Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just an average summer Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Gulf Stream is only 3 miles off the off the coast of Florida. The water temp is always warmer there because the depth of the water is shallow.

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Huvirus, you nut, this isn’t an individual thing that can be controlled. It’s global. The two countries that can start are the US and China.

I hate your question was a poor attempt at either humor or sarcasm. If not, well….

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Guys, for those of you worried about the impending doom of the climate please employ your local farmer and eat more ice cream. It helps them and their nice cattle and will make YOU smile. Yum!

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Huvirus, you nut, this isn’t an individual thing that can be controlled. It’s global. The two countries that can start are the US and China.

I hate your question was a poor attempt at either humor or sarcasm. If not, well….

Of course it's sarcasm.
Also, an effort to point out the obvious hypocrisy of you lot.

"...this isn’t an individual thing that can be controlled. It’s global."

So, you believe it's futile to do anything as an individual?
You desire governments to get heavy handed and demand compliance from their subjects?
You're the one that sounds like a nut.

Reminds me of the Leftist elite crying about the impending doom of rising sea levels yet continue to buy oceanfront properties.
In my opinion, it's proof that they really don't believe it or just don't think it's their problem, like you.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:

Of course it's sarcasm.
Also, an effort to point out the obvious hypocrisy of you lot.

"...this isn’t an individual thing that can be controlled. It’s global."

So, you believe it's futile to do anything as an individual?
You desire governments to get heavy handed and demand compliance from their subjects?
You're the one that sounds like a nut.

Reminds me of the Leftist elite crying about the impending doom of rising sea levels yet continue to buy oceanfront properties.
In my opinion, it's proof that they really don't believe it or just don't think it's their problem, like you.

They guys who buy the waterfront figure they'll be gone before it happens, just like politicians who know they'll be comfortably retired before the problems they didn't solve become unbearable.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Huviris, I don’t know anything about politicians buying waterfront property.

What I know is that you are a climate denier and a damn fool for being such. It could get to 175 degrees and you would still be denying.

This is a global problem. It’s of such a magnitude that the only way to effectively deal with it is massive government involvement. Sure, one can do things, but other than symbolism, it’s meaningless.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isnt that what Obo did, bought a waterfront house after leaving DC?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check out 0bama's sprawling Martha's Vineyard mansion sometime. Waterfront!

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
The question to Heym, Schroeder, Wymple, MJines and the two Mikes is, are YOU changing any aspect of your life to combat AGW or are you just here to lecture?
I bet you all are cancelling your hunting trips and vacations, right?

I sold my private jet.

107 ambient here in Dallas today.

106 tomorrow.

106 on Thursday.

Cooler than average summer, my ass.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
have kept my aircraft-

changed a tire in the field yesterday @107 temp

just summer in Texas ,

work has continued to get done on our Texas properties since the 1830's irrespective of the temp

the whining may now resume

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Persian Gulf International Airport in southern Iran had a heat index of 152 yesterday.

Now, that's hot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What I know is that you are a climate denier and a damn fool for being such. It could get to 175 degrees and you would still be denying.

This is a global problem. It’s of such a magnitude that the only way to effectively deal with it is massive government involvement. Sure, one can do things, but other than symbolism, it’s meaningless.

The only way to deal with it is to deal with the consequences, because nothing a government might do is going to make a goddam bit of difference. Why not? Because, they won't do anything which might interfer with their seat on the gravy train. They propose make-believe solutions to make-believe causation. Out of one side of their mouths, they call for reduction of greenhouse gases and reduced carbon footprint while, from the other side, they advocate for increased immigration to increase population, because that is the only way to grow the economy.
I am certain that mankind has had, and continues to have, a detrimental effect on the ecology of the planet. I am just as certain that nothing any group of humans does will have any significant positive effect, globally. Especially when solution put forward by so many consist of such things as carbon taxes, carbon credits, and related bullshit.
Having said this, it has been shown that we can improve things locally; at least to a certain extent. The Hudson river would be a prime example. Still, we continue with practices that we KNOW are detrimental locally and globally, and it isn't just Republicans who are responsible. Democrats are every bit as good at saying one thing and doing another. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3522 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have stacked square bales of hay close to the metal roof in the haybarn every year. The hay itself puts off heat,some 15-20 ft high, along with the air temp and the steel roof when you get close to full. I took a thermometer up with me one time.
The thermometer went to 120, it went past that to peg out at the top. It's no wonder I sweat a river while throwing 60 pound bales up there!
At 152 degrees, you would need one of those camelback water packs to suck on constantly while working.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

If individuals’ actions are meaningless in reversing climate change, then why would you be upset that some individuals choose to deny climate science?

One would think that the majority of our leaders are well informed on climate science, and know better than to listen to the climate denier kooks. So how do the kooks have any real influence in government’s response to climate change?

Which begs the question, why aren’t we getting the “massive government involvement” that would halt climate change?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moving into KY.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Idaho we have had a mild spring and summer with no fires to speak of. This is one of the nicer years this century. Good snowpack and a mild summer should really help the game here.

I guess global warming skipped us this year.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
have kept my aircraft-

I sold mine - not because of climate change, but because some yankee wanted it WAY more then my threshold number --

but, dang it, I can't get the wife to approve a da62.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
da62

that is a sweet little bird

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
it's on the bucket list!!

but, for just good ole "stick and rudder" flying I like the Cherokee Warrior -- a joy to fly

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
https://www.extremeweatherwatc...-days-of-100-degrees

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
A little clarity on the hot water claim by Heym:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dri...WY8eFw5vugHe-WRhmK-L

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also clarity; the water temps in the region of Alaska where I used to live are increasing. The fish species are changing in response.

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19668 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just checked the NOAA chart that DuggaBoye posted. July 2023 in Dallas was the 49th hottest July since 1897, 18 days of at least 100 in Dallas

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
it's 107 in Irving, in what little shade there is

brother, that's hot

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Just checked the NOAA chart that DuggaBoye posted. July 2023 in Dallas was the 49th hottest July since 1897, 18 days of at least 100 in Dallas

makes it about average currently
(18 +/- days being the average)

it will probably end up around 40 days more or less

that - will then be above the average

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Interesting that a thread almost exactly like this one ran through here exactly a year ago.

https://forums.accuratereloadi...681064172#6681064172

In that thread, the notion that the major oceanic volcanic eruption on Jan. 15, 2022 could lead to a few years of warming was rejected but now looks to be exactly what is happening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, how hot it is in Texas in the summer isn't an indication of global warming. In my uninformed opinion.

108 ambient here in Dallas right now. Maybe 112-113 what it feels like with humidity. Your skin literally starts to sting in direct sunlight.

But, I've lived here in Texas my whole life and it's always been that way. It's not something new.

The more interesting question is why the hell we all live here. I was at the beach in South Carolina this morning before returning to hell and it was 74. High of 83 yesterday. Just perfect.

I'll never leave Texas. My wife's protests to the contrary. I don't know why. I guess we like to brag about how terrible it is but we stay anyway. Couple of more months and it will be perfect. November through May is as good as it gets. Setting aside the occasional ice storm that knocks out power and such. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have relatives in Texas, Dallas area and Huntsville. Been down that way quite a bit. Damned if I see any reason to live there. My oldest brother retired to Texas as well. Lasted one year & got the hell out. Went to Arkansas.

Posts: 15871 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote