THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    International Criminal Court and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Criminal Court and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
NY Times reports the ICC maybe about to issue arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

I have no idea of the extent of the U.S. involvement or support for the ICC.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
About time!

NitanHitler needs to be executed by the 1000 Chinese cuts!

Him and those supporting him are the true New Nazis!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
About time!

NitanHitler needs to be executed by the 1000 Chinese cuts!

Him and those supporting him are the true New Nazis!

A North Korean anti-aircraft gun...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
NY Times reports the ICC maybe about to issue arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

I have no idea of the extent of the U.S. involvement or support for the ICC.

I have no doubt it was reported but much to do about nothing. He is not going to be arrested.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much like the notion that Putin will be arrested.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19745 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Much like the notion that Putin will be arrested.

Agreed, it wont happen. Dictators of Libya or iraq? sure. Wont happen to either of them no matter if you love them or hate them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe some force is going to arrest Netanyahu while he is PM.

However, Romeo points to think about:

1) He staved off a prosecution inside Israel by finagling himself back to the PM chair.

And

2) This would give more credence to calls inside Israel for new elections and public sentiment against his prosecution of the war. One can do anything w public sentiment. Without public sentiment the matter is lost.

I also have no idea how much support or credibility the US gives to the ICC. By credibility the U.S. gives, I mean the Federal Government. I do not mean you and I. Is there some treaty that would mandate us to enforce the warrant, or limit diplomatic interaction upon issues of an ICC warrant? I do not know.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
public sentiment against his prosecution of the war

I have a decent sized Israeli client base. Many of them actively in the IDF.

According to them…Netanyahu is well supported by the majority of the citizenry of Israel. Just saying…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36626 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, there is a cabinet member who is actively trying to replace him calling for new elections.

He is a former ODF general. Plus there are protest going on inside Israel led by the hostage’s families.

An ICC warrant cannot help that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ICC the UN......just a bunch of third world idiots....

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is deep analysis.

I take it you do not know what out recognition or diplomatic relationship w the ICC is?

As usual, I’ll do the reading. It appears the U.S. participated in the creation of the ICC with President Clinton signing a treaty. However, Clinton never submitted the treaty for ratification. President Bush informed the UN that the treaty would not be presented for ratification. I think the IN is a parent organization.

The U.S. is one of seven countries – along with China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen – that voted against the Rome Statute. The Rome Statute. I think of the Rome Statute as being similar to an Enabling Act in U.S. law. The Rome Statute created the ICC.

Thus, the U. S. is not a participant in the ICC. A warrant issued by the ICC does not trigger any reaction by the U.S. on a diplomatic level.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is deep analysis.

I take it you do not know what out recognition or diplomatic relationship w the ICC is?

As usual, I’ll do the reading. It appears the U.S. participated in the creation of the ICC with President Clinton signing a treaty. However, Clinton never submitted the treaty for ratification. President Bush informed the UN that the treaty would not be presented for ratification. I think the IN is a parent organization.

The U.S. is one of seven countries – along with China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen – that voted against the Rome Statute. The Rome Statute. I think of the Rome Statute as being similar to an Enabling Act in U.S. law. The Rome Statute created the ICC.

Thus, the U. S. is not a participant in the ICC. A warrant issued by the ICC does not trigger any reaction by the U.S. on a diplomatic level.

Of course it doesnt. You can hate Israel but if think some ninjas will go capture him, you are being daft.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Are Mohammed Deif and Marwan Issa under warrant too?

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
That is deep analysis.

Of course it doesnt. You can hate Israel but if think some ninjas will go capture him, you are being daft.

I do not hate Israel. I support offensive actions against Hamas.

I object to Netanyahu. It cannot be argued that he was ousted for corruption, was being tried, and settlements are counterproductive to international support and security.

Now, if President Clinton had presented the ICC treaty for ratification to the Senate w the Senate so ratifying, then the ICC court issuing warrants for Netanyahu would force our diplomatic hand.

Israel more than deserves to exist. Israel has a right to exist. Israel, like the Palestinians, have no claim to the river to the sea.

If one wants to know my potion on Israel and Hamas, it has been stated in detail many times.

Hamas cannot be permitted to exist as a political entity. Israel does not have the support nor do they want a two front war trying to occupy all of Gaza and the West Bank creating an Israel, singular state.

Let us not forget, President Bush insisted on the elections that saw Hamas take power when he was told it would happen.

As Israel's first president, Chaim Weizmann, put it, "The conflict between ourselves and the Palestinians is not a conflict of justice against injustice, but a conflict between two equal rights."

Hamas has long fortified a claim of equal right as described by Israel’s first president. Palestine as a people have not. Israel could not kill every male child if it wanted to. Israel to try that only going to breed more extremism, and international isolation.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
Are Mohammed Deif and Marwan Issa under warrant too?

How about Bush II, Cheney, Teflon Tony?

All are criminals against humanity!

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
That is deep analysis.

I do not hate Israel. I support offensive actions against Hamas.

I object to Netanyahu. It cannot be argued that he was ousted for corruption, was being tried, and settlements are counterproductive to international support and security.

Now, if President Clinton had presented the ICC treaty for ratification to the Senate w the Senate so ratifying, then the ICC court issuing warrants for Netanyahu would force our diplomatic hand.

Israel more than deserves to exist. Israel has a right to exist. Israel, like the Palestinians, have no claim to the river to the sea.

If one wants to know my potion on Israel and Hamas, it has been stated in detail many times.

Hamas cannot be permitted to exist as a political entity. Israel does not have the support nor do they want a two front war trying to occupy all of Gaza and the West Bank creating an Israel, singular state.

Let us not forget, President Bush insisted on the elections that saw Hamas take power when he was told it would happen.

As Israel's first president, Chaim Weizmann, put it, "The conflict between ourselves and the Palestinians is not a conflict of justice against injustice, but a conflict between two equal rights."

Hamas has long fortified a claim of equal right as described by Israel’s first president. Palestine as a people have not. Israel could not kill every male child if it wanted to. Israel to try that only going to breed more extremism, and international isolation.

Well said, there will be those who either can’t, or choose not to understand it though, and just want the whole of Gaza carpet bombed. Screw them, they are only Arabs, and it’s their own fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTLeGnjrKBk
A three year old who survives the loss of his parents, brother and cousins in an air strike, then looses his legs when the school he was evacuated to is also hit.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
A three year old who survives the loss of his parents, brother and cousins in an air strike, then looses his legs when the school he was evacuated to is also hit

Does that even compare to being piled with other children, doused with accelerant, and burned alive…with people watching and cheering?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36626 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
A three year old who survives the loss of his parents, brother and cousins in an air strike, then looses his legs when the school he was evacuated to is also hit

Does that even compare to being piled with other children, doused with accelerant, and burned alive…with people watching and cheering?

Would it surprise you to learn that some people view both acts as atrocities? Again, yet another example of looking at life through glasses that only see black and white.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why the hell would you even consider making a comparison? What possible purpose does that serve?

Are you capable of understanding that both are wrong and utterly repellant ?

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I was listening to several thoughtful Israelis, two of whom have served as officers during the current conflict, on NPR's "On Point" yesterday. They represented the younger generation and pretty much agreed that the last 15 years of Netanyahu's policy have been disastrous not just for Israel but for the Palestinians. Bibi's refusal to relinquish political power has made him a huge liability for the Middle East.
For those interested, here is the podcast:
https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510053/on-point

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16404 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Netanyahu is not popular in Israel....as of last January, only 15% of Israelis want Netanyahu to keep his job once the war is done...if it ever is....

https://www.reuters.com/world/...ll-finds-2024-01-02/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15101 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect the Israelis will investigate the situation, and if it’s a war crime as opposed to an unfortunate incident caused by warfare someone will be held accountable.

The Hamas terror attack, not so much so.

I tend to agree that Netanyahu is not the best prime minister in Israel’s history. But I will leave it to the Israelis to decide who they want leading them. I certainly wouldn’t have the CIA trying to “influence” their elections.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ask myself what would Meir have done in this mess?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She did not do se well with the lead up to the Yom Kipper War. It cost her the PM and her collation power. There was an inquiry into her failings concerning the Yom Kipper War lead up.

The situation seems very similar w Netanyahu from that standpoint.

Meir also supposed Palestinian state.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel...83-a999-fc5ff4350000

https://www.thejc.com/news/dec...inian-state-alvbdt18

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why the hell would you even consider making a comparison? What possible purpose does that serve?

That^^^is what separates my logic from yours as it does very much matter.

One a willful act of unimaginable evil violence…

…the other sorrowful but not necessarily wrong occurrence of war.

One sickens and angers me to the maximum extent…the other elicits sorrow.

100%…they are two totally different acts…elicit different emotions…and require different remedies.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

100%…they are two totally different acts…elicit different emotions…and require different remedies.

But we cant lose sight of the cost, even Scipio Africanus wept when he saw what they did to Carthage. Neccesary i dont disagree but the cost is real. For the record, I would kill them all but i wont ignore that there is a cost often paid in blood. I mostly agree with you Dr. Easter, that said i wonder how do we really solve this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a difference in civilians getting killed, and civilians being targeted.

See the Nuremberg Trials.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

However, what is the difference between bombing civilians to reduce Nazi war production and hitting a group of refugees when the enemy combatants are using them as human shields?

What was the military objective of bombing Dresden? If I recall right, to worsen German home front morale and convince them to surrender.

Note that precedent is that the political leaders who authorized this and the service members involved were not guilty of war crimes given they were fighting in a war of aggression started by the other side.

If you can prove Netanyahu is ordering bombing of purely civilian targets just to kill civilians, then maybe there is a war crime there.

But since Hamas started a war by targeting civilians, you have a very high bar to call the Israeli PM a war criminal.

quote:
There is a difference in civilians getting killed, and civilians being targeted.

See the Nuremberg Trials.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But we cant lose sight of the cost, even Scipio Africanus wept when he saw what they did to Carthage. Neccesary i dont disagree but the cost is real. For the record, I would kill them all but i wont ignore that there is a cost often paid in blood. I mostly agree with you Dr. Easter, that said i wonder how do we really solve this?

Shed tears when the emotion of the situation elicits tears…but never take the foot off of the gas pedal.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shed tears when the emotion of the situation elicits tears…but never take the foot off of the gas pedal.

Sometimes i feel like im debating my dad and that is a compliment my friend.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your logic...?

A child miraculously survives the destruction of his home and then gets taken to a school, which the IDF has advised refuges is safe , then they bomb it. How is that different? It is deliberate targeting civilians.

The Hamas human shield argument is a good one size fits all excuse, but we don't know the facts because the IDF wont allow journalists into Gaza, which you are completely fine with.

You are very vocal on any thread about abortion that you are an advocate for those without a voice. In the absence of journalists the ordinary people in Gaza have no voice.

For someone who professes to be a christian you values are surprisingly .... flexible

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am a Christian. If ‘you’ understood what being a Christian meant…you would not correlate the above.

Go back and read the Old Testament and see how wars were prosecuted at that time.

The smartest thing Netanyahu has done…is keep reporters out of Gaza. I learned that lesson from watching the Viet Nam and Rhodesian Bush wars.

ALL reporters have an agenda…worse these days.

What Hamas did to ignite the war and collateral casualties from the war (however sad)…have zero equivalency. None.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you missed the lessons of Jesus, try the New Testament.

Posts: 235 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I do not think Jesus would approve of the murder of innocent children, even if the Israelis were doing the murdering:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cw07wgrwzywo

Posts: 235 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
In Jesus’s own words: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Matthew 5:17

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that can mean whatever the hell you want it to mean.

No matter, I still do not believe the lesson of Jesus was to murder your neighbor, even if they do happen to be Palestinian.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
He means to read the Old Testament and believe what it teaches.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure of that? I believe he arrived carrying a new message, one that sailed right over your head.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Jesus’s own words: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Matthew 5:17

Except the vale was ripped and a new Covenant established.

What I call clean, let no man call common.

Christians do my accept the international targeting of civilians.

We prosecuted US servicemen die war crimes.
One Sergeant serving in Payton’s army got life in prison.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your logic...?

A child miraculously survives the destruction of his home and then gets taken to a school, which the IDF has advised refuges is safe , then they bomb it. How is that different? It is deliberate targeting civilians.

The Hamas human shield argument is a good one size fits all excuse, but we don't know the facts because the IDF wont allow journalists into Gaza, which you are completely fine with.

You are very vocal on any thread about abortion that you are an advocate for those without a voice. In the absence of journalists the ordinary people in Gaza have no voice.

For someone who professes to be a christian you values are surprisingly .... flexible

There is no IDF.

They are the ZOF!

ZIONIST OCCUPATION FORCES!

Always has been

Always will be!