Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lock Up This… Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really can't believe people are still turning themselves inside out over the Covid restrictions.

My childhood was difficult, anyone want to hear about it for years to come? I didn't think so.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
I really can't believe people are still turning themselves inside out over the Covid restrictions.

My childhood was difficult, anyone want to hear about it for years to come? I didn't think so.

Roll Eyes

There are a significant number of Americans that lost their business' over those restrictions.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those individuals have a legitimate complaint. The other 95% that are doing the bitching are motivated by others reasons.

We certainly could have done better but we could have done far, far worse as well. Australia? New Zealand? Western Europe? China?

Not so bad in the big picture here in the States is my view.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The legitimate concern is that there was no scientific evidence that the restrictions would do anything, actually the reverse. Fauci allowed himself to do that after correctly stating it wouldn't for political reasons.

Now we are starting to see some of the old panic and restrictions resurface. Over a virus that is now way less virulent.

Trust in our institutions is at an all time low... why?

Because government and the people in positions of authority can't resist using it.

That's not a dig at Trump or the Dems, that's a dig at all of them.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Trust in our institutions is at an all time low... why?

Why leave out the agitators who are profiting off undermining the trust in our institutions?

The agitators have only one motivation, more money. Nobody tunes in unless they have something for you to be outraged about.

You are correct though, both sides seem to need the outrage factor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will grant the professional agitators make it worse, but that’s directly tied into the misuse of power. If both sides are doing it, it gives the professional agitators a constant supply of grievances to agitate about.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote