Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I Am Not Congress's Prosecutor" Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Garland slaps the House MAGA Morons in the mouth. https://www.reuters.com/world/...osecutor-2023-09-20/ Someday Garland should run for President. I would vote for him regardless of his Party affiliation. (The "Country" means more to me than "The Brand".)

Merrick Garland is Donald Trump and MAGA's worst nightmare.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not like they didn't earn his attention. Funny if it's so political why is it all Republicans who spilling their guts? Rudy G. has to be wondering what fucking bulldozer ran him over. Considering what's happened and what will happen why would anyone want anything to do with him should he get re-elected? Alas, there is no shortage of dumbos willing to ass kiss him.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I disagree with his statement.

Who prosecutes crimes?

If congress is part of the state, then he is their prosecutor.

He’s not responsible to congress to do their bidding except as a part of the government, but if congress has to pass the law before he can prosecute someone, and if congress has to appropriate the funds his department operates on, he’s theirs.

Not exclusively, but he’s not without obligation to them, either- and they have an obligation to the AG as well.

He’s trying to say that his agency has some independence from congress. That’s different than not being responsible to them.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I disagree with his statement.

Who prosecutes crimes?

If congress is part of the state, then he is their prosecutor.

He’s not responsible to congress to do their bidding except as a part of the government, but if congress has to pass the law before he can prosecute someone, and if congress has to appropriate the funds his department operates on, he’s theirs.

Not exclusively, but he’s not without obligation to them, either- and they have an obligation to the AG as well.

He’s trying to say that his agency has some independence from congress. That’s different than not being responsible to them.

quote:
"I am not the president’s lawyer. I will add I am not Congress’s prosecutor. The Justice Department works for the American people."

That's exactly the right answer. We don't have, and don't need, a political police and prosecution force, which is what Trump wanted and would try to have if elected.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He may have just been referring to the MAGA Morons on that committee. What a group of dumbos. After The January 6th Committee, this MAGA Republican Clown Show is a total embarrassment to the nation.

I'm pretty sure Garland meant he wasn't going to let a bunch of MAGA bitches weaponize the DOJ by getting him to pull off investigations pointing towards MAGA & Trump, and chase bullshit investigations just to occupy his forces.

Trump in 2020 tried to castrate the DOJ using Jeffrey Clarke. We survived that and Biden has the right man running the show. "Git'em Garland".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good lord..... "Gym" Jordan and Matt Gaetz.

Not fit to lick the bottom of Merrick Garland's shoes. Couple of world-class opportunistic no-account pieces of shit.

I am mystified that there could be any constituency that would think having those two clowns representing them would be a good idea.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont get the "gym" jorden being used.
Is it suppose to be some sort of slight? A very weak one if it is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

It's a reference to the college wrestlers a team doctor was molesting when Jordan was Assistant Coach and knew about it but did nothing.

Link

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for the link Jeff, hadnt heard a thing about it. Way to often people are afraid to point out the wrong doings of someone with more power.
My F I L is a DC court of appeals judge, a liberal, appointed by Clinton.
He was glad to see Garland go. He said he would never take a contentious case, as his whole goal was to be a supreme court judge. He never wanted anything to come back on him.
He has carried that outlook to his currant position.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thankyou for the link Jeff, hadnt heard a thing about it. Way to often people are afraid to point out the wrong doings of someone with more power.
My F I L is a DC court of appeals judge, a liberal, appointed by Clinton.
He was glad to see Garland go. He said he would never take a contentious case, as his whole goal was to be a supreme court judge. He never wanted anything to come back on him.
He has carried that outlook to his currant position.

Actually, I misspoke, he didn't "do nothing", he actively participated in the cover-up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

It's a reference to the college wrestlers a team doctor was molesting when Jordan was Assistant Coach and knew about it but did nothing.

Link

Yeah. That.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was actually a very strong one, but then you stay glued to FOX and Newsmax so I can understand why you missed the truth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a drooling old communist in my living room. So I know you dont have any idea what I watch.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank God Chuck Grassley and Mitch McConnell had the wherewithal to keep that moron off the bench of the SCOTUS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote