THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Supreme Court Rules Biden Can Remove Abbott's Border Barriers

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supreme Court Rules Biden Can Remove Abbott's Border Barriers Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
You know, that old "The Federal government is in charge of borders" thing...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was fast. Faster than I even expected.

I would caution, that decision merely removes an injunction put in place by the 5th Circuit.

The controlling matter is still pending before the 5th Circuit. The dispositive issue remains unresolved.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/0...azor-wire/index.html

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

They vacated the Stay from the 5th Circuit, Barrett and Roberts joined the sane Justices.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be interesting to see if Abbott instructs the Texas National Guard and the DPS to stand down and allow the BP access.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

They vacated the Stay from the 5th Circuit, Barrett and Roberts joined the sane Justices.

Thank you.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Be interesting to see if Abbott instructs the Texas National Guard and the DPS to stand down and allow the BP access.

If I lived at the White House if they interfered I'd roll out my old unit.

The First Cav is just up the road...

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not sure I understand. You would roll the 1st into Texas?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3400 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

They are already in Texas, I'd send them to remove the illegal barriers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea, get that. So you would roll the military against TNG and DPS to enforce open borders?

Interesting if you really think about what you’re advocating. You’d defend the illegals right to cross, undeterred with lethal force, against your brothers.

Don’t obfuscate this. You either are or you aren’t

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3400 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yea, get that. So you would roll the military against TNG and DPS to enforce open borders?

Interesting if you really think about what you’re advocating. You’d defend the illegals right to cross, undeterred with lethal force, against your brothers.

I would use the military to defend the Constitution.

There IS no "open border" and I don't know anyone who advocates for one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Constitution was never intended to be a suicide pact.

We are a broken Republic.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi3YLC-aVOQ

No open borders… riiight.

I live down here. You are clueless how bad this is

https://www.jackkurtzphotograp...age/I0000npFpvVXbGLo

I know it's not bad enough for Republicans to give the President the resources he's asked for to deal with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know it's not bad enough for Republicans to give the President the resources he's asked for to deal with it.

You continue to revert to partisan politics.
The border bill the President asked for does nothing about the flow of illegal immigrants. The agents are there to aid in processing the immigrants AFTER they’ve crossed.

I’ll bet you’ve never been out enjoying the Tennessee outdoors and ran into a bunch of migrants led by a smuggler, or having to move because the restaurants around your home no longer speak English. Or cars driven by migrants whom aren’t required to follow the same laws to carry auto insurance that I do.

The smash into your car, they are questioned by the responding officer and are let go. the officer just looks at me and says, I have no other recourse sir, I’m sorry.

You will though.it’s just time.

To add, the bill allows 5,000 a day. That means unlimited.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For Biden to request funding to fix a border that he broke is disingenuous. While not perfect, the flow was 60-75% less than today, find supporting data in link.

You need to stop, my guy vs your guy and come to realize it is YOUR country and MY country that is being invaded by god knows who. Again, find supporting data in link.

At this point I don’t care who gets blamed or who takes the credit, we are being overrun.

Over 300,000 in December alone.

https://www.pewresearch.org/sh...-border-in-7-charts/

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, there is caselaw that says, “ We thrive together or fail together.” This is in Dormant Commerce Clause decisions. Then we have a Supreme Court case that declares secession unconstitutional.

It is not the destruction of the Republic to prevent a state for taking for itself authority we, through the Constitution, granted to the General Government.

A state cannot be permitted to defy the Constitution.

I have no issue w the President changing course on the border by asking for what if he were a GOP president you would be congratulating him over.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, there is caselaw that says, “ We thrive together or fail together.” This is in Dormant Commerce Clause decisions. Then we have a Supreme Court case that declares secession unconstitutional.

It is not the destruction of the Republic to prevent a state for taking for itself authority we, through the Constitution, granted to the General Government.

I have no issue w the President changing course on the border by asking for what if he were a GOP president you would be congratulating him over.

Doesn’t the Executive Branch have responsibility to our borders ultimately?

And if he is derelict to those responsibilities, what then?

Are we as Americans to simply allow 10-15 million to cross? How about if it were 30 million?

You still want to essentially obfuscate the border into a regulatory administrative battle?

You live where, I’m not sure. I live at ground zero, so does Lane. It is affecting absolutely every aspect of my life.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You continue to revert to partisan politics.
The border bill the President asked for does nothing about the flow of illegal immigrants. The agents are there to aid in processing the immigrants AFTER they’ve crossed.

I’ll bet you’ve never been out enjoying the Tennessee outdoors and ran into a bunch of migrants led by a smuggler, or having to move because the restaurants around your home no longer speak English. Or cars driven by migrants whom aren’t required to follow the same laws to carry auto insurance that I do.

The smash into your car, they are questioned by the responding officer and are let go. the officer just looks at me and says, I have no other recourse sir, I’m sorry.

You will though.it’s just time.

To add, the bill allows 5,000 a day. That means unlimited.

Yes, "processing" their claims for asylum, which the Law grants them. The additional Asylum Officers and Immigration Judges would speed up determining which claims are legitimate and deporting the rest.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Those claims that aren’t legitimate could be bussed to CA. Then they could get a drivers license, free healthcare, and a host of other CA largesse. rotflmo pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are we as Americans to simply allow 10-15 million to cross? How about if it were 30 million?

You still want to essentially obfuscate the border into a regulatory administrative battle?

You live where, I’m not sure. I live at ground zero, so does Lane. It is affecting absolutely every aspect of my life.

Frankly, it does not matter where you live. What matters is what power has been given by the Constitution to the Federal Government to the exclusion of the states. Texas is no more a state to Maine. Nothing is gained by allowing a state to defy the Federal Government when the Constitution has granted authority exclusively to the the Fed Government.

Of you do not like how a President is running the border your options are:
A) Pass a Fed Law;
B) Vote for someone else;
Or
C) Impeach him.

If you do not have the votes to do either, then government is working legitimately through the Constitution.

I will say it again for you and everyone else, the Federal Government cannot permit a state to defy the Constitution.

You may not like the discretion the Federal Chief Magistrate is exercising. That is fair. See the 3 above options. If you can’t win any of those that does not equate to a broken Republic. We get what we vote for. It is legitimate so long as the Constitution is followed.

Hence, a few of us say here bad policy from the point of view of some is not unconstitutional. It takes more then just, “ I do not like it.”

Impeachment is a political process.
See ( Walter) Nixon v United States and the impeachment of President Johnson. President Johnson was impeached and saved from conviction in the Senate by 1 vote. His fault, the application of pardon and clemency power granted to him by the Constitution to ex confederates. Thus, I conclude Congress could impeach a president for using his delegated, constitutional discretion. I would never vote to do it.

Guess what, you do not have the votes. Votes to help the situation through legislation are being denied by the GOP right. That is Pure fact.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Open border shows exactly how absolutely idiotic Democrats thinking is

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Whether you like it or not.

The Federal government IS in charge of the borsers!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67003 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'm glad there's the Canadian border between America and me.

Anyway, I think it's good Abbot brings attention to the border with his theatrics which I think is the point.
The gargantuan jackass's that purport to be "sanctuary cities" need those bus loads of wetbacks. If The United States won't secure the border at Texas it makes sense for Abbott to illuminate.

This stupidity gets brushed aside with catch phrases like "migrants" and "asylum". Our border is open and God forbid more evil uses it to attack us.

Close the border! Good God. Let all the good ones thru, stop the Cartels, MS13 and the Taliban dirty bombs.

New England and Oregon need to be woken up to the reality.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...XWA?ocid=socialshare

GOP's ultimate PSYOP: Terrifying immigration propaganda while blocking immigration reform

Donald Trump and House Republicans have declared that there is an immigration “crisis," but are refusing to consider realistic reforms, or a compromise with Democrats.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's affecting every aspect of your life?

Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is such an out of control, cannot be solved threat, then the border states should be able to convince enough states to bring a Constitutional Convention to amend the Constitution allowing the border states to regulate migration.

See why a handful of patch work states cannot set border, migration policy? It is a Federal Issue.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Texas GOP whackos want the state to ignore the SCOTUS ruling.

Truly, where does the crazy end? Dangerous stuff.

https://www.houstonchronicle.c...e-court-18623608.php

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would it not be legitimate for a state to establish a state border, on state land, a mile inside the national border? Could that state not then disallow free movement of unpapered migrants? I'm just asking. Instead of immigrating through Texas, for instance, they could choose to go through California, which will open their arms and homes to them. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The problem is that much of that land is privately owned ranch land.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
Would it not be legitimate for a state to establish a state border, on state land, a mile inside the national border? Could that state not then disallow free movement of unpapered migrants? I'm just asking. Instead of immigrating through Texas, for instance, they could choose to go through California, which will open their arms and homes to them. Regards, Bill.

As I understand it, the USC&BP by authority of the Federal Government, is in charge of not only the physical border between countries, but also the area 100 air miles from the border referred to as the "100-mile zone"

Posts: 2956 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote