Notify
Tools

Funny Thing About So Called DEMOCRACY! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Bush 2 followed Bush 1.

Hilary almost followed her husband!

Then comes Obama!

A Kenyan immigrant who ruled you lot TWICE!

Then you get Trump!

The most stupidly selfish nutcase ever.

Followed by Biden!

A deranged old man who probably does not know how to wipe his arse!

In the corner stands Kamala!

Kamala!

I am lost for words to describe this sorry excuse for a human being! jumping

DEMOCRACY!

America invades and destroys countries to bring them DEMOCRACY! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Bush 2 followed Bush 1.

Then comes Obama!

Then you get Trump!

Followed by Biden!

Kamala!

DEMOCRACY!

very good observation. "we have found the enemy and it is us."

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The funny thing about non democracies is, you can get exactly the same sort of people and you cant get rid of them.

Posts: 4259 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
The funny thing about non democracies is, you can get exactly the same sort of people and you cant get rid of them.

Frankly, lots of non democratic countries are run far better than most so called free ones!

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Frankly, lots of non democratic countries are run far better than most so called free ones!

Not an uncommon opinion among royalty who reside in monarchies. clap

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Possibly a minority. Care to suggest a few, other than UAE?

Bet I can suggest double where the opposite applies.

Your neighbour, Saudi, where 50% of the population are effectively chattels and cannot drive or travel without a father or husbands permission?

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Or that Shiite theocracy paradise across the Straight of Hormuz…. clap

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bush 2 followed Bush 1.

Then comes Obama!

Then you get Trump!

Followed by Biden!

Kamala!

DEMOCRACY!

Ahh, the biggest mistake is not the "American Rulers", the biggest mistake is the invasion and destruction of other countries to introduce democracy.

Case by case, place after place, no one can point an example of either a successful American invasion, nor a successful introduction of Democracy since the 1950's. I am very happy for the successful and peaceful South Koreans.

Yet we still very much want to and try. cuckoo

As far as I can tell, the Ukraine war has been great. Russia and Vlad seem stymied, looks to me like Ukraine will retain it's sovereignty. Cool, I could hope for no more. I think we all can guess Russia is in for some big turmoil and we all may suffer, that's a bit worrysome.

Regardless, it's obvious that neither Ukraine or Russia want to or will embrace western democracy and America should plan for that immediately. America should minimize it's involvement, very conservatively invest and be prepared to walk away from it all with no return on our investment and a smile on our face.

America prioritizing itself and its own success could eventually weed out the false prophets and puppet dictators that destroy us. Prioritizing un American cultures, societies, and civilizations is already our end.

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Case by case, place after place, no one can point an example of either a successful American invasion, nor a successful introduction of Democracy since the 1950's. I am very happy for the successful and peaceful South Koreans.

How about the countries of Eastern Europe in the 90's. Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungry, East Germany, Ukraine, Moldova etc. The US didn't invade but very defiantly supported them in their bids for freedom.

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

How about the countries of Eastern Europe in the 90's. Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungry, East Germany, Ukraine, Moldova etc. The US didn't invade but very defiantly supported them in their bids for freedom.

Right, Very emphatically did not invade, nor forced democracy.

Look to current events in Nicaragua an El Salvador, apply the American adventuring that went on there and lemme know. That's in our hemisphere, it is our continent and soil, we should have influence there.

How many times does the United States need to get it wrong before we learn a lesson?

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem with Democracy is that most people are complete morons and you give them the same vote as someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground.

Posts: 10036 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
The problem with Democracy is that most people are complete morons and you give them the same vote as someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground.

Yes.

Boils down to the lowest common denominator!

Classic example is the Einsteins deciding on how much “reparation” THEY should get!

Who is paying? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The question is wether in any other system, can you gaurantee that it wont be a complete moron who ends up in charge? Kim is lining up his 9 year old daughter to take his place already. For example.

Posts: 4259 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The question is wether in any other system, can you gaurantee that it wont be a complete moron who ends up in charge? Kim is lining up his 9 year old daughter to take his place already. For example.

What? I'm sure the 9 year old is very wise, fair and honorable. Big Grin

In casually pondering, it seems like most of south and central America muddle along with some kind of "strong man". They all have had adequate education and opportunity to pursue liberty and democracy, but they choose other. Africa is obvious. Eastern Asia has volunteered to remain under authoritarian rule, military junta's, central state. Why in the world do the Oligarchs of any flavor retain the power they do? Obviously the citizenry accepts it.

I don't have any feelings one wáy or another about the guy, but Saeeds favorite Jew; Netanyahu is back in charge and I'm under the impression he's quite the strongman. Seems Israel likes him. coffee Fine by me.

Good or bad, the "complete morons" of our enlightened western democracies have been creating the most hubub for the last century or so. Germany loved Hitler, "W" was elected twice here at my place.

Nicaragua had Ortega as a dictator, decided to go democratic and hold elections and elected Ortega back to the throne. Dude! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, Scott, you seem to have perspective. Smiler

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What? I'm sure the 9 year old is very wise, fair and honorable. Big Grin

Gotta admit, it's a step up from trump.... tu2

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you need a strong leader. If you go for caring you get Jacinda an that was a waste of time.
But with a strong leader you also need a fair and honourable one. Most of the ones mentioned are not fair or honourable. Thats where the problem lies.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Sometimes, Scott, you seem to have perspective. Smiler

Big Grin

I just don't think any of these guys are on our side Partner.
Politicians, not our pf friends.

Best for you and me to minimize their influence on us all.