Find
Notify
Tools

Just a normal summer-ignore the 100 degree ocean Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Ignore how hot the ocean is.

https://apple.news/AXnd-VXYZTTqszdfaZbz9jQ

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Still surprises and confuses me that North American outdoor sportsman don't unify behind clean rivers, lakes and air, healthy forests and farms, green trees, lush wetlands and clear blue oceans.
How did we fall so far astray from Aldo Leopold?

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Still surprises and confuses me that North American outdoor sportsman don't unify behind clean rivers, lakes and air, healthy forests and farms, green trees, lush wetlands and clear blue oceans.
How did we fall so far astray from Aldo Leopold?

The "ecology" movement was co-opted by the political left, people who were gun-control fanatics.
The reaction was predictable, a gain for oilmen and a loss for sportsmen.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Humans can bloody do anything they wish.

Climate is NOT going to be controlled!

Has been going on for millions of years!

Keep at it!

THE SKY IS FALLING!

It won’t! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Ignore how hot the ocean is.

https://apple.news/AXnd-VXYZTTqszdfaZbz9jQ

Based on past threads, I am guessing that this is being seen as a sign of global warming.

My phone won’t open the article, so I looked at other news stories regarding this record ocean temperature. None of them got into the specifics of what would cause one spot to have such a spike in temperature.

Does the article that you referenced make any mention of the mechanism with which global warming has such acute effect on temperatures in specific areas?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Humans can bloody do anything they wish.

Climate is NOT going to be controlled!

Has been going on for millions of years!

Keep at it!

THE SKY IS FALLING!

It won’t! clap

But we can do what we can.

It really doesn't matter if it works does it? We are just single ants in the ant farm. Why not pickup the litter, dispose of the waste oil appropriately, stop burning tires?

Why not plant trees along the river bank and flood a duck pond?

We outdoor sportsmen should leave ditches dirty for pheasants, shelter belts for deer, and clear cut a couple mountain sides for elk.

Flood a few dozen rice fields for geese.

The nuttier among us are now paying herders to graze public lands rather than grazers paying to graze public lands.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The earth started life covered in 1 mile thick ice!

I am so so glad we have global warming!

I hate the cold!

Greta, HOW DARE YOU forget this! clap

Oh sorry, she a blonde Bimbo! jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you not notice the warming trend the article identifies?

Even your article notes this is “alarming” and “excessive.” The article at the end implies heat has caused this rise in oven temperature. I do not see this article as supporting your position at all.

I just got done reading a piece in SCI. The PHD SCI uses to justify polar bear hunting states that ice has already disappeared to 2050 projections.

You apparently did not read the coral die off from “bleaching” article as well.

Keep ignoring the trend of 100 degree oceans. A trend your article identifies and states is excessive.

I just watched Jim Shockey state he knows believes in Climate Change.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Knows and believes…hmmm
And I believe earth is doing what it’s doing and I keep plugging away and ignoring alarmists

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you not notice the warming trend the article identifies?

Even your article notes this is “alarming” and “excessive.” The article at the end implies heat has caused this rise in oven temperature. I do not see this article as supporting your position at all.

I just got done reading a piece in SCI. The PHD SCI uses to justify polar bear hunting states that ice has already disappeared to 2050 projections.

You apparently did not read the coral die off from “bleaching” article as well.

Keep ignoring the trend of 100 degree oceans. A trend your article identifies and states is excessive.

I just watched Jim Shockey state he knows believes in Climate Change.

Show me 1 million or better 10 million year data and then we’ll talk. The very idea people can alter the climate to their whim is hubris exemplified. Has human activity added to greenhouse gases in the atmosphere? Likely so. Will the climate continue to change this way and that whether we are here or not? You betcha. Much ado about nothing as usual. Tell me,if climate change and rising sea levels are of such concern why did your man Obama lay out 12M for a shack on Martha’s Vineyard and why did he install a 2500 gallon propane tank? For that matter why should I be lectured by John Kerry whose jet puts out more carbon in one trip to Davos than my truck does in a year?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ignore your own source.

Keep it up. Given humans have not been industrialized 300 odd years, I do not see how such data would be relevant to whether modern, carbon emissions and other industrialized energy consumption is having an affect now in Climate.

Even SCI’s on expert acknowledged ice loss has been escalated from predictions used to upmost polar bear. Her argument was that polar bears have been more resilient to this change, and experienced population growth. I have read peer reviewed articles that polar bear have shifted diet and may have list size due to loss of ice and the hunting the ice provides.

People buy expensive, beach acres property. I bet he has flood insurance.

I did not agree with President Obama much in policy, and did not vote for him. President Obama is a better person and better President than President Trump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is the 100 degree water at a harbor in FL.

We are putting out more CO2.

However, if these science types are in agreement that CO2 is the cause, why do we persist in trying to answer this with pie in the sky nonsense like windmills and solar?

While you might be able to power a house with them, it requires substantial surface area per amount of energy created.

Carbon credits and such don’t reduce greenhouse gases… they redistribute wealth.

I’d buy in that the left and the science lobby find this a problem if they were actually proposing solutions to the problem… and the only solution on a scale capable of giving the amounts of energy needed is nuclear.

Sure, solar can give a limited amount… at a cost of land use, and probably has its own ecological impact.

Wind, that’s even worse- it’s intermittent as well as being space and resource intensive.

Look at all the nonfunctional windmills. As soon as government money stopped, they get turned off and sit there.

I’m not convinced CO2 is the real source of the problem.

I’m not entirely convinced that climate change is a big deal- I think it’s probably a red herring.

But I do think that humanity is having a very real and problematic impact ecologically.

Why are the Chicoms building coal plants? Ditto India and Africa? We will be a minority player in CO2 even without reducing emissions in the US.

The rape of the oceans worries me a lot more than CO2, and while temp changes are noted, is that causing coral/plant problems or is the coral and algae issue causing the warming?

In any case, I’ve yet to hear an actual functional way of dealing with CO2 emissions in any of the blather politically.

Logic says if they are not proposing an actual solution, they can’t be too convinced of the causality of the problem.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plant more corn, Doc.
The US plants about 90 million acres a year.
An acre of corn sequesters 8 ton of carbon. The 720 million tons sequestered by corn is more than the Congo basin rain forest sequesters in a year. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are the Chicoms building coal plants

They have a short term need. They are planning on a total reversal around 2025 and are going for coal free by 2050. But I think you already knew that. It just doesn't fit your narrative.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you doing to help the environment if you believe in global warming? Did you move to an apartment close to a Walmart, sell your truck, boat and rv? Turn your thermostat up to 82 or more? Lots of small things you can do instead of waiting for the government to make you do it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wymple, I will not be alive in 2050 but I will make a bet with you that they will not even be close to getting off coal by 2050. I will have my decendants pay yours.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Wymple, I will not be alive in 2050 but I will make a bet with you that they will not even be close to getting off coal by 2050. I will have my decendants pay yours.

It is claimed that at least 10% of China's population has respiratory problems. Guarantee they will make the effort. And the plants they are building now are cleaner replacements for the old stuff they have been shuttering. You might note that the new plants mission is to back up green energy they are investing heavily in. They are not meant to be the main energy supply at all. They are considered temporary.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Part of the admitted problem.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/...r-into-stratosphere/

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1595 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
100 degrees in winter.

https://apple.news/AA3fyYrvhRt20gS3S2whikA

And much of the American West had record snow. Your point?

Please tell us you do not think humans can control the climate?
Please tell us you do not think the Chicoms can be believed?
Please tell us you don't drive an EV?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much of the SW is hitting hottest temps recorded, and South America averages are 58 degrees sitting near continent wide with summer heat. That is my point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I stated many times, I can't offer an informed opinion about global warming other than following the science.

But, I question the accuracy of this reporting about a water temperature of 100 degrees. How can water be warmer than the ambient air temperature of the vast majority of the areas surrounding the water? Makes no sense.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the situation- shallow water with direct sun exposure? Maybe.

Does it prove a point on AGW?

It’s an abstract data point without any correlation as quoted.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
As I stated many times, I can't offer an informed opinion about global warming other than following the science.

But, I question the accuracy of this reporting about a water temperature of 100 degrees. How can water be warmer than the ambient air temperature of the vast majority of the areas surrounding the water? Makes no sense.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is the absorption of UV waves.

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/conten...l/2015/pp/c4pp90035a

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KABt79goDfTAA2vx8

“A Letter To The Future

OK is the first Icelandic glacier to loose its status as a glacier.

In the next 200 years all of our glaciers are expected to follow the same path.

This monument is to acknowledge that we know what is happening and what needs to be done.

Only you know if we did it.

August 2019.

415ppm CO2.”

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My understanding is the absorption of UV waves.

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/conten...l/2015/pp/c4pp90035a

Yeah, water is good at absorbing radiation.

Some designs for interplanetary spacecraft incorporate water tanks in the hull, surrounding the crew's living area to reduce radiation exposure.

Posts: 6133 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote