Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia Disqualification Hearing Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
The power of the State and Federal government unbridled by constitutional protections, is a much bigger threat than Trump, Biden, Willis, or the FBI so constrained.

I’m not writing in a vacuum. I have been a public defender, a prosecutor, a private criminal defense attorney, lawyer, and a Judge. I’ve seen prosecutorial power abused by the self-righteous, political hacks, religious zealot prosecutors, those with financial agendas, and half-whit judges, who care more about their own political gain than justice.

The constitution does matter. We can vote against Trump. Thank God for America for those who wish to exercise that right.

Bottom line.

Vote.

None of us are going to change anybody's mind, we're just expressing opinions.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We can also present the evidence of his alleged crimes to a jury of American Citizens, then another, then another, then another.

That's clearly what he and supporters don't want.

Why?

That's the question, and the answer is obvious.

Yes, vote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...RHM?ocid=socialshare

When Trump says the quiet parts out loud… believe him

We do not have to guess what America will look like if Donald Trump is reelected. All we have to do is look to what Trump has already done, has tried to do, or has openly promised to do with a second term as the leader of this nation.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's simply amazing to me that the liberal contingent is either too naive or is part of the conspiracy, to acknowledge that all of the prosecutions against Trump are politically motivated. Which should never be a proper motivation for a prosecution.

I agree with Judge G. The prosecution has screwed the pooch. They tried to poison the well so the defendants could never get a fair trial and given the fact that there was no basis to the prosecution in the first place, the entire case should be dismissed. At a minimum, all the prosecutors should be disqualified and censured by the state bar.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried a case about six or seven years ago and the plaintiff was a lawyer who had sued my client. It was a bench trial. During my cross, the judge cut me off and said he'd heard enough. The judge took it upon himself to file a grievance with the state bar against the lawyer involved. The grievance had particular weight coming from a judge, especially given his findings of fact. That took courage on the part of the judge, but he did it and that's what should happen here.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
It's simply amazing to me that the liberal contingent is either too naive or is part of the conspiracy, to acknowledge that all of the prosecutions against Trump are politically motivated. Which should never be a proper motivation for a prosecution.

I agree with Judge G. The prosecution has screwed the pooch. They tried to poison the well so the defendants could never get a fair trial and given the fact that there was no basis to the prosecution in the first place, the entire case should be dismissed. At a minimum, all the prosecutors should be disqualified and censured by the state bar.

There is certainly a basis for these prosecution. The multiple civil verdicts have shown President Trump to be a fraud and sexual assaulter.

The only politics is the attempt by President Trump to remain in power so constitutional authority.

This does not change the merits of these case which justice requires be heard by a jury.

President Trump was brought before the state, federal, civil, and criminal courts by his own conduct.

The fact that this DA failed her responsibility to not comment on the case as she did, and protect the appearance of integrity by appointing her ex-/current/whatever he is does not change that.

That being President Trump was brought before the state, federal, civil, and criminal courts by his own conduct.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

given the fact that there was no basis to the prosecution in the first place, the entire case should be dismissed.

It is amazing to me that anyone, especially an apparently intelligent person who's also a lawyer could say something like that, stated as factual, and believe it.

There is a regular poster herein who offered a quote from his attorney, something like this: "I wouldn't know the truth if it snuck up and bit me, but I do know what admissible evidence is." In your case, IMO, you don't know either.

Of course, prosecutions that are exclusively politically motivated shouldn't happen. GOPers advocate such prosecutions and investigations all the time. "Lock her up" presumed no prosecution at all - straight to jail. All the Benghazi investigations were pure political. Biden impeachment push of course is political, and they can't find enough evidence to proceed, but they harp.

The January 6 committee investigations were political, by necessity. The GOPer stonewalling of it was political, and necessary only if stonewalling is the goal, rather than the truth.

It's ridiculous to think that Trump's indictments, per due process, have no political aspects. After all, the crimes he is alleged to have committed were all in the political arena and politically motivated.

Failing to prosecute because of the political aspects would be a gross violation of the principles of the rule of law. Politicians get prosecuted for crimes often. What makes Trump different?

I have avoided linking this type of video because I figured it was edited so tightly as to be absurd. But now I think it's representative of the true believers:

https://youtu.be/LVx8gCAF3D8?si=6p9ECctBmdWjiHUa

https://youtu.be/cpfHCSRIRf4?si=HoGiuza8T286wEbA

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're on Pluto if you think there is no substance to the charges against trump or that it is some sort of conspiracy. What's really amazing is that you'll scoff at those charges while whole-heartedly embracing the nonsensical Ukraine bribery allegations involving President Biden.

Stop watching so much FOX News, you'll be more accurately informed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I have a good command of the rules of evidence. If ya'll want politically based prosecutions, hang on. I'm done debating the issue.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
It's a sad day for the judicial system of any country when politics dictate the outcome, or the fear of politics influence the judiciary.

You should be talking!

Your country is at the forefront of stupid politics getting in the way of normal life!

Why is Teflon Tony behind bars??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm pretty sure I have a good command of the rules of evidence. If ya'll want politically based prosecutions, hang on. I'm done debating the issue.

David,
It is truly amazing isn’t it.

Of course these are political prosecutions.

The case in NYC over the real-estate/finnancial statement…especially so. I have listened to 3 podcasts now from CEOs of major private equity firms (who are also attorneys) breakdown how that ruling puts every business investor in NYC in jeopardy and why they are pulling out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
The power of the State and Federal government unbridled by constitutional protections, is a much bigger threat than Trump, Biden, Willis, or the FBI so constrained.

I’m not writing in a vacuum. I have been a public defender, a prosecutor, a private criminal defense attorney, lawyer, and a Judge. I’ve seen prosecutorial power abused by the self-righteous, political hacks, religious zealot prosecutors, those with financial agendas, and half-whit judges, who care more about their own political gain than justice.

The constitution does matter. We can vote against Trump. Thank God for America for those who wish to exercise that right.

Leftists do not like power to the people, the prefer power to the state.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

David,

The case in NYC over the real-estate/finnancial statement…especially so. I have listened to 3 podcasts now from CEOs of major private equity firms (who are also attorneys) breakdown how that ruling puts every business investor in NYC in jeopardy and why they are pulling out of there.

I am pretty sure the man has lost every jury trial he has had, and one his lawyer allowed to proceed so a jury.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

David,

Right. Every real estate mogul should be allowed to claim a building is worth one thing when pledging it as collateral and another thing when paying taxes. Every CEO who spends his time doing podcasts is in agreement. rotflmo

Laughable.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . maybe Lane will share links to the Podcasts so we can all listen to them and hear what was actually said . . . when he finishes up his testifying expert witness CV.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The last one I listened to was by Kevin O’Leary…you can find them if you look. For me they just come up in my business podcast subscription.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry they will simply attack the messenger.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Let me ask you an honest question. If your house was totally destroyed in a fire, would you agree to your insurance company only paying you the tax appraisal value? I didn't think so. Have you ever challenged your tax appraisal?

The rules of evidence allow a property owner to offer his or her opinion of the value of their property regardless of their lack of qualifications. Trump's disclosures had all sorts of disclaimers to his lenders. They were advised that they should use their own judgment and they willingly loaned the money. More importantly, the lenders are not complaining. And, there are no defaulted loans, and no victims.

This is a witch hunt plain and simple. Do you want to drown him or burn him at the stake. Why don't you just say it?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Do you lie about your house being 3X the amount of square footage that it actually is when you pledge it as collateral? He’s a con man and a charlatan. You want to buy into his bullshit be my guest but don’t expect me to respect your decision to do so. Have you read the order yet? Of course not.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't care what some Democrat judge in NYC says.

Still trying to find a victim. Help me there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You also do not care what 2 juries have found.

Victim is the State of NY and the banks do defrauded.

Question, have you read the Judge’s opinion and order? If you have not read it, your opinion is, at best, uneducated.

If you have read it, tell me specifically where the judge has created reversible error and why.

Refrain from using conclusionary statements disguised as analysis.

It is President Trump’s fault he was summary judgment on liability what 2x, and 1x bc no one asked for a jury.

You will care when the S. Ct., rejects President Trump’s theory of presidential immunity, and the documents case is tried.

You did not answer Mjines. Instead you pivot.

You know one cannot lie about the value of your heir collateral to induce contractual action.

Paying more for insurance which is what you do when you buy a policy is not the same as using that asset, completely lying about that asset to obtain more cash.

At some point, if I lie about the value of my asset so insured, destroy it, yeah fraud.

President Trump was not going against the tax assessed value of his properties. He actively engaged in misleading what the property was.

He never had a property used as collateral. Those valuations were that drastically false. He being Trump Organization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Refrain from using conclusionary statements disguised as analysis.

That advise is a gem, broadscale herein.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There certainly is some political element to the NY charges.

How often do courts prosecute business loan assessments for fraud when the loans are not in default?

How often do they give fines (or whatever they called them…) of that size in a non defaulting situation?

I get he violated the law, and that the law should be followed… but their zeal to get Trump for anything has overruled common sense.

Trump did what he did, and it was wrong.

He’s a crappy candidate for president.

But NY state has exposed what is considered classically corruption by using prosecution for political purposes as shown by the extent of damages.

Again, what would have the difference in interest been if the values of the properties were accurately reported?

That’s the actual damages here.

And having dealt with getting loans in the past, what interest rate they charge is very nebulous. Why the bank decides .25 over prime vs 1 over prime is an internal decision that usually never gets explained, even to a loan officer.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
There certainly is some political element to the NY charges.

How often do courts prosecute business loan assessments for fraud when the loans are not in default?

How often do they give fines (or whatever they called them…) of that size in a non defaulting situation?

I get he violated the law, and that the law should be followed… but their zeal to get Trump for anything has overruled common sense.

Trump did what he did, and it was wrong.

He’s a crappy candidate for president.

But NY state has exposed what is considered classically corruption by using prosecution for political purposes as shown by the extent of damages.

Again, what would have the difference in interest been if the values of the properties were accurately reported?

That’s the actual damages here.

And having dealt with getting loans in the past, what interest rate they charge is very nebulous. Why the bank decides .25 over prime vs 1 over prime is an internal decision that usually never gets explained, even to a loan officer.

Read the judgement.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really don't care what some Democrat judge in NYC says.

Still trying to find a victim. Help me there.

quote:
James sued Trump, his business associates—including his sons—and the Trump Organization for alleged fraud under New York Executive Law 63(12), which empowers the attorney general to go to court against anyone who “engage[s] in repeated fraudulent or illegal acts or otherwise demonstrate[s] persistent fraud or illegality in the carrying on, conducting or transaction of business.”

The statute allows the attorney general to ask a state judge to stop the business from continuing its activities and fraudulent acts, force the defendants to pay damages or other restitution and, if necessary, order business certificates to be canceled.

The statute doesn't require a victim, and Trump chose to do business in New York where the Law is on the books.

The same Law that was used to sue Trump University. Remember that fraud?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote