Notify
Tools

Russia unraveling Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://www.theguardian.com/wo...sts-estimate-ukraine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/r...ce-u-k-says-91086284

The first article discusses Russia loosing half it's tanks, and the second article says the entire Russian army is deployed to Ukraine and of course are currently being destroyed.

It's sure be interesting to know what this means for the future.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nukem Danno

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1170 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At this point, Putin knows he’s made a huge mistake invading Ukraine. In the global context, he’s already lost more than he stands to gain.

I’m sure his ego will never allow him to accept defeat and simply withdraw, and I’m equally sure Ukraine will never bow to him; to do so would be the end of their nation and their culture, and they’d suffer constant persecution forevermore. They will fight to the last man; surrender would be worse.

I only see three possible futures in the next six months. Either (1) Putin throws all cautions to the wind and accelerates without limit as in Hitlers “total war” concept, or (2) someone does the world a favour and helps him become a Russian martyr.

The third and most dangerous outcome would be direct intervention by NATO forces on Russian territory. That would almost certainly result in nuclear deployment, and I think that’s all that’s holding the world back at this post.

At the same time, Putin cannot be allowed to take Ukraine. If he does, he will see that as an absence of resistance to take the rest of the region and by extension, control the economies of Europe and Asia through energy and minerals.

I don’t think the world has been in a more precarious position since WWII. Even the Cuban missile crisis wasn’t as dicey as what we’re seeing right now.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, interesing to se Mitch mcconnell say that the most important thing i the world right now is ensuring russia doesn't win in Ukraine.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Things are not going well, indeed.

Within the last 10 days, Russia's Interior Minister, as well as a top civilian in the Ministry of Defense have committed "suicide" under similar "suspicious" circumstances. It seems that leaping out of high rise buildings is the chief cause of death among Russian government officials these days. At last count, almost 20 have died in the same way.

Oh, yea. Two more generals were killed in combat by Ukraine forces in the last two weeks. Pitty.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
At this point, Putin knows he’s made a huge mistake invading Ukraine. In the global context, he’s already lost more than he stands to gain.

I’m sure his ego will never allow him to accept defeat and simply withdraw, and I’m equally sure Ukraine will never bow to him; to do so would be the end of their nation and their culture, and they’d suffer constant persecution forevermore. They will fight to the last man; surrender would be worse.

I only see three possible futures in the next six months. Either (1) Putin throws all cautions to the wind and accelerates without limit as in Hitlers “total war” concept, or (2) someone does the world a favour and helps him become a Russian martyr.

The third and most dangerous outcome would be direct intervention by NATO forces on Russian territory. That would almost certainly result in nuclear deployment, and I think that’s all that’s holding the world back at this post.

At the same time, Putin cannot be allowed to take Ukraine. If he does, he will see that as an absence of resistance to take the rest of the region and by extension, control the economies of Europe and Asia through energy and minerals.

I don’t think the world has been in a more precarious position since WWII. Even the Cuban missile crisis wasn’t as dicey as what we’re seeing right now.

I agree. It the way I see it also.

Posts: 499 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
quote:

I agree, and at some level of armament transfer the Russians might see our support of the Ukrainians as being direct intervention.

They always used to say we were only a few minutes to doomsday on the Armageddon clock… what are we now?

I do think Putin is unstable, and with the central control of the military, these purges make mutually assured destruction a bit less a deterrent to Russia.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they ain't lying to him most of the time about how things went?

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russia is three times the size of Ukraine. If the internal political support doesn't give out, that matters in a war of attrition.

It's a game of reverse return on investment: what can you destroy that costs more than the resources needed to destroy it?

An air force general was reputed to have said that an atomic bomb was the least expensive way to destroy a square mile (once the development costs are finished).

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Russia is three times the size of Ukraine. If the internal political support doesn't give out, that matters in a war of attrition.

It's a game of reverse return on investment: what can you destroy that costs more than the resources needed to destroy it?

An air force general was reputed to have said that an atomic bomb was the least expensive way to destroy a square mile (once the development costs are finished).

Maybe I'd disagree since Russia is quite a bit smaller than Ukraine with the entire western world supporting Ukraine.

My impression is that a war of attrition for Russia would be devastating. Russia produces nothing other than natural resources, their limited manufacturing is demonstrably junk. Given that Russia has destroyed a good bit of what did work when you hit the start button, what really can Russia hurry off an assembly line that'd even meet their usual low bar?

Should go without saying I'm dead last in the experts line.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Posts: 41774 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

Maybe I'd disagree since Russia is quite a bit smaller than Ukraine with the entire western world supporting Ukraine.

My impression is that a war of attrition for Russia would be devastating. Russia produces nothing other than natural resources, their limited manufacturing is demonstrably junk. Given that Russia has destroyed a good bit of what did work when you hit the start button, what really can Russia hurry off an assembly line that'd even meet their usual low bar?

The sad part is, that they have the two things they have always had. plenty of warm bodies, and a disregard for their own people.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

The sad part is, that they have the two things they have always had. plenty of warm bodies, and a disregard for their own people.

But the uniforms issued don't fit nor keep them warm. The guns are well known to be sheetmetal junk. The pilots duct tape Cabela's GPS to the dashboard of their planes, the tanks are blown up.

Again, of the 5150 contestants surveyed I ranked dead last in "expert", but it seems to me that throwing semi hypothermic bodies against the wall of NATO/ Western Earth #1st century Military Industrial Complex seems disastrous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree with you. Its just sad is all.
A fucken waste of humanity.
But I think they will keep throwing those half frozen bodies at that wall until there are none left, and so the only way to win for Ukraine will be hoping they kill as many of them as they can and as quickly as they can.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Yes I agree with you. Its just sad is all.
A fucken waste of humanity.
But I think they will keep throwing those half frozen bodies at that wall until there are none left, and so the only way to win for Ukraine will be hoping they kill as many of them as they can and as quickly as they can.

Every country that invades and destroys other countries commits crimes against humanity!

Russia deserves whatever it gets.

Sad part everyone kept quiet while America has been doing it for donkey's year!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66951 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:

Me too.

+1 more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote