Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off topic, but has anybody heard from Saeed? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Really serious weather event in Dubai right now, I hope he and his family are safe.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
Really serious weather event in Dubai right now, I hope he and his family are safe.

The rain there was unprecedented.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to say Saeed is safe. I presume his family is also.
I'm sure he will comment further if he has anything to add. The deluge has caused problems for many in Dubai.

Actually, I now see this post from a couple of days ago:
https://forums.accuratereloadi...611078772#8611078772

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2018 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are all fine, thank you for asking.

Lots of damage caused by 18 months worth of rain coming down in 24 hours.

Some areas are water logged, but we are moving about, sometimes have to make detours.

Our house is on high ground, so we have not been affected at all.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We are all fine, thank you for asking.

Lots of damage caused by 18 months worth of rain coming down in 24 hours.

Some areas are water logged, but we are moving about, sometimes have to make detours.

Our house is on high ground, so we have not been affected at all.

Great to know.
I was assuming the best, and was thinking id ask you to post pictures of the beneficial aftermath if there is one and you don't mind. Flowers or other greenery possibly?

It seems the monsoons in other parts leave benefits, im hoping you also are so lucky.

Posts: 9095 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice to know you are safe.

Posts: 19371 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/0...ds-what-we-know.html

Dubai’s Extraordinary Flooding: Here’s What to Know
Images of a saturated desert metropolis startled the world, prompting talk of cloud seeding, climate change and designing cities for intensified weather.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19681 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coming from a country where water is always reminding us who is boss, I hope everyone is ok and realise how much worse it will be for a nation not used to such events.

Posts: 4241 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7f4568ec199d82&ei=18

Sweeping floods are threatening towns and cities from the Pacific Ocean to the Middle East.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19681 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here.

Weather changes have been going on non stop for millions of years.

Only idiots think they can stop it!

Greenies and commies! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Nothing new here.

Weather changes have been going on non stop for millions of years.

Only idiots think they can stop it!

Greenies and commies! clap

The question is what kind of idiots think they can influence "weather" despite other factors, man-made or natural?

And what part of Denial causes refusal to take a look at infrastructure to mitigate flood?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ab_Emirates#Flooding

https://www.theatlantic.com/sc...oengineering/678114/

Playing God With the Atmosphere
Interfering with Earth’s climate systems is becoming more possible—and less predictable—than ever.

CLIMATE
United Arab Emirates is using cloud seeding tech to make it rain
PUBLISHED MON, MAR 18 2024

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/1...to-make-it-rain.html

In the 1990s, the UAE introduced a rain enhancement methodology called cloud seeding.
Cloud seeding is the process of increasing the amount of rain produced from the clouds above, which is designed to improve water shortage issues in arid regions around the emirate.
By the early 2000s, Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the vice president of the UAE, allocated up to $20 million for research into cloud seeding.
The UAE partnered with the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Colorado and NASA to set up the methodology for the cloud seeding program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...-water-emirates.html

Cloud Wars: Mideast Rivalries Rise Along a New Front
As climate change makes the region hotter and drier, the U.A.E. is leading the effort to squeeze more rain out of the clouds, and other countries are rushing to keep up.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deserts flash flood, who woulda thunk it?

Kind of like in most years we have flooding here when the ice goes out and the snow melts. With all the flood mitigation we have done, it still occasionally floods houses and roads.

This is the first year in along time we haven’t had them- due undoubtedly to a very light year for snow.

Posts: 10605 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
When the world started, it was covered in ice one mile thick!

I for one is sure glad of global warming!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rain is generally considered a good thing - not too much, not too little.

Warming is generally considered a good thing - not too much, not too little.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im actually quite pleased that UAE is exploring cloud seeding. There is so much potential for all of us in turning many areas of desert green.

Posts: 4241 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Im actually quite pleased that UAE is exploring cloud seeding. There is so much potential for all of us in turning many areas of desert green.

Learned quite alot about this and at this pojnt its wrung above rain maker technology.