Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Images from Israel Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hamas attacked and targeted civilians. That was not collateral damage. Then they kidnapped people and scurried back into Gaza to hide amount their population. A population that willingly hides them.
Hamas Covenant clearly calls for the destruction of Israel and the end of the Jews there.
Hamas cannot hide in their moms basement and claim war crime when Israel blasts moms house to get the Hamas rapist.

It is not illegal to kill civilians in war. It is illegal to specifically target civilians to damage an enemy’s morale. See Russia’s actions in Ukraine for actual illegal killing of civilians.
Hitler would have loved these guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffie,

So nobody wants them. Does that tell you anything?

Posts: 10034 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
I wish the US had a pair like Israel. We have the resources to rid this world of the Cartels on our Southern border. They are as evil as Hamas and have killed and kidnaped more humans.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Jeffie,

So nobody wants them. Does that tell you anything?

It tells me their women and children have shitty neighbors.

I just want Israel to do all they can to minimize civilian casualties, and it looks to me like they are trying.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Purvis:
I wish the US had a pair like Israel. We have the resources to rid this world of the Cartels on our Southern border. They are as evil as Hamas and have killed and kidnaped more humans.

Amen brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I am presently in the home of a French Jew, who spent the entirety of world WWII hiding from the Gestapo. She, and her family fled to Vichy France after Dunkirk and never talked to a human outside of her family (and that of the farm family that harbored them) or left the 23 hectare farm until U.S. troops drove the then occupying Germans from the southern provinces. She is unaware of a single uncle, aunt, their children or a grandparent who survived the camps.

Does she hate all Germans? No.
Does she hate all Palestinians? No.
She doesn’t even hate all Hamas.

Hate isn’t what she does. It’s an abiding desire to survive and prosper in peace, unafraid of those who do hate.

She sees Hamas like a rabid dog. You don’t have hate that particular canine, but the only solution to protect your loved ones is to kill it. And knowing that all unvaccinated dogs in close contact with the rabid one are most probably infected, isolate them (impossible with Hamas, perhaps) or kill them too.

It’s so sad that an 89 year-old lady that’s raised a Nobel Laureate, multiple physicians and two university presidents in her children and grandchildren lives in a world where I can almost understand why she feels so.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egipqa0ZhUk

This is what the Israelis have to deal with. Like Rooster Cogburn said, you don't serve a warrant on a rat. I favor a scorched earth scenario until the problem is eradicated.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
The Hanmass man has obviously been taking lessons from Putin in denying the blatantly obvious.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge G. Your friend has it exactly right. Hating someone hurts the person doing the hating a whole lot more than the hated. And, you don't need to hate something to know it simply has to be killed. No need to waste any energy hating Hamas, they just need to be exterminated.

Posts: 10034 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Problem is, politically we will choke again especially with Biden

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What have the Palestinians done to warrant all of the dislike/hatred towards them?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
What have the Palestinians done to warrant all of the dislike/hatred towards them?

Interesting question, for sure, but are you asking about the Arab world or Zionists or some nominal Christians or some other group.

“Palestinians”, according to the reading I’ve done (and personal experiences), get last tit treatment in the Muslim world except or until a non-Muslim entity opposes their agenda. Kinda like the cousin that you see at Thanksgiving but it’s just fine if he doesn't live in your gated community. Still, you share the same grandmother and if she’s being dishonored, the two of you’ll bow up and fight together to right that common wrong.

Somebody correct me if I’m mistaken, please. I’d be interested in an opinion better formed than mine.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, how about slaughtering 1300 men women, and children?? How about shooting a pregnant women and carving her unborn child out of her uterus, although at this time it’s unknown if the mother was shot before or after the C section? How about beheading infants and children? How about butchering women and old people? Just asking for a friend… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Well, how about slaughtering 1300 men women, and children?? How about shooting a pregnant women and carving her unborn child out of her uterus, although at this time it’s unknown if the mother was shot before or after the C section? How about beheading infants and children? How about butchering women and old people? Just asking for a friend… coffee

Are those somewhat recent atrocious acts or typical since the beginning of time? Are the actions of a few, a reason to hate all of them?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hamas has called for the destruction of Israel as a state since its founding. And the estimates are 300,000 Hamas militants. The actions of a few? Really?? And the actions aren’t somewhat recent only. suicide bombers at Israeli bus stops?? Really? Just asking for a friend….

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While the Palestinians through tacit support of Hamas have (IMO) brought this doom down on themselves, it does not preclude some semblance of sympathy for the plight of these people.

I don’t think anyone wants these folks. They produce a large number of badly behaved violent people, who justify their acts based on what “others” did to them… aka terrorism.

I don’t blame Jordan for not wanting them- put a couple hundred thousand Palestinians in a camp there and next thing you know you have Israeli soldiers attacking in response to rockets and terrorists based in your land… and your guests will hide the terrorists. Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon have enough issues without adding this.

I certainly don’t want more of them here, either.

Until they can hold off their minority’s based behavior, the majority is going to continue to suffer. There are more Israelis than Palestinians, they are much better organized, they have stronger allies, and frankly are better at killing Palestinians than the Palestinians are at killing Israelis.

It’s a losing game for the Palestinian people to keep trying violent jihad.

Is the loss of land and control of their traditional land “fair”? No. But as our parents often had to teach us, what does “Fair” have to do with it?

In my mind, the long term game would be become Israeli citizens and elect your own parliament members and seek fairness in the system, not blow up people and get your families relegated to third class people throughout the world.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hamas has called for the destruction of Israel as a state since its founding. And the estimates are 300,000 Hamas militants. The actions of a few? Really?? And the actions aren’t somewhat recent only. suicide bombers at Israeli bus stops?? Really? Just asking for a friend….

FWIW I'm in no way supporting them. I never paid much attention to that little corner of the world.
It looks like their association with Hamas brings bad ju ju their way so thanks for that information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
Problem is, politically we will choke again especially with Biden

Where is your 1st ounce of proof? Biden is very clear on this issue.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden is very clear

Since when-
has
Biden
been clear
on anything

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are those somewhat recent atrocious acts or typical since the beginning of time? Are the actions of a few, a reason to hate all of them?

A few?

Did you say that on 9/11?

Did you see all the celebrations in Gaza on the news? Spitting on the poor dead German's raped body? Seems the population was pretty happy until the retribution started.

No one hates all of them. Israel has asked the civilians to move away from where the Hamas main structures are. Hamas has blocked the path to safety.

Israel has said the blockade of food and water in North Gaza would end if the hostages are freed. The response, FU.

There are Americans and citizens from all over the world taken as hostages. The world must end Hamas or this will keep on.

I don't think you understand the situation. Or refuse to.

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hard to miss that Hezbollah has been awfully quiet during this mess. I think the ferocity of the Israeli response got their attention in a big way. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A few?

Did you see all the celebrations in Gaza on the news? Spitting on the poor dead German's raped body? Seems the population was pretty happy until the retribution started.

No one hates all of them. Israel has asked the civilians to move away from where the Hamas main structures are. Hamas has blocked the path to safety.

Israel has said the blockade of food and water in North Gaza would end if the hostages are freed. The response, FU.

There are Americans and citizens from all over the world taken as hostages. The world must end Hamas or this will keep on.

I understand the situation. I was just curious about all of the dislike for the common Paletinians. I'm good with things now tho. It looks like the dislike/hatred is well earned.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
Biden is very clear

Since when-
has
Biden
been clear
on anything

Open your partisan ears.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com...israel-full-support/

"And as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his top aides contemplated their options earlier this week, Biden told them that if the United States faced such an attack, his own response would be “swift, decisive and overwhelming.”

With the Israeli government signaling that it is readying a ground invasion into the Gaza Strip, Biden’s vocal support for Israel — and his commitment to provide U.S. military assistance — has been striking to political actors on both sides of the aisle. He has won plaudits from pro-Israel Democrats and Republicans, even as some in his party have begun to voice concerns about the scale of collateral damage as Israel responds to the deadliest terrorist attack on its soil."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A few?

Well written.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A few?

I don't think most of us understand the situation.

I've never been a Jew or pretended to be one. I've always been a Gentile and Christian not to mention American so I've never ever thought about defending my culture or people, my religion or land.

Most or all of us here, ( yes globally,) take for granted our liberties, independence, safety and security as well as individualized religion and faith.

