. I think that they sorted that out for themselves, albeit slowly, maybe too little/too late. They represent a small segment in the MEGA world. At least they didn't double-down as most of the Trumpsters do.

The question remains - if and when will they see reality in the present? I think only those GOPers who have admitted their mistake in once supporting Trump can make the leap in the present, rather than in hindsight.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...02e532e4dbde6b&ei=74

'How did Dr. Frankenstein deal with his monster?'; Trump era GOP struggles with old school politics

Michael Steele, former chair of the RNC, talks with Rachel Maddow about whether the Trump-supporting Republican base no longer sees democracy as the best way to achieve their goals and would prefer a strongman, authoritarian enforcer, and what that means for how the party conducts campaigns and debates and other rituals of politics.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

When was the last time either Party declined to nominate the sitting President if he wanted the nomination?

Never. Tradition mandates that trump be POTUS again, I guess?

Somebody that wouldn't be trailing trump in every single poll right now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Trump is not a sitting President, and they are massaging those polls so hard to try to get a horse race the poor things can't walk for a week.

Go look at the outcomes of all the special elections since 2022 when the "Red Wave" turned out to be a minor ripple, Democrats have overperformed expectations by 8% on average. That will go up.

How many supporters do you suppose Trump has lost since Biden beat him by 7 million votes, and how many has he gained? Do you think Guilty verdicts and prison sentences are going to improve his polling numbers?

I don't see Trump getting the Republican nomination and carrying it to the General nor do I see a viable replacement who can draw the 25% of the Republican electorate who are hard-core mouth breathing MAGAts; those idiots will either write him in or stay home and whatever sacrificial lamb to Trump's vanity heads the ticket will be very fortunate if they only lose the popular vote by 15 or 20 million.

No matter who they are they will carry Trump around their neck like an albatross, and his stench will come along for the ride.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Trump is not a sitting President, and they are massaging those polls so hard to try to get a horse race the poor things can't walk for a week.

Go look at the outcomes of all the special elections since 2022 when the "Red Wave" turned out to be a minor ripple, Democrats have overperformed expectations by 8% on average. That will go up.

How many supporters do you suppose Trump has lost since Biden beat him by 7 million votes, and how many has he gained? Do you think Guilty verdicts and prison sentences are going to improve his polling numbers?

I don't see Trump getting the Republican nomination and carrying it to the General nor do I see a viable replacement who can draw the 25% of the Republican electorate who are hard-core mouth breathing MAGAts; those idiots will either write him in or stay home and whatever sacrificial lamb to Trump's vanity heads the ticket will be very fortunate if they only lose the popular vote by 15 or 20 million.

No matter who they are they will carry Trump around their neck like an albatross, and his stench will come along for the ride.

I'm with you, understand all the arguments.

Go look at the outcome in 2016. A flawed Dem candidate resulted in the election of a moron. It could happen again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top US general taking steps to protect family after Trump death comments
Story by Reuters • 12h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...a933390fb9362c&ei=73

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Let's get ready for the flame

quote:
Okay - just sayin' that admitting a mistake, even a dramatic as voting for Trump,

Dah, comrade - i can see your idea of America is where voting for the losing candidate it a political crime, subject to the full fury of the PARTY's apparatchiks to ruin the traitor's

Works in China, Russia, Cuba, and Venezuela

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Okay - just sayin' that admitting a mistake, even a dramatic as voting for Trump,

Dah, comrade - i can see your idea of America is where voting for the losing candidate it a political crime, subject to the full fury of the PARTY's apparatchiks to ruin the traitor's

Then you don't see my ideas at all. You "see" what you are indoctrinated to see, mostly.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Story by Reuters • 12h

Sad. A man who has literally spent his entire life defending our country and he has to take measures to protect himself and his family because of that fucking idiot. I'll say what I always say when it comes to the incredibly stupid divisive shit trump says: defies belief. If you had told me even ten years ago that I'd be reading headlines like this, I would have recommended shock treatment for your head.

Now? Normal and expected behavior from the leader of the republican party who stands a very good chance of being re-elected as the President of the United States. barf

How on earth did we get here?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A small clue - see the two previous posts.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A small clue - see the two previous posts.

Rhetorical.

I understand exactly how we got here. What's even more concerning is where we are headed if that idiot gets elected again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How did we get here?

Ever since the election of DDE, we have been in a tailspin as far as public life.

I would like to hope that we hit bottom and might be on the way up, but all indications suggest we are continuing on our merry way.

It’s horrid that a public official gets this from a candidate for elective office, but given we don’t do much in general to folks who act like this, I assume it’s safe to expect more of the same.

Having gotten threats myself, it’s not much fun… and given I don’t have the $ or position to get protection, I really despise the party that wants to take away my means of defense.

quote:
quote:
Story by Reuters • 12h

Sad. A man who has literally spent his entire life defending our country and he has to take measures to protect himself and his family because of that fucking idiot. I'll say what I always say when it comes to the incredibly stupid divisive shit trump says: defies belief. If you had told me even ten years ago that I'd be reading headlines like this, I would have recommended shock treatment for your head.

Now? Normal and expected behavior from the leader of the republican party who stands a very good chance of being re-elected as the President of the United States. barf

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really despise the party that wants to take away my means of defense.

What party would that be? That's news to me.

Prove your claim.

Maybe an appeal to authority is appropriate for that claim? Smiler

Here's my appeal to authority:

Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor that serves as a general rule for rejecting certain knowledge claims. It states "what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." The razor was created by and named after author and journalist Christopher Hitchens (1949–2011).

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

Then you don't see my ideas at all. You "see" what you are indoctrinated to see, mostly.

It's literally what you said, kabob -- i see YOU calling voting for anyone YOU disagree with as a "Dramatic mistake" .. dah, comrade ..

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's literally what you said, kabob -- i see YOU calling voting for anyone YOU disagree with as a "Dramatic mistake" .. dah, comrade ..

It's not just that I disagree with. It's that the evidence was there all along. So the question remains. Did folks vote for Trump because they understood and agreed, or did they vote because of ignorance? Either way, we are where we are today. But I think the distinction makes a difference.

XXX