THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Republicans quietly drop House investigation into Trump finances

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republicans quietly drop House investigation into Trump finances Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...1042b1a514128a&ei=57

The new Republican majority in the House of Representatives has quietly dropped an investigation into whether former president Donald Trump profited improperly during his presidency.

The House Oversight & Accountability declined to enforce a court-supervised settlement agreement that demanded that Mazars USA, the fomer president’s accounting firm, produce his financial records to Congress, The New York Times reported.

“I honestly didn’t even know who or what Mazars was,” Representative James Comer of Kentucky, who serves as chairman of the committee, told The Times. Rather, Mr Comer said he would focus more on investigating President Joe Biden’s family.

“What exactly are they looking for,” he said. “They’ve been ‘investigating’ Trump for six years. I know exactly what I’m investigating: money the Bidens received from China.”

Democrats previously wrote to Mr Comer, who was the former ranking member of the committee when Democrats controlled the House last Congress, and raised concerns about the fact that Mr Trump’s accounting firm, which cut ties with him, stopped turning over documents to the committee.

Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, the ranking Democrat on the committee, said Mr Comer worked with Mr Trump’s lawyers to effectively kill the investigation, which Mr Comer denied.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19768 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump's DWAC Stock Tanks: How A Trump Media Money Laundering Investigation Has Putin Undertones
Story by Chris Katje • Yesterday 1:11 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...f2a79fb4bbf545&ei=30

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19768 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The emoluments clause is worthless.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And so?

I trust that Trump will be investigated appropriately by Justice.

Any GOP led house investigation is going to be pure vanilla if not a whitewashing. Meanwhile the democrats will villianize and throw crap at the wall hoping it sticks.

Can congress investigate is very different from should they.

My feeling is that congress would be better off opening up the transparency of FBI investigations and Justice’s decision making than trying to investigate via political theater.

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the J6 committee hadn't done such a good job, even though restricted and stonewalled, we wouldn't know the truth about all the clandestine and seditious stuff behind the scene, now would we?

If the repugs weren't trying to be slick about their fascist farce they could be a source of truth, but instead we have to rely on the opposition to expose.

Then we can sort it out. Roll Eyes

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
And so?

Any GOP led house investigation is going to be pure vanilla if not a whitewashing. Meanwhile the democrats will villianize and throw crap at the wall hoping it sticks.

My feeling is that congress would be better off opening up the transparency of FBI investigations and Justice’s decision making than trying to investigate via political theater.

For good, sound reasons, criminal investigations aren't transparent.

Posts: 6139 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

It becomes evident only when the indictment happens, and the prosecution begins.

Otherwise, it's theater, which is Trumpism, not rule of law.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is kind of the point.

Clinton was repeatedly dragged through the mud, as was Regan, both Bushes, Obama, Trump, and now Biden. None of this helps governing (although one could argue it does help choose the right person).

Open it all up once the investigation is complete.

quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
And so?

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Open it all up once the investigation is complete.

The j6 committee did exactly that, yet you denied the findings.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Umm, the 1/6 committee was a partisan hack job.

Yes, they made some points.

They did state some factual items.

But most of what they said was contaminated by the political theater of it all.

The FBI investigation would have both sides information. Then there would be the court process including discovery.

If the 1/6 committee folks were so accurate and thorough, why haven't charges been leveled by justice yet? There shouldn't be any need for further investigation, as Schiff et al did such a good job! /sarc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that the republicans on that committee would disagree it was