Find
Notify
Tools

trump compares himself to Nelson Mandela Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The man is certifiably insane.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...odern-204752129.html

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15093 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
You only just realised that Smiler

Seriously, there is a chunk of his support base who really would think this way. They will make any excuse for whatever he does, anything at all, and they will find some way to justify it.

Posts: 7183 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They will make any excuse for whatever he does, anything at all, and they will find some way to justify it.

That’s true, and a really weird syndrome. Look at that goof who started the Scientologists, or Charles Manson, or Jim Jones or any number of cult freaks who gather large numbers of followers. They BELIEVE, and once locked on, logic and reason just bounce off of them. They’d do their leaders dirty work without question, just as Trumps insurrectionists did. Rile them up, step back, and watch them go.

Trump, like Hitler and Mussolini before him - and Putin and Kim currently - has achieved that level of incredibly dangerous and malicious mind control. He literally could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and they’d still vote for him.

I think there’s an evolutionary imbalance happening at this point in history; our ability to destroy both others and ourselves and our intrinsic selfishness has surpassed our ability to reason why.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The REAL CERTIFIABLE idiots are the ones who worship him! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As TW stated above it is a cult mindset. Once locked into the cult leader then all logic or common sense goes away. Anything the leader says or does is the truth and has to be followed. If you look at past history of cults the followers even continue in the face of the death of the leader. It takes year and years to break a cult and in the case of big cults it may never completely go away. just look at the number of people who still believe and follow the doctrine of Hitler today. How anyone can do that I do not know but they do. The same thing is going to happen with Trump followers, they will continue no matter what happens.

Posts: 502 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I get it but I continue to be mystified by how a ridiculous laughable boob like trump, with his comb-over, his orange pancake fake tan make-up and his utter inability to tell the truth about anything, could become the object of cult worship.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This cult-like aspect of Trumpism has broad implications and consequences.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...27f0844feed30&ei=155

Why it matters that Trump keeps comparing himself to Nelson Mandela
Story by Steve Benen • 12h • 2 min read

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...jz6?ocid=socialshare

Trump stated that it would be a "great honor" for him to be imprisoned for violating a gag order.

Trump expressed willingness to go to jail for violating a gag order

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...I5m?ocid=socialshare

Andrew Weissmann: If Trump is so innocent, why is he doing everything to avoid clearing his name?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ogS?ocid=socialshare

Donald Trump just compared himself to Nelson Mandela, after comparisons of himself to Jesus, Alexei Navalny and Abraham Lincoln. He did so while again attacking Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the Stormy Daniels hush money election interference trial that is set to start next week

================================================

The thing is that Trump is getting the media coverage he desires:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...27f0844feed30&ei=172

How do you report on wanna-be-tyrant Trump? Media under scrutiny for downplaying risks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...27f0844feed30&ei=152

"His enemies are America’s enemies": Trump is getting help preparing his revenge list

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...a4195ab464dd5f&ei=11

More Blood on Trump's Hands

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19738 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Yeah, I get it but I continue to by mystified how a ridiculous laughable boob like trump, with his comb-over, his orange pancake fake tan make-up and his utter inability to tell the truth about anything, could become the object of cult worship.

It is not President Trump the person. It is President Trump the mouthpiece.

The cult exists before President Trump. President Trump just became the demagogue mouthpiece. Hence, we get statements like, “President Trump is God’s called tool.”

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump apparently missed the memo that his base are a bunch of racists… comparing himself to a black man who was an avowed communist…

Of course, the left misses that part, and his followers cult-like forgive him of his “transgressions”…

All it proves is Trump (like Biden) will say anything he thinks will gain him a vote.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All it proves is Trump (like Biden) will say anything he thinks will gain him a vote.

Darn it Doc. Old habits - compulsions are difficult to break. Wink

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19738 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I think of Trump more like Moses. Standing up for his oppressed people, less and less straw to make bricks with all the time,....

Trump guides his people away from harm at the Angel of Deaths hand, (Biden,),....

And yes! In November Trump will hold his hands high in the air with Giuliani and The Pillow Guys support, he'll part the partisan sea and his People will be led out of slavery!

I can see it all, really I can.

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I think of Trump more like Moses. Standing up for his oppressed people, less and less straw to make bricks with all the time,....

Trump guides his people away from harm at the Angel of Deaths hand, (Biden,),....

And yes! In November Trump will hold his hands high in the air with Giuliani and The Pillow Guys support, he'll part the partisan sea and his People will be led out of slavery!

Yea, now that you describe the vision, I can see it too. Wink

Hallelujah

to praise joyously
In the Hebrew Bible, it is a compound word, from hallelu, meaning “to praise joyously,” and yah, a shortened form of the unspoken name of God. So this “hallelujah” is an active imperative, an instruction to the listener or congregation to sing tribute to the Lord.

https://youtu.be/YrLk4vdY28Q?si=OAoi0RdiRGSC3NgK

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah (Live In London)

https://youtu.be/Y0HCUvUzkdE?si=sX5D52W_FmMRHR1B

Even Forrest Trump sings Hallelujah!

https://youtu.be/BG-_ZDrypec?si=bt6rDRWSfPpYGvuE

Election Week Cold Open - SNL
3M views 7 years ago
Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) performs Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

Scott, you are an inspiration, really.

As you say, you don't watch videos. But here's one from youtube that makes me think of you.

https://youtu.be/rn4HKvv-444?si=ps_KlTjdH8qSFuCS

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

XXX

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:

Seriously, there is a chunk of his support base who really would think this way. They will make any excuse for whatever he does, anything at all, and they will find some way to justify it.

They are called VOTERS.

Also known as IDIOTS.

ALWAYS following the party line! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Trump apparently missed the memo that his base are a bunch of racists… comparing himself to a black man who was an avowed communist…

Of course, the left misses that part, and his followers cult-like forgive him of his “transgressions”…

Do you really think trump or his base know jack-shit about Nelson Mandela's politics? Please.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Being compared to Mandela is a step down for the orange Jesus….. animal

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by nute:

They are called VOTERS.

Also known as IDIOTS.

ALWAYS following the party line! clap

Better than being a sheep.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Too far back for me to remember, what was Nelson Mandela's position on "necklacing"?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Too far back for me to remember, what was Nelson Mandela's position on "necklacing"?

I could be wrong but i think that was more what Winnie was into.