Tools

Fantastic News! Trump Is BANNED! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
He shouldn't be campaigning.

He should have his arse against the wall in JAIL! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We certainly can agree on that.

Posts: 15874 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What will the SCOTUS do?

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
What will the SCOTUS do?

If the past is any guide Trump's lawyers will appeal to Four Seasons Total Landscaping instead of the Supreme Court.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rudy still working for him?

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rudy still working for him?

Rudy-in-a-skirt Alina Habba is.

She's the one who failed to request a jury in New York.

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What will the SCOTUS do?

Accept writ and reverse. Quickly too, I bet.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
“I think this case will be handled quickly, I think it could be 9-0 in the Supreme Court for Trump,” Cobb said in an interview on CNN, adding later, “I do believe it could be 9-0 because I think the law is clear.” Ty Cobb

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What will the SCOTUS do?

There is a down side to being so smart that you come to conclusions others do not understand...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Chief Justice Roberts wants to restore some semblance of legitimacy to the Court they'll simply deny cert on this and all cases involving State Supreme Courts or Secretaries of State applying State law.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The risk being that if the SCOTUS does find in favour of Trump, his popularity will go up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
If Chief Justice Roberts wants to restore some semblance of legitimacy to the Court they'll simply deny cert on this and all cases involving State Supreme Courts or Secretaries of State applying State law.

That is not going to happen and would be dereliction of duty to do so.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, and the justices involved had to know this is pretty shaky ground.

Lots of assumptions being made.

Typical legal lottery- very high reward and very little risk to the individual litigants.

If they fail, it increases the chances that Trump gets in.

quote:
The risk being that if the SCOTUS does find in favour of Trump, his popularity will go up.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

The Court denies certiorari far more often that it grants it, and has repeatedly held that outside of constitutionality it has no competence to interpret and apply State Law, unless a State is about to let a Democrat be elected President (see Bush v Gore).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Yes, and the justices involved had to know this is pretty shaky ground.

Lots of assumptions being made.

Typical legal lottery- very high reward and very little risk to the individual litigants.

If they fail, it increases the chances that Trump gets in.

quote:

And so the conclusion that surely must be drawn, and should have been drawn long ago, Is that Trump is so big that hes very hard to defeat and anything outside of an absolute defeat, he can turn into an opportunity to win.

So then I have to ask, Why are the democrats Dicking around?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because they are coming to realize they fucked up.

Posts: 704 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And so the conclusion that surely must be drawn, and should have been drawn long ago, Is that Trump is so big that hes very hard to defeat and anything outside of an absolute defeat, he can turn into an opportunity to win.

So then I have to ask, Why are the democrats Dicking around?

"Democrats Dicking around"?

I don't see it that way at all.

The Colorado Supreme Court addressed that issue in their ruling. I don't want to look it up and quote it. Maybe someone will.

First thing - one has to recognize that this is a contest between the rule of law and something contrary to that. To claim that it's the democrats favoring the rule of law is correct.

If the judicial system, foremost DOJ, shies away from the law and application thereof, or weaponizes it politically, then Trump and Trumpism has already won.

The way Trump is "performing" (choice word) and what his supporters including Fox are doing is in effect politically weaponizing narratives, lies, the law, the constitution, the congress, the media, and other institutions in direct confrontation with the rule of law.

Since application of the rule of law seems to offend Trumpsters and gains support for their flip side, what is the correct path?

Should the nation cave now to Trump, or later after giving a good fight?

After all, if the Trumpsters had total control of the DOJ, the FBI, and the judicial system, we all know, no doubt, that the slate would be wiped clean for Trump and all those convicted for their behavior on 1/6, and much, much more.

Now, that's weaponization of the system, not only the justice system. That's fascism.

That's exactly what folks who think the rule of law, maybe imperfect, yet the best route, are up against.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

The Court denies certiorari far more often that it grants it, and has repeatedly held that outside of constitutionality it has no competence to interpret and apply State Law, unless a State is about to let a Democrat be elected President (see Bush v Gore).

This they are not going to deny.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You like going off andd listening too yourself talk ME.

Most of what you say is a given. Its just not where I was aiming.

Democrats are dicking around by fielding a candidate who can loose to all that.

By all means follow the rule of law. But be aware that trump might just win and come out in a stronger position regardless of how honest the democrats are.

But what they could do is drop some of the extreme left woke BS and play the centre and field a candidate who will beat Trump if hes allowed to participate. Its that simple.

The right In NZ has done that. Played the game better and has just now banned men from womens sport, removed unnecessary teaching from the school curriculum and promised a focus on reading, writing and arithmetic. And its seen the left drop away further.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

By all means follow the rule of law. But be aware that trump might just win and come out in a stronger position regardless of how honest the democrats are.

But what they could do is drop some of the extreme left woke BS and play the centre and field a candidate who will beat Trump if hes allowed to participate. Its that simple.

The right In NZ has done that. Played the game better and has just now banned men from womens sport, removed unnecessary teaching from the school curriculum and promised a focus on reading, writing and arithmetic. And its seen the left drop away further.

The presumptive Democratic Nominee has proven his ability to beat Trump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I and others are aware that Trump could win, regardless of what the democrats do, honestly or otherwise.

All the Rightists' cultural BS is second tier to the threat of Trumpism. Dems could in good faith promise to drop woke, ban men from women's sports, indoctrinate children suitable to the right, etc. and it wouldn't do any good. Trump and Fox would spin it.

BTW, where did the right get the notion that the left approves of men competing in women's sports? I think it's a lie that's become generally accepted. Just because it has happened doesn't mean the "left" approves.

The best hope, for now, is to hold Trump accountable under the rule of law. Failing that, then it's down in the pits where he wants and trying to drag us all.

If the country can rise above Trumpism, well, that's where we're at.

You don't have Trump.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honest Democrats ? Yeah, right.

Posts: 704 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcraig:
Honest Democrats ? Yeah, right.

Funny thing - how reality and alt-reality works.

We see it all the time herein, and in real life, especially in politics.

Here's a relevant quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
Good read if not ABP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...50cc4194ab7391&ei=20

I sometimes wonder in divided/split opinion cases how half of a group of supposedly educated and knowledgeable individuals can look at a tree and see a tree and know that it's a tree while the other half sees a carrot.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

I and others are aware that Trump could win, regardless of what the democrats do, honestly or otherwise.

All the Rightists' cultural BS is second tier to the threat of Trumpism. Dems could in good faith promise to drop woke, ban men from women's sports, indoctrinate children suitable to the right, etc. and it wouldn't do any good. Trump and Fox would spin it.

BTW, where did the right get the notion that the left approves of men competing in women's sports? I think it's a lie that's become generally accepted. Just because it has happened doesn't mean the "left" approves.

The best hope, for now, is to hold Trump accountable under the rule of law. Failing that, then it's down in the pits where he wants and trying to drag us all.

You don't have Trump.

Because its the far left that are vocal on it, and the middle left won't speak against them. Where has a senior democrat come out and done so?

If you risk going too the pits, then you will loose because that is his playing field. Are you saying that the democrats dont have someone at all that can take votes off of trump and appeal too the centre left and right?
Because I just checked your polls and Biden is even starting to tank with youth voters if what I saw was correct.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny thing - how reality and alt-reality works.

We see it all the time herein, and in real life, especially in politics.

Here's a relevant quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
Good read if not ABP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...50cc4194ab7391&ei=20

I sometimes wonder in divided/split opinion cases how half of a group of supposedly educated and knowledgeable individuals can look at a tree and see a tree and know that it's a tree while the other half sees a carrot.

Yep, heres how ALT reality works. The NZ government has removed all funding from sports that include male players in female competition. The wilful misunderstanding from the left has been very vocal and claimed that the GOVT is banning Trams women from sports. Social media is in outrage over this and of course our left politicians are jumping on the band wagon. media too. The ALT reality is that the country hates this change and I can understand why some would beleive it. But the polls show an uptick of support for the GOVT.
The reality is the silent majority who dont converse thier thoughts on social media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because its the far left that are vocal on it, and the middle left won't speak against them. Where has a senior democrat come out and done so?

If you risk going too the pits, then you will loose because that is his playing field. Are you saying that the democrats dont have someone at all that can take votes off of trump and appeal too the centre left and right?
Because I just checked your polls and Biden is even starting to tank with youth voters if what I saw was correct.

Granted - the center left doesn't want to lose the vote of the far left. Obviously the same could accurately be said of the right. But I think the far right is way more damaging.

The center left and what's left of the center right (the tattered remains) are somewhat compatible and reasonable.

You are correct that letting Trump drag us all down to his level is unthinkable - total loss.

No, I'm not saying that the democrats don't have someone. I'm an optimist. Smiler

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heres the trick, and its what the right knows. The centre left cant loose the far left. Just as the centre right cant loose the far right.

Why? because those two extreme groups do not have anyone else to vote for. They dont matter except that they have your ear and are damned noisy! Fuck them both and contend the middle ground. Because thats where the sensible stuff is that will impact the most people favourably.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't have Trump.

You're right, Biden is only up 53% to 24% with youth voters in the latest poll.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends where you look. When I googled this is the sort of article I came up with.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightl...lection-200499269958

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess it depends where you look. When I googled this is the sort of article I came up with.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightl...lection-200499269958

That's definitely a substantial difference; from what I see I'm thinking NBC did their poll by landline.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

As I recall, Obama spoke out about woke, and cautioned (at least) against it.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shanks, in summary you seem to be addressing the question of "where is the problem".

May I offer a suggestion:

Fox News propaganda 24/7

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=43

This is what happens in communist countries: Rep. Nicole Malliotakis

Rep. Nicole Malliotakis, R-N.Y., on the future of Trump's ballot eligibility and concerns around illegal immigrants voting in the 2024 election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...fdae44c07df51&ei=132

Republicans' New Threat to Jack Smith
Story by Kaitlin Lewis • 3h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...id=socialshare&ei=41

Laura: This is only the latest in what will end up being a series of wins

Fox News host Laura Ingraham reacts to Americans rejecting the liberal agenda on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=33

LARRY KUDLOW: The liberal media may obsess about the Trump indictments, but the country doesn't care
Story by Larry Kudlow • 9h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=13

Special counsel in Trump case unconstitutional, former Reagan AG says
Story by Brianna Herlihy • 14h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=14

Liz Cheney Tells Fox News Viewers To Snap Out Of It
Story by Jordan Andrews • 8h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=24

Jordan expands probe into Smith’s handling of Trump cases
Story by Rebecca Beitsch • 13h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...id=socialshare&ei=45

Newt Gingrich: This is crippling the rule of law

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich calls out President Biden's border policy and leadership on 'Hannity.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...LiP?ocid=socialshare

Newt Gingrich: What you now have is basically a fascist Democratic Party

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich reacts to the Colorado Supreme Court removing Trump from the ballot on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...jeF?ocid=socialshare

Stephen Miller calls on GOP to 'get in the game' and be on top of Biden's border crisis

Fox News contributor Sara Carter and former Trump adviser Stephen Miller join 'Hannity' to discuss the record number of migrants continuing to pour over the southern border.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obama was quite some time ago now though and was ignored.

As to the rest, As Ive said before I cant view MSN so unable to comment.