THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Something rather obvious: populism and conspiracy mentality; same roots

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something rather obvious: populism and conspiracy mentality; same roots Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
New research suggests populism and conspiracy mentality are both rooted in a fundamental disposition of distrust
Story by PsyPost • 10h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...7598e0f0e83218&ei=12

New research provides evidence that a generalized disposition of distrust towards others and society is a central factor contributing to both populist attitudes and conspiratorial mindsets. The findings have been published in Political Psychology.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19766 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
New research suggests populism and conspiracy mentality are both rooted in a fundamental disposition of distrust
Story by PsyPost • 10h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...7598e0f0e83218&ei=12

New research provides evidence that a generalized disposition of distrust towards others and society is a central factor contributing to both populist attitudes and conspiratorial mindsets. The findings have been published in Political Psychology.

Probably true.

What we have now is total, complete, mistrust of the governments! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I distrust those who mistrust the government.

Some distrust is healthy and appropriate, IMO, but to the extent that some claim and go, such as MEGA bunch, that's not healthy for the persons, the group or the Nation or the World.

Distrust to that extent has more to do with worldview, ideology, than the actual government.

IOW, the government is not the cause, but is the effect of the hate/distrust. It's the scapegoat.

IMO, the best thing such folks should do is go hate a stop sign.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19766 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Well, I distrust those who mistrust the government.

Some distrust is healthy and appropriate, IMO, but to the extent that some claim and go, such as MEGA bunch, that's not healthy for the persons, the group or the Nation or the World.

Distrust to that extent has more to do with worldview, ideology, than the actual government.

IOW, the government is not the cause, but is the effect of the hate/distrust. It's the scapegoat.

IMO, the best thing such folks should do is go hate a stop sign.

No wonder you voted for Biden and NUMBER TWO Kamala! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If she were to become NUMBER ONE, by chance, she would still be better than Trump or DeSantis.

I don't believe she could be elected #1.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
she'd for sure be better than Joe.
the fact that she is incapable of doing anything puts her 10 steps ahead of him fucking everything up.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote