Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Republican National Gun Of America - The AR-15 Login/Join 
one of us
posted
The choice of gun massacre killers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQzCPq0KSoQ Part of ledvm's Republican agenda, I guess.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I suppose I've seen plenty just as dumb, but I'm not sure I've seen a dumber proposal.

But hey! nice propaganda piece. Continue to ignore the kid throwing the matches and ban the match sticks. Gun control is certainly the path to defeat and destruction. America has a gross indifference to American life, and this solution is to take a tool out of hateful hands instead of addressing the hands.

But it's all the Republicans fault right Ken?!?!?! They did it, it's Doc Lanes doing, he's guilty! Demonize that guy!

Right Ken? Pious fellers like; yourself are blameless and helpless against the onslaught of Republican skullduggery.

I just can't figure why Americans can't fix this horrifying problem.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect ledvm and I agree on gun control.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It won't get fixed by gun control. The breakdown in society is the problem. MSNBC is just pushing the democrat plan to ban the AR and then go after semiauto pistols. It's easier to load people onto train cars if they are unarmed.

I've owned AR's for about 5 decades and none of mine have ever ran out and assaulted anyone.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Scarboro:
It won't get fixed by gun control. The breakdown in society is the problem. MSNBC is just pushing the democrat plan to ban the AR and then go after semiauto pistols. It's easier to load people onto train cars if they are unarmed.

I've owned AR's for about 5 decades and none of mine have ever ran out and assaulted anyone.

Don’t show one to kennyboi, you’ll send her running for a corner to cower in.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
The choice of gun massacre killers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQzCPq0KSoQ Part of ledvm's Republican agenda, I guess.

We train people to use the weapon every day of the week, and then think they will use something less convenient in civilian life?

That isn't how it went with the WInchester, the Krag-Jorgensen, the Mausers, the M1 Garand, and so forth.
Things just don't work that way, and haven't since long before 1776.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why didn't we have mass shootings back when you could mail order M1 Carbines?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco: Looks like your post did not turn out quite as good as you would have liked rotflmo

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rabbithabit:

We did.

The idea that when 3 or more people are shot it’s a mass shooting is a new one.

There intermittently have been shootings with mass casualties. The fact that we have gotten rid of long term custodial care for the mentally ill and insist that kids who misbehave in school have a right to stay there is what has gotten increased school shootings. Most of these kids dropped out or went to juvenile detention schools in the old days before they felt the need to lash out at their peers.

One can debate the relative merits of the current least restrictive policies we currently use, but that is part of the school violence picture we see today.

As to ending mail order of guns, that had more to do with the Kennedy assassination than anything else.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Crbutler again.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:

We did.

The idea that when 3 or more people are shot it’s a mass shooting is a new one.

There intermittently have been shootings with mass casualties. The fact that we have gotten rid of long term custodial care for the mentally ill and insist that kids who misbehave in school have a right to stay there is what has gotten increased school shootings. Most of these kids dropped out or went to juvenile detention schools in the old days before they felt the need to lash out at their peers.

One can debate the relative merits of the current least restrictive policies we currently use, but that is part of the school violence picture we see today.

As to ending mail order of guns, that had more to do with the Kennedy assassination than anything else.

We also had mafia bombings back then but no school shootings that I know of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did find this but doesn't say what type of rifle.
1965 Highway 101 sniper attack: A 16-year-old stole his father's military rifle and shot at automobiles driving down the highway, killing two and injuring eleven before committing suicide. A third victim died later at the hospital
Do you know of any other mass shooting prior to 1968 where the shooter used a military assault rifle?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your initial statement said nothing about a military assault rifle.

Most reporters don't know guns well enough to accurately report what was used, and really it wasn't germaine. Now, the big reason they identify a weapon is to try and further an agenda, as after all, you're dead regardless of whether you were killed with a muzzleloader or a machine gun.

That being said, I suspect many a shooting in the old days was with old military guns... kennedy's assassination being one. Sporterized military rifles being very common in the post war years.

The M16 wasn't invented until the 1960's, after all. We didn't have any assault rifles before that.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The handgun is still the most used mass murder weapon. Another lie by the Klown.

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
1965 Highway 101 sniper attack: A 16-year-old stole his father's military rifle and shot at automobiles driving down the highway, killing two and injuring eleven before committing suicide. A third victim died later at the hospital
Do you know of any other mass shooting prior to 1968 where the shooter used a military assault rifle?

August 1, 1966

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...Texas_tower_shooting

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Your initial statement said nothing about a military assault rifle.

Most reporters don't know guns well enough to accurately report what was used, and really it wasn't germaine. Now, the big reason they identify a weapon is to try and further an agenda, as after all, you're dead regardless of whether you were killed with a muzzleloader or a machine gun.

That being said, I suspect many a shooting in the old days was with old military guns... kennedy's assassination being one. Sporterized military rifles being very common in the post war years.

The M16 wasn't invented until the 1960's, after all. We didn't have any assault rifles before that.

The M1 Carbine wasn't an assault rifle? It had a bayonet lug, clip fed, some were automatics (M2)and had a pistol grip. Just missing a flash hider.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
quote:

August 1, 1966

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...Texas_tower_shooting

He was army trained too.