Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value for money Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
News coming out tonight seems to be that the russians are admitting Ukraine just damaged a Kilo class submarine and a landing ship.
When Russia comes out so fast and admits something is damaged , its usually destroyed.

250 odd million of russian naval infrastructure is going up in flames right now it seems.

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And how much of Western Europe billions have been lost so far?? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we are at about 3% of our annual defense budget to show the world what a paper tiger Russia really is. Heck of a bargain if you ask me.

Of course if your country has an armed defense force the size of a small village and you are not able to provide for your own security you might not understand how a defense budget in super power works.

I have heard the UAE is attempting to modernize its armed forces and are now upgrading to the most modern version of the camel rotflmo

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
And how much of Western Europe billions have been lost so far?? clap

Not one penny. Money well-spent.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
I think we are at about 3% of our annual defense budget to show the world what a paper tiger Russia really is. Heck of a bargain if you ask me.

perhaps a paper tiger, but they still have nuclear teeth, fangs, and claws

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of course if your country has an armed defense force the size of a small village and you are not able to provide for your own security you might not understand how a defense budget in super power works.

I have heard the UAE is attempting to modernize its armed forces and are now upgrading to the most modern version of the camel rotflmo

Did you ever win any war??

The rice paddy farmers kicked your arse.

The cave dwellers from the Stone Age kicked your arse.

Your choice of ruler is between a draft dodging career criminal to a geriatric who cannot wipe his own arse! clap

Posts: 67005 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
Here we go again, Saeed will tell us how fu@#ed up our country is, all the while his king, emir, sultan, or whatever you want to call his unchosen ruler is paying us billions for equipment and personnel to secure his oil fields and assets throughout the UAE.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macs B:
Here we go again, Saeed will tell us how fu@#ed up our country is, all the while his king, emir, sultan, or whatever you want to call his unchosen ruler is paying us billions for equipment and personnel to secure his oil fields and assets throughout the UAE.

We prefer to employ mercenaries. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

People with more money than guts or pride generally do.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Because you're incapable of defending yourselves. dancing

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Why put ourselves in danger when we can losers to die for us? clap

One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
What makes you the ole Sheik Ali is paying anyone to protect the people? We get paid to protect the oil.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Satellite imagery tends to indicate both vessels have been destroyed. The sub was only built in 2014!
To me it points to Russian Hubris and arrogance that they felt they could dry dock such a valuable vessel in contested territory and close to the war zone.

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why put ourselves in danger when we can losers to die for us? clap

A fool-proof system, mercenaries have never decided they could run things better than the guys paying them...

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Satellite imagery tends to indicate both vessels have been destroyed. The sub was only built in 2014!
To me it points to Russian Hubris and arrogance that they felt they could dry dock such a valuable vessel in contested territory and close to the war zone.

Dunno.

They might not have had a choice.

Turkey closed the Bosporus, didn’t they?

If I was in charge, I’d rather have a ship get blown up in dry dock than sunk at sea by lack of maintenance, losing crew.

Frankly, the entire Black Sea is in striking distance of the combatants.

Nevertheless it’s a significant blow to Russian military strength and prestige.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a good explanation that makes sense today. Ukraine is going after the landing ships and air defences. Because with the air defences down they can have another crack at the Kirch bridge, and if they cut off the land supply route the landing craft would be the only meaningful method the Russians would have of resupplying thier southern troops.
Sounds like its part of the screw tightening process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Ukrainians just took out another air defense system valued at 1.2 billion dollars, this is after the two ships were hit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66805897

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile the little dictator (trump's buddy) pledges undying loyalty to Putin.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/13...n-kim-jong-un-summit

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Ukrainians just took out another air defense system valued at 1.2 billion dollars, this is after the two ships were hit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66805897

Yeah awesome!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meanwhile the little dictator (trump's buddy) pledges undying loyalty to Putin.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/13...n-kim-jong-un-summit

Ammo in quantities useful to Putin is heavy, I wonder if they will move it by train or ship?

Can't imagine China would be thrilled with having NorK ammo trains rolling through, so probably by ship. NorK to Vladivostok, then onto the Trans-Siberian railroad for a LONG trip through sparsely inhabited country, perfect hunting grounds for those cardboard Ukrainian drones.

Might get right sporty...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your choice of ruler is between a draft dodging career criminal to a geriatric who cannot wipe his own arse!

That says it all, you're doomed. Unfortunately we're no better and will pay the same price. Wink

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1596 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I hear the Wagner group is selling their services cheap due to a shortage of leadership and capital. Maybe give the #3 leader a call?? Of course, if there were enough Emiratis willing to fight for their country, you wouldn’t need mercenaries but that obviously ain’t happening… animal

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:

I hear the Wagner group is selling their services cheap due to a shortage of leadership and capital. Maybe give the #3 leader a call?? Of course, if there were enough Emiratis willing to fight for their country, you wouldn’t need mercenaries but that obviously ain’t happening… animal

Our leaders do have the interest of their citizens at heart.

Unlike yours, sending off to die in foreign lands so the military industry can make money!

How many died in Vietnam??

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident comes to mind!

Your politicians CREATE a war to send you stupid lot to die!

20 years in Afghanistan?

What did you achieve?

Ran off in total cowardice leaving billings of military equipment behind!

Even Hollywood can’t make this up! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:

Our leaders do have the interest of their citizens at heart.
L Correct, young Emiratis are sent off to Londonstan for very important education in the pubs and clubs where they can live a life of debauchery that would be frowned upon at home.
How many died in Vietnam??

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident comes to mind!

How many hundreds of years have Sunnis and Shiites been killing each other? How is that working out?

Your politicians CREATE a war to send you stupid lot to die!

20 years in Afghanistan?

What did you achieve? I noticed you and your cousin could not get out of Yemen fast enough when the goat herders there kicked your collective arses. Not to worry though, my uncle stepped up to save your pathetic country that can't even defend its own oil infrastructure. No, you certainly cannot make this shit up. Someone who lives in country that cannot defend itself, criticizing the military that actually does defend that same shit hole. If it was not for the US military the UAE would be part of Iran. You should be thankful your second rate country even exists. Tells us some more about all the advanced accomplishments in the UAE...Did you ever figure out how to operate a Ferris wheel? clap

Ran off in total cowardice leaving billings of military equipment behind!

Even Hollywood can’t make this up! jumping