THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Why aren't we talking about this statists media quote?

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why aren't we talking about this statists media quote? Login/Join 
Picture of jeffeosso
posted
quote:
"But there is a cost to us, as a news organization," Maddow said, "of knowingly broadcasting untrue things. That is a fundamental truth of our business and who we are. And so, his remarks, tonight, will not air here live. We will monitor them and let you know about any news that he makes. "

Pravda at it's finest - for those too ignorant uninformed to know what Pravda is/was - It's Russia's state media - that announces Russia's "victories" in Ukraine

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Date of that quoted language? I’d like to view the whole clip.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Date of that quoted language? I’d like to view the whole clip.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ory-speech-not-spite

Posts: 323 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maddow thinking that she is a "news organization" is laughable.

I will say that the constant reporting showing trump lying about fraud in the 2020 election plays right into his game plan. But, the obligation of the media is to point out the lies, not ignore them....the problem is that the trumptards are in a cult and reporting on a cult just helps the cult. But, again...Maddow is opinion, not news.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Wednesday, the 17th

From her own mouth -
https://twitter.com/TexasLinds...224189309376/video/1

She goes on to say that, as a news agency
quote:
But there is a cost to us, as a news organization," Maddow said, "of knowingly broadcasting untrue things. That is a fundamental truth of our business and who we are. And so, his remarks, tonight, will not air here live. We will monitor them and let you know about any news that he makes.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
"why?"

Because I don't remotely care about Maddie, MSNBC or any of their other talking heads.

I know I've said it before, but I don't watch video news programs or stations/ networks. I prefer to retain final authority over what I have to take in and I find it much easier to do that with print. I can skip adds, I can skip poor grammar, I can skip opinion and innuendo.

When it comes to poor public speakers like "W" and Trump, I'd just as soon not hear their voice at all. Reading the text of their speech and comments seems adequate to me. (Although to his credit I thought "W"'s eulogy for his father was heart warming to the point of me being misty eyed.)

There were and still are plenty of other sources to take in every breath of everything Trump utters, MSNBC is well known for being very liberal and against Trump, who cares? No, Trump wasn't censored in any way.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
"But there is a cost to us, as a news organization," Maddow said, "of knowingly broadcasting untrue things. That is a fundamental truth of our business and who we are. And so, his remarks, tonight, will not air here live. We will monitor them and let you know about any news that he makes. "

Pravda at it's finest - for those too ignorant uninformed to know what Pravda is/was - It's Russia's state media - that announces Russia's "victories" in Ukraine

Not looking in the mirror are you?

What happened to all the "victories" of the West so far? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
she said that before he even started talking.

it basically translates to.
we ain't gonna like what he says so we will just say he is lying before he says anything and move along.

hopefully followed by
now to increase our ratings we will show nothing but commercials for the next half hour.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Trump may not be a stable genius, but he sure has a gift to play the media, either as an enabler like Fox, or gain traction off the opposition - free publicity to sway his base.

Ignore him at peril, give him air-time at peril.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It happens to be this way because he well known as the world's #1 serial liar. He does not deserve an unfiltered platform for his blatant lies.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I owned a news station, I wouldn't feel any obligation to report every alternate reality someone comes up with.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It befuddles logic and reason.

It seems to me that reporting/publishing a person's alt-reality, such as Trump's serial lies, would result in mass rejection or even outrage on like a 9 to 1 ratio scale, at least.

But nooooo. That's not what happens. Instead, he gets what he wants, publicity, red meat for his fascist fodder. He gets to play the victim persecuted narratives, and push BIG LIES.

It's odd. It has happened before - history. It is exactly how fascism gains traction.

Serial lies, big lies, alt-reality, threats on deemed enemies, violence advocacy, dehumanization, promises of domination politically and literally, the chosen one narrative, etc. are the Founder's bad dream. They saw the possibility and did their best. Obviously, the country is more vulnerable than we could heretofore imagine to destruction from the inside.

And most of the GOPers in congress and SCOTUS are on-board and explicitly multiplying it.

We should have seen this coming. Now that it's clearly here, the least we can do is recognize it for what it is, and hope that reality turns the tide.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
"We choose Truth over Facts"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15RjcRJ3Z70

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Biden shouldn't wing it. He should wear a teleprompter in his sunglasses. Big Grin

But then - could he read it fast enough?

Imagine a situation where both Biden and Trump were rolled out in separate hospital beds onto the national televised debate floor.

Both are comatose.

The only sign/message of the debate, placed between the beds, says "We know what their intentions were. Vote accordingly."

dancing

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I always remember a quote by my late attorney friend Clyde Siebman: “Truth??? I wouldn’t know truth if it walked up and shook my hand. But, I do know what admissible evidence is.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3d65db8dafc72&ei=158

Trump's live appearances pose a riddle that news executives still haven't solved
Story by By DAVID BAUDER, AP Media Writer • 3h

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The difference between News and Fox News. Fox News expects you to lie, any real news organization will limit the lies that go out under their imprimatur.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.pbs.org/video/vote-2024-1703022633/

How the media is covering Trump's anti-democratic rhetoric
PBS Clip: 12/19/2023 | 10m 55s

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
The difference between News and Fox News. Fox News expects you to lie, any real news organization will limit the lies that go out under their imprimatur.

Like this video from Fox:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ik1?ocid=socialshare

Donald Trump: This is a new form of cheating

Former President Trump calls out the prosecution against him ahead of the 2024 presidential election.

Trump mentions Hoffman:

https://youtu.be/NooiVt89n_s?si=2tuOGoVuIIWe5pst

Hoffman on why he funded E. Jean Carroll’s Trump lawsuit

“I think the speaking truth to power and having a woman have her voice having a chance to be heard and not squashed through the legal courts because she didn't have the money to pursue it, I thought was a good thing for society, not just for [E. Jean Carroll.]"

===========================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4e223e3a72788f&ei=16

Trump ramps up the threats of violence — and as usual, the media looks away
Story by Chauncey DeVega • 3h

XXX