New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump back on CO ballot Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
Wonder if the pricks read the tea leaves?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
What does this mean?

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was never off. From the original Ruling:

quote:
But we stay our ruling until January 4, 2024 (the day before the Secretary’s deadline to certify the content of the presidential primary ballot). If review is sought in the Supreme Court before the stay expires, it shall remain in place, and the Secretary will continue to be required to include President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot until the receipt of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court.

The Colorado Republican Party filed an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, so the stay remains in effect until they dispose of the case.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

quote:
But we stay our ruling until January 4, 2024 (the day before the Secretary’s deadline to certify the content of the presidential primary ballot). If review is sought in the Supreme Court before the stay expires, it shall remain in place, and the Secretary will continue to be required to include President Trump’s name on the 2024 presidential primary ballot until the receipt of any order or mandate from the Supreme Court.

The Colorado Republican Party filed an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, so the stay remains in effect until they dispose of the case.

Wow you forgot to mention all that in one of the other threads a few days ago.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

quote:

Wow you forgot to mention all that in one of the other threads a few days ago.

That's a lie. Go to that thread and see: posted 20 December 2023 08:35

This was always going to be settled at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For now, he is off the Ballot in Maine.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
For now, he is off the Ballot in Maine.

That, too, is stayed pending Supreme Court action.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
An American thing!

Everyone is suing everyone!

And only the vermin of society benefit!

LAWYERS! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yay! Go lawyers!

Just think, if there weren't any lawyers, nobody would know what's legal.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Ultimately all this political theater has as its goal I think to get to the SC. That is the gamble of the Left. But if it backfires on them then what? This is merely a rallying cry to get people around DJT and it is working.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . merely a rallying cry to get people around DJT . . .

. . . perhaps, for racists, sheeple, cretins and imbeciles. You appear to check every box. Congrats.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Oh, the stings from your barbs are too much. Please stop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ultimately all this political theater has as its goal I think to get to the SC. That is the gamble of the Left. But if it backfires on them then what? This is merely a rallying cry to get people around DJT and it is working.

If it gets to the S.Ct., it was not theater. This is how we resolve constitutional questions. We litigate them.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

All of America is not you. This will not turn trump haters into trump lovers.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While certainly not “all” you (collectively) are dismissing the apparent strengthening of Trump’s numbers every time the left pulls one of these legal oversteps.

Frankly, a literal reading seems to indicate that you can put a known insurrectionist ex confederate on the ballot, and if he wins, congress gets to vote on whether or not he can take office.

Americans have long had a streak of rooting for an underdog. While I don’t see Trump that way, the liberal machinations to stop him are apparently having the opposite effect of convincing more folks that he’s a bad choice. Heck, look here… the best you hear (from the right) re Trump is a statement that all Dems are awful, and that those folks will support who ever is the GOP nominee.

Contrast that to the left- some say Biden is just better than Trump, but the most vocal deny that Biden has any issues.

That shows the left is very polarized just like the right.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:

All of America is not you. This will not turn trump haters into trump lovers.

Try to bear that in mind when the day comes your side takes one step too many ok?

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If it gets to the S.Ct., it was not theater. This is how we resolve constitutional questions. We litigate them.

If you had an ounce of honesty in you on this matter you would recognize lawfare counsellor. Just imagine if it was the opposite right now. You and your merry band would be screaming from the rooftops.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden didn’t try to overthrow our government.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A minor technicality...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you had an ounce of honesty in you on this matter you would recognize lawfare counsellor. Just imagine if it was the opposite right now. You and your merry band would be screaming from the rooftops.

I am in concurrence w you it is not theatre. I wrote in dissent that it is theatre. I believe the matter is novel, will not succeed. However, this is how we settle these disputes. We go to court. That is not theatre. I would say the same thing regardless of party it was happening to.

I do believe Bluefish is correct as it is not popular in the populace. That is a minor consideration. The controlling issue is how does the Insurrection Clause apply to President Trump’s actions. That is a legitimate constitutional question for the Courts and ultimately the S. Ct.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
And you would respect the decision if SCOTUS says the 14A doesn’t apply?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a word yes. For what it is worth, I think the Insurrection Clause does not apply to President Trump’s Jan 6 actions. They were close, but not there.

Bad facts make worse law. I see this as being a situation where President Trump will make hey at the S. Ct. Time will tell soon enough.

Even if I do not like or agree w the result, short of abusing precedent or taking positions they were against in confirmation, I believe the S. Ct., has the authority to end this discussion or debate.

We can discuss if this majority maintains the legitimacy to do so. Those are two different concepts. Albeit of equal importance.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Well we agree on something

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And none has litigated that President Trump did.

But Slo Joe is for sure disregarding his responsibility to protect our borders.....maybe we should kick him of the ballot?

Democrats do this nutty shit then really go bugs hit when its turned around on them.....

Nuclear option anyone?

Biden rule on judicial nominations??

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the Colorado Court did so litigate.

Borders are an entirely a Fed issue. The Congress through their dual roles could impeachment for such dereliction.

Or Congress can pass some legislation.

Ever Supreme Court decision to date as told the states they cannot enforce or create border/migrant policy.