Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Give Them An Inch.... Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give Them An Inch

Exactly.

“They say that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right; that black is white and white is black; bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.“

It's a twisted world we live in today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not for nothing, but if you read the text with the actual quote. This churches pastor does not compare the Mass Murder to Jesus Crucified.

The Pastor apologizes trans people being treated like Jesus being abandon by the disciples at crucifixion. Really only Peter did.

Here are the text of the words from the article.

'Instead of focusing on ways this could've been prevented, such as gun control, a significant number of people have turned their attention to the shooter's identity,' the pastor said.

'Instead of focusing on the number one cause of child death in this country is now gunshot wounds.

'Some folks have tried to focus on eradicating trans people as a solution, because they have been waiting, just waiting for an opportunity such as this. They've been waiting for a reason, any reason to stoke their hatred.'

The pastor goes on to slam 'allies' who abandon or 'betray' transgender people likening that to Jesus' disciples who fled when he was arrested.

'Marginalized folks, those of us with the least amount of privilege and power, they need those who have more privilege and power than they do to physically place their bodies between them and the people, powers and institutions that are literally killing them,' Louwagie said in the shocking sermon.

As they continued to speak to the small congregation, the pastor went on to compare the Pharisees' treatment of Jesus to politicians who make laws against drag shows and transgender players in sport – which has become a hot button issue across America.

'Those leaders were looking for any excuse, valid or not, to crucify Jesus and they found that reason,' Louwagie said.

As part of the controversial sermon, Louwagie appeared to also draw comparison between the treatment of trans people in the United States with the Holocaust and Japanese internment camps.

There is no comparison to Jesus to the Murder of children and adults.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Give Them An Inch

Exactly.

“They say that what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right; that black is white and white is black; bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.“

Except the Headline does not say what the Pastor said.

Got to keep all the political power in the “right thinkers” hands.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
You are free to make that argument if you choose.

He did make the comparison.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Her message was very different from what the anti-trans people are trying to portray. I'm not sure she was clear enough for the average person to grasp now that the average is so low. She was saying that this did not happen because she was a transgender person waiting to explode, and that it's a shame that this narrative is being used.

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
But the fact is we don’t know that because we know damn little about the motive.

This pastor also quickly blamed to gun and lack of gun control — another false narrative as to the “cause.”

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
He is as queer as his excuses!

GUN CONTROL!

Anyone who blames an object for the crimes of humanity is just plain STUPID!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

No it was not made. Read the text. The comparison is between political Allie’s abandoning the trans community like Jesus was abandoned,

Now you are just lying.

No where is the comparison of the Murder to Jesus made.

Again, the argument is not guns kill. The argument is easy across to guns allows for these murders to be more possible.

We had a thread on this that it is a distortion of the gun control argument to say their position is guns kill.

You can disagree. I generally do. It is a distortion that does no good to mischaracterize the argument.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Political allies abandoning the Trans community?

I don’t know about that. It sounds more like an advocate (per the article, the pastor is trans) being disappointed that folks “they” thought should support the trans community are not being verbally strenuous in support.

I suppose that the analogy is apt if “they” feel that everyone should be behind trans rights (whatever that means) and indulge in victim blaming in this instance.

Yes, the daily mail is doing its usual clickbait titling of links.

That being said, I find this pastor’s sermon a bit off putting and probably explains why the congregation is a small one in the Dakotas. The Dakotas are a very Lutheran area, and I doubt this kind of ministry is going to attract many congregants from that area.

Your Easter sermon being about political betrayal? Geez. Most Easter sermons (that I have attended anyhow) are about joy and redemption.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Give Them An Inch

Exactly.

Some nut in North Dakota saying stupid shit doesn't signal the end of the world.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

No it was not made. Read the text. The comparison is between political Allie’s abandoning the trans community like Jesus was abandoned,

Now you are just lying.

No where is the comparison of the Murder to Jesus made.

Again, the argument is not guns kill. The argument is easy across to guns allows for these murders to be more possible.

We had a thread on this that it is a distortion of the gun control argument to say their position is guns kill.

You can disagree. I generally do. It is a distortion that does no good to mischaracterize the argument.

I read it. He made the comparison of the justification of the crucifixion of Jesus by the people to the alleged post-incident treatment of this perpetrator…which is basically what the headline says. I will admit he made it in a round about way. But the comparison was made…much like a simile.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
Give Them An Inch

Exactly.

Some nut in North Dakota saying stupid shit doesn't signal the end of the world.

No…but that quote sums up USA majority philosophy these days.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try again. If someone can't figure out whether they are a man or a woman, they are probably too confused to own a gun. Sorry for my not Woke view.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote