Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is WROMNG With You Lot? Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
The country is divided almost right in the middle.

One half supports one lot of brainless politicians, and the other half supports another lot of brainless politicians.

Neither side is doing anything remotely with any common sense.

All the lot are screaming THEY DID THEY DID THEY DID1

It is like watching 2 year olds at a children playground!

GROW UP! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the Dumpster Cult fizzles out, then let's talk.

Or, otoh, someone, anyone, please, tell/show us how reconciliation is possible with Trumpism, in all its fomented, festering, in-your-face, fascist evil?

It's easier to reconcile with snakes.

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21179 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

Or, otoh, someone, anyone, please, tell/show us how reconciliation is possible with Trumpism, in all its fomented, festering, in-your-face, fascist evil?

Or, we could try incremental steps toward our separate visions while holding on to the visions we share.

Lately it seems like whoever has a majority in Congress tries to implement their most extreme ideas.
In the others' faces, as was pointed out.

There is no pressing need to prohibit either abortion or firearms ownership, yet there they are, two big campaign contribution issues.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14590 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
we could try incremental steps toward our separate visions while holding on to the visions we share.

We may be able to toy with that on this forum.

But, how can that happen in real life, where the power plays are, say congress, with Gym Jordon, Matt Gaetz, MTG, Ted Cruz, McCarthy, etc.?

Their only mission is to thwart anything they deem leftist, and gain and retain the power to do so, by any means - the end justifies the means.

Some will say the left does that too. What exactly does one expect when confronted with a wall?

There's three choices, go around, tear it down, or concede.

What I see, and many others too, is that the Right has set it up as zero-sum, all or none. Reconcile with that?

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21179 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What I find so disturbing is that each side purposely do things to annoy the other side.

Despite the fact that what they are addling affect their lives negatively!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I find so disturbing is that each side purposely do things to annoy the other side.

I disagree with that statement.

The "sides" may do stuff that in one effect "annoys" the other, but that's not the intent or purpose. Neither side cares one bit about annoying the other.

One side wants control to live in yesteryear, forever, or at least until the second-coming..

Another side wants to honor the constitution, the Founders, recognizing in reality that the world has changed, cultures change, society changes, climate changes, yet all that doesn't mean that the Great Experiment is over. There are ways to fix it, while still honoring it, without tearing it all down.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
And then there was Texas -- Look, there are people here that look like political adversaries, but, in some cases, and IRL, are Friend and bubbas - Oh, Grandma Kennie is pretty harmless, she's just crazy, but a Texan none-the-less

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39557 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's some truth Jeffeosso.

All my friends, bubbas and close relatives are Rightists. Some won't admit it. Some are far rightists.

When one is surrounded, friends are where you can find them. I don't relate much to real leftists anyway - too flakey for me. Wink

We still get along, mostly by agreeing to not talking about politics or religion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I disagree with that statement.

The "sides" may do stuff that in one effect "annoys" the other, but that's not the intent or purpose. Neither side cares one bit about annoying the other.

One side wants control to live in yesteryear, forever, or at least until the second-coming..

Another side wants to honor the constitution, the Founders, recognizing in reality that the world has changed, cultures change, society changes, climate changes, yet all that doesn't mean that the Great Experiment is over. There are ways to fix it, while still honoring it, without tearing it all down.

This post highlights the intransigence of the left, but would be the same coming from the right. A person who was on the rightist side of the equation would say they are the group which wants recognize that mistakes have been made, and perhaps we should rewind to find where we got off track.
He would say the left does, indeed want to tear the constitution down a strip freedom and liberty from the people.
In both cases, it is largely just rhetoric, but it is incredibly damaging. Neither side seems to be made up of people who are willing to sacrifice anything for their country. JFK's exhortation to "Ask not what your country can do for you" would play to a pretty thin audience nowadays. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3749 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A person who was on the rightist side of the equation would say they are the group which wants recognize that mistakes have been made, and perhaps we should rewind to find where we got off track.

I partially agree with you, Bill.

I quoted only part of your post for brevity.

The "problem" as I see it is not that the Right fail to recognize their mistakes - they do. And they want to rewind and get on track.

It's how "mistakes" are defined, and the same for "rewind" and "track".

Look at the agenda: 20,000 shock troops. The Heritage Foundation.

https://www.google.com/search?...YhgM&sclient=gws-wiz

Any ploy or plot that doesn't achieve the agenda could be deemed a "mistake", where a "rewind" is needed to get back on "track".

Think of the words - relentless, unrepentant, righteous. Then you get it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He would say the left does, indeed want to tear the constitution down a strip freedom and liberty from the people.

Saying it (believing it) and it being true is not the same thing.

But it carries the same weight as fact.

In general it's a lie, among many lies. It's an excuse too, justifications for the means, among many.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
people who are willing to sacrifice anything for their country.

There are plenty of such people.

Here's one:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7dcc1d37df60c5&ei=59

The afternoon of his conviction, outside the courtroom, he also suggested that he’s a martyr. “The day Judge Mehta ruled that I could not use executive privilege as a defense, the die was cast,” he told reporters. “This was pro forma. We knew going in what the verdict would be. That’s why it’s going to the appeals court. … I’m willing to go to prison to settle this issue.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think that Navarro doesn't believe that he's a righteous patriot, who would "sacrifice anything for their country", even his freedom?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Or, we could try incremental steps toward our separate visions while holding on to the visions we share.

Lately it seems like whoever has a majority in Congress tries to implement their most extreme ideas.
In the others' faces, as was pointed out.

There is no pressing need to prohibit either abortion or firearms ownership, yet there they are, two big campaign contribution issues.

Yeah I agree with this. I do not understand why politics has got too the stage where its about making others live your life.

Recently a political party here advocated abolishing golf courses as they were of no value and only a rich mans sport where the land could be used for housing. Why can people not understand that some people see value in pastimes that others might think a waste of time.
Politics should be about running the country. health, education, police, roads, foreign relations etc. It does not have to be about much more to be successful.

Posts: 4549 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote