THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    House tells Trump to fuck off...passes aid package for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House tells Trump to fuck off...passes aid package for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of 300shooter
posted
it's nice to see the US fight Putin despite what Trump wants. I hear Margery Traitor Greene wanted a space laser amendment for Israel.

Posts: 686 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/8i63VZw216k?si=SQc2LNRK455sjHSJ

In extraordinary move, 165 Democrats help Johnson overcome hardline opposition

https://youtu.be/ZwtpoLZFK7g?si=wuKKKWKMfaUo-aaZ

Will Democrats rescue Johnson's speakership to protect aid for Ukraine and Israel?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19739 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...9153653d839712&ei=10

Marjorie Taylor Greene Introduces Amendment to Ukraine Supplemental Bill
Story by Joseph Ellis • 1d • 1 min read

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene introduced an amendment to a supplemental funding bill for Ukraine that would require members of Congress who vote in favor to enlist in the Ukrainian military.

“Any Member of Congress who votes in favor of this Act shall be required to conscript in the Ukrainian military,” the amendment reads.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19739 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why does it not surprise me that she doesn’t know the difference between conscription and enlistment, and how to use those terms appropriately. I honestly cannot comprehend how a woman that ignorant and obviously beholden to a foreign adversary can be elected to national office.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . because her voting constituents are dumber than her.

Mike

Posts: 21221 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
Why does it not surprise me that she doesn’t know the difference between conscription and enlistment, and how to use those terms appropriately. I honestly cannot comprehend how a woman that ignorant and obviously beholden to a foreign adversary can be elected to national office.

Republican voters.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, you guys, don't insult her voters. There are people here who would vote for her, if they had the chance.

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Hey, you guys, don't insult her voters. There are people here who would vote for her, if they had the chance.

wave

Right here Dude!
Big Grin

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Excellent news.

No surprise that Russia has said this will be bad for Ukraine. That right there should tell us it’s the right thing to do.

Posts: 7185 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God Bless America.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Lindsey Graham is on Fox News claiming it only passed because of Trump.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
My respect for Speaker Mike Johnson went up considerably. I read that he came to appreciate the gravity of the situation once he started to receive intelligence reports. It takes a lot of character to put principle above position and power. I am happy he chose the former despite the considerable pressure the loonies put on him. I have no doubt that he would pay the price but I hope that he spends the rest of his life with the pride of having done the right thing when it mattered.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
My respect for Speaker Mike Johnson went up considerably. I read that he came to appreciate the gravity of the situation once he started to receive intelligence reports. It takes a lot of character to put principle above position and power. I am happy he chose the former despite the considerable pressure the loonies put on him. I have no doubt that he would pay the price but I hope that he spends the rest of his life with the pride of having done the right thing when it mattered.

I'm betting he bought himself protection from a Vacate motion, at least once. Democrats actually respect doing the right thing even if it did come after months of unnecessary death and destruction in Ukraine.

Anything that defangs the Putin Caucus is a good thing.

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

I'm betting he bought himself protection from a Vacate motion, at least once.

I am sure of that he did and I am glad that he did. Imagine his replacement should the loonies manage to get him ousted.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am sure of that he did and I am glad that he did. Imagine his replacement should the loonies manage to get him ousted.

Probably Hakeem Jeffries, a couple of Republicans have reportedly threatened to resign if the Chair is Vacated, giving Democrats a majority.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Probably Hakeem Jeffries, a couple of Republicans have reportedly threatened to resign if the Chair is Vacated, giving Democrats a majority.

Republicans might be dumb enough to let Jeffries take control. Wonder what Mccarthy is up to?