Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America In A Nutshell! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A case of mistaken identity. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get it worked out as to who the actual criminal is. We ask more questions than the authorities in your country do. We need more info than who your daddy is to determine who might be culpable.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
A case of mistaken identity. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get it worked out as to who the actual criminal is. We ask more questions than the authorities in your country do. We need more info than who your daddy is to determine who might be culpable.

Yes.

Very obvious in California, where security guards who attempt tp stop criminals are fired! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
On going through a store checkout in the US the cashier didn’t check my wife’s signature against what was on the credit card ( this was a few years back).

When she asked why the store clerk said it’s company policy not to check because even it the signature didn’t match they wouldn’t want staff to challenge the customer and “put themselves at risk”. Bloody nuts.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
On going through a store checkout in the US the cashier didn’t check my wife’s signature against what was on the credit card ( this was a few years back).

When she asked why the store clerk said it’s company policy not to check because even it the signature didn’t match they wouldn’t want staff to challenge the customer and “put themselves at risk”. Bloody nuts.

I have not had my signature checked in years. It does however say see picture ID so I'd show my DL if necessary. Getting pretty uncommon to have to hand your card to a cashier.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1171 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:

I had the same thing happen to me.

But the answer I got there were some which were fraudulent, and the insurance company covers it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000