THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Some facts for those now supporting the J6 Insurrectionists
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some facts for those now supporting the J6 Insurrectionists Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
https://reason.com/2023/03/08/...l-chaos-is-he-wrong/

Not quite Wenceslas Square

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
That article^^^Judge…depicts reality as close as anything else I have read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36664 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, I have to say.

I started reading the article linked in the above post figuring that it would be conclusive for the wrong reasons and relying on BS for support.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the opposite.

Then I read the whole thing, and upon first reading found nothing resembling BS.

There are so many supporting facts in the article, making the inferences and conclusions credible.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19796 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, we crossed posts. I didn't see your post until I posted mine. (less than two minutes apart)

Another surprise - we finally agree on something. Smiler

Now, I'll have to read the article again as find something to disagree with. Wink

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19796 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
We also agree on AR-15s and the best bait for catching yellow-cat. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36664 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
We also agree on AR-15s and the best bait for catching yellow-cat. Wink

And probably a whole lot more. Probable agree more than disagree, except for politics. Smiler

Back to the grind:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...2483953e933551&ei=13

GOP insiders panic as Trump elevates Capitol rioters as 'patriots'
Story by Travis Gettys • 3h ago

“Ignore it, deflect it all you want,” said Mike Noble, the chief of research and managing partner at the polling firm OH Predictive Insights. “This is, right now, going to be the Trump show … The oxygen is just going to be sucked out of the room focusing on Trump.”

“It’s going to be Trump, or it’s going to be the Trumpiest son-of-a-b*tch out there," said former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh, who unsuccessfully challenged him in 2020. “That is what this base wants.”

“The press likes him -- he’s the story, he’s conflict,” said longtime GOP strategist Beth Miller. “How do you not continue to write about him, since all of those issues are still at the forefront.”

Trump himself has added to this dynamic by promoting Carlson's work and hailing the jailed January 6th rioters as "patriots" whom he would pardon should he win a second term.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump...ll-jan-6-protesters/

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
And probably a whole lot more. Probable agree more than disagree, except for politics. Smiler

Agreed!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
That article^^^Judge…depicts reality as close as anything else I have read.

I agree.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that Jan. 6 riot was "mostly peaceful,' as Carlson claims, then a party with 25 guests where one kills another is also "mostly peaceful" because the other 24 guests didn't kill anyone.

I believe most of the protesters were peaceful. But that's different from saying the protest was mostly peaceful.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
24/25= 96%
How is that not "mostly" barrister?

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
https://reason.com/2023/03/08/...l-chaos-is-he-wrong/

Not quite Wenceslas Square

So what? Should they get a cookie instead of a criminal conviction?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote