THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    When Walmart can’t afford to operate in your environment

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Walmart can’t afford to operate in your environment Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Walmart out on Chicago!

When Walmart can’t even break even in your urban environment…there is a problem. 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. If Walmart is out.....

You're an idiot.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

You're an idiot.

Mike,
You should thank God daily that He made a brain stem to remember to breathe for you.

The point is that Walmart is the best in the world at making money. When an urban environment is so screwed that they can’t make it work…it is horrible place.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

You're an idiot.

Mike,
You should thank God daily that He made a brain stem to remember to breathe for you.

The point is that Walmart is the best in the world at making money. When an urban environment is so screwed that they can’t make it work…it is horrible place.

Lane, you are a brainless idiot who thinks that how much money Walmart makes this year is important.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
genuinely interested. If Its not money, then what is it?

Posts: 4283 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're an idiot.

Mike,

Lane, you are a brainless idiot who thinks that how much money Walmart makes this year is important.

Well then I am one up on you then as you are a brainless idiot who can’t even get the gist of a simple post.

But we have know that for years already. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're an idiot.

Mike,

Well then I am one up on you then as you are a brainless idiot who can’t even get the gist of post.

As usual, you flatter yourself (because nobody else will) about your idiotic posts that nobody but you can get the deeper meaning of. You're whining about Walmart's profit margin. Idiot.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
The article points out they Walmart tends to do poorly in urban areas due to the “bodega-class clientele(no cars, more smaller purchases, etc.).

It’s crazy to think that Walmart is pulling out after a couple of decades. I wonder what the long term impact will be on the mom-and-pop stores that they competed with in these urban zones.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're an idiot.

Mike,

Well then I am one up on you then as you are a brainless idiot who can’t even get the gist of post.

As usual, you flatter yourself (because nobody else will) about your idiotic posts that nobody but you can get the deeper meaning of. You're whining about Walmart's profit margin. Idiot.

Damn you are dumb. 2020

I will dumb it down for you.

Walmart is a damned efficiently run company with major resources. The point is that the societal environment combined with the city’s regulatory climate is so horrible in Chicago that even a company with Walmart’s business acumen and resources still can make a profit. Running Walmart out of Chicago is not a good thing for the poor of Chicago.

Walmart and Costco are rated as the two best retailers the country has ever known.

No Mike…Walmart is making plenty of profit. They are just abandoning a shithole. A shithole created by Democrats.

Maybe just maybe you can now get at least a small grasp.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
MM has proved he is as intelligent as the

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would question how much it is that they can't operate vs. they can operate more profitably in their ring suburban locations.

Yes, Wally world is extremely efficient.

They also play these games rurally... set up a Walmart in a small town, drive all the competition out of business, then shut down that store and tell the customers to go to the store that's "only" 30 minutes away. They are very much a poster child of greedy capitalism.

In this case, they are able to make more money by shutting down stores in a very unfavorable operating area and expect the clientele to go to the stores in the suburbs. It screws the local people who don't have much money... but its largely because these same people voted for such a group of s-birds that put "social justice" above the rule of law and simple economics.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
genuinely interested. If Its not money, then what is it?

Everything IS about money.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

Donations?

Reparations?

Refusing to pay their student fee debts?

Trump in court about his criminal money activities?

Hunter Biden laptop with all the Chink paying him and his father?

Yes.

It IS about money!

Hey MM, would you work for nothing? jumping

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep you are right Saeed. Thats what I think too. You did forget some though. like,

Letting Russian billionaires into your country.

jumping

Posts: 4283 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep you are right Saeed. Thats what I think too. You did forget some though. like,

jumping

Because we make money out of them! clap

America supports their warmongering puppet, because their masters in the military industry make money for them! jumping

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Back to the OP.

Fix the environments and stores stay.

If the environments weren’t hostile they would be open.

BTW: I hate going in Walmart. I gladly pay more to not endure. But many need them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I would question how much it is that they can't operate vs. they can operate more profitably in their ring suburban locations.

Yes, Wally world is extremely efficient.

They also play these games rurally... set up a Walmart in a small town, drive all the competition out of business, then shut down that store and tell the customers to go to the store that's "only" 30 minutes away. They are very much a poster child of greedy capitalism.

In this case, they are able to make more money by shutting down stores in a very unfavorable operating area and expect the clientele to go to the stores in the suburbs. It screws the local people who don't have much money... but its largely because these same people voted for such a group of s-birds that put "social justice" above the rule of law and simple economics.

Absolutely correct! I saw them ruin Auburn Alabama when they came to town over 3 years when I was there. They totally wiped out all retail in a 10,000 person town at the time. This gave me a quite negative opinion of them and I have never shopped there.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back to the OP.

BTW: I hate going in Walmart. I gladly pay more to not endure. But many need them.

Lil Mikey knows this....he like all democrats just won't admit that their idea of liberal utopia is A total disaster.

In other words they are doubling down on dumbassery!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

jumping

Because we make money out of them! clap

America supports their warmongering puppet, because their masters in the military industry make money for them! jumping

So if thats the case then everything is even.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Just wait.
Soon we will have government run exchanges and commissaries to replace the stores that shut down.
Mass scale subsidized retail.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back to the OP.

I doubt Pinedale will ever get a Walmart, I just go to Ridley's when I'm there.
They have the overalls and wide sneakers that are hard to find here.
The Richfield UT ACE Hardware has the overalls but not the sneakers.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking if Mukachevo ever gets Walmart

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote