THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Kimber’s Law Death or Life for Child Murders in danger and KY Republican Leader

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber’s Law Death or Life for Child Murders in danger and KY Republican Leader Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Kimber’s Law makes killing a child 12 and under death penalty or life wo parole eligible.

Right now, intentional homicide of a child Carrie’s a 25-life parole eligible sentence.

The Law is named for Kimber a child I’m my County who was beaten to death. She was legally dead bf she got to the Hospital. Her killer a man named Huff got the max 25-Life.

My Boss prosecuted it before o came back into the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office. My friend has written Kimber’s Law.

For prospective, to kill me and any member of the KY General Assembly qualifies for death or life wo parole.

Children do not get that protection.

We have fought hard to pass this bill.

The House Passed it w only 5 Bay votes.

Sen Committee passed it w only 1 Nay vote.

The R President of the Senate is refusing to call for a vote in the Senate floor. Why? The D Governor is believed to be willing to sign the Bill. President Stivers does not want the D Governor to get the run to signing it.

This is truly a bi-partisan bill.

If you know or can reach Senate President Robert Stivers light him up to call a vote.

This is why, one of many, I do not let folks say R’s saviors of the Republic and D’s evil.

We just arraigned another child killer last month. That makes 2 in 4 years. He does not deny the child died in his care. To quote him, “ Some kids just die.”

I cannot tell you the facts yet. That is not the story.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read that you're having some trouble getting this passed.

I wish I had some juice there but I don't. However I will fire off a polite request to reconsider.

On a personal note, I have a great deal of respect and admiration for you especially in light of the fact you don't believe in the death penalty.

I felt the same for many years, and I can relate with how difficult this legislation may be for you from that aspect.

My stance on the death penalty changed the morning I woke up to find out that a certain p.o.s. who will remain nameless, had dropped the Alfred P. Murrah building on all those children.

Keep up the good fight.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a few of us here from KY.

Defeat from the jaws of victory, but we have 2 weeks left (part time legislature).

Very frustrating. Need to tell those who listen. My Boss testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee today.

I am not pro death penalty. However, we have the statute, and if killing me is worth real life or death as penalty. Killing child must be the same.

Yes, if this passes the current baby killer gets death certified here. Why? It would be the law. The Jury could them pick between real life or death. I would argue death.

KY Death penalty is still in a moratorium by our State Courts.

Without this Bill, No prosecutor in this state can look a mother of a murdered child in the eye and say, “This animal we just found guilty is guaranteed never to leave prison.”

Why? The highest penalty right now is 25-life. That means parole eligible after 25 years.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to say, but I am not particularly in agreement with this.

As far as I am concerned, any 1st degree homicide should carry death or life without parole as a sentence.

I really do not like selectively valuing certain people’s life more.

Same thing with hate crimes… prove the guy has prejudice and it should make easier to convict him… but what more did they lose than any other crime victim?

I don’t begrudge a jury or judge taking in the specifics of a case to up or down grade punishment, as long as it’s fairly done; but a life is a life, otherwise, killing a senior citizen shouldn’t count compared to a 20 year old.

Now, should we be more careful with which cases we choose to apply the death penalty? Absolutely. I think any capital case where there is no concrete noncircumstantial evidence is not appropriate, but picking classes of Justice based on who was killed is morally wrong in my mind.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

As far as I am concerned, any 1st degree homicide should carry death or life without parole as a sentence.

Same thing with hate crimes… prove the guy has prejudice and it should make easier to convict him… but what more did they lose than any other crime victim?

I don’t begrudge a jury or judge taking in the specifics of a case to up or down grade punishment, as long as it’s fairly done; but a life is a life, otherwise, killing a senior citizen shouldn’t count compared to a 20 year old.

Now, should we be more careful with which cases we choose to apply the death penalty? Absolutely. I think any capital case where there is no concrete noncircumstantial evidence is not appropriate, but picking classes of Justice based on who was killed is morally wrong in my mind.

The Fed Supreme Court has ruled death can only be given for extreme factors. That is why states have created these list of what is a Capital Offense.

What you want has been rejected by the Fed. Supreme Court.

Furman v Georgia.
And
Gregg v Georgia.

You have to divorce what you wish or think the law is, from what it is.

You cannot have the death penalty wo these laws. Period and full stop. Unless you want to try to overturn about 50 years of Supreme Court precedent
and engage in judicial activism. I do not.

You are more likely to get a bill ending death and life wo parole through out Legislature.

If the setting Gov was a R. The Senate floor vote would happen tomorrow.

This is all politics by a man wrapped in Guns, Jesus, and anti abortion.

The Fed Courts are not going to let you not the State Courts engage in death penalty or life wo parole as hoc. You have to anchor it to a specific statute that allows it in the specific situation.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

As a career LEO and seeing what I have seen, I also value the death penalty. There are some terrible people and horribly violent crimes committed. I personally will never forget the faces of those who were victims.

These victims need to rate far higher than those who took their lives or demolished their ability for livelihood. If there is no DP then these convicts should be given a terrible remaining life of utter, daily misery.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think any murder should be a death penalty offense. Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1602 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
I would think any murder should be a death penalty offense. Confused

Grizz

Yes. Me too!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have explained why it is not in any state.

Please go read the Supreme Court cases.