I don't have a clue what it's like to be an Israeli whose life is consumed by the struggle to retain a beachhead, a wall, a home, culture, village and nation.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hard to miss that Hezbollah has been awfully quiet during this mess. I think the ferocity of the Israeli response got their attention in a big way. tu2

That Carrier Strike Group and other assets, including A-10s, that "Slow Joe" moved within range likely got their attention, with another Strike Group incoming.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A few?

I've never been a Jew or pretended to be one. I've always been a Gentile and Christian not to mention American so I've never ever thought about defending my culture or people, my religion or land.

Most or all of us here, ( yes globally,) take for granted our liberties, independence, safety and security as well as individualized religion and faith.

I don't have a clue what it's like to be an Israeli whose life is consumed by the struggle to retain a beachhead, a wall, a home, culture, village and nation.

You would need a library devoted to nothing else to begin to understand that "situation", and then you'd still come up short. Palestinians could have had a State backed by the U.N. but their Arab neighbors told them to reject it and they would quickly wipe Israel off the map. Palestinians tried to take over Jordan once, leading the Jordanian Army to shell refugee camps and expel a bunch of Palestinians to Lebanon, where they were later involved in that decades-long civil war.

Most Arabs look at them like house guests who come for dinner and just don't leave. Egypt won't allow them across the border for that very reason. Meanwhile, most Palestinians in Gaza are too young to have voted in the last election held there, when Hamas got power and decided no more elections were necessary.

Might be where this current crop of Republicans got the idea.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Israel should be wary of how they respond. Most abhor the massacre that took place and world opinion is on israel’s side. With prudence that opinion should hold up. However, if we are bombarded with videos of the slaughter of women and children in Gaza, things could change fast.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Israel should be wary of how they respond. Most abhor the massacre that took place and world opinion is on israel’s side. With prudence that opinion should hold up. However, if we are bombarded with videos of the slaughter of women and children in Gaza, things could change fast.

Exactly what Hamas counts on. They know the West’s weakness and have exploited it many times.

The truth is that civilians WILL be killed. In this type of war…it is reality. If you can’t accept that premise…Hamas wins. That is their strategy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not that civilians will be killed. It is the his civilians will be killed.

Hamas is imbedded in the population and uses them as shields. So, yeah, civilians (non Hamas) are going to get killed. That is because of Hamas.

If Israel starts summery executions of everyone, that is on Israel, and will not be tolerated. I do not think Israeli will do that.

What you call weakness is not.

There is no fault in Israel’s actual response.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
It is not that civilians will be killed. It is the his civilians will be killed.

Hamas is imbedded in the population and uses them as shields. So, yeah, civilians (non Hamas) are going to get killed. That is because of Hamas.

If Israel starts summery executions of everyone, that is on Israel, and will not be tolerated. I do not think Israeli will do that.

What you call weakness is not.

Wrong as usual. It IS our weakness.

There is no fault in Israel’s actual response.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:

I meet weekly with men who were soldiers, sailors or Marines of valor and honor and fought next to others in fighting holes, aircraft, or ship board, loving and fighting as if those next to them were brothers.

50 years later, we still tote the freight of losing way too many.

I guess the Israelis have something akin to our loses, but this war can go way past that. Jews can lose their whole identity as a people.

Damn!

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

I meet weekly with men who were soldiers, sailors or Marines of valor and honor and fought next to others in fighting holes, aircraft, or ship board, loving and fighting as if those next to them were brothers.

50 years later, we still tote the freight of losing way too many.

I guess the Israelis have something akin to our loses, but this war can go way past that. Jews can lose their whole identity as a people.

Damn!

I think America is full of heroes. Old ones, young ones, Americans currently being heroic and some decades in retirement.

I think the difference is most of us serve and sacrifice for a term. The term might be a few split seconds, maybe an entire career. This morning most of us around the globe and reading this walked out our front door without a care. Off to breakfast or work we go, take the garbage out because Tuesday is trash in Dillingham, yes I had a great big bear in my yard early Sunday morning but who cares?!?!

Like DRG said, we don't understand.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:

Israel has always been single minded in their response to attacks on their citizens. Even back in 1972 after the Munich mess Israel hunted down and killed those responsible one by one. Good on em!

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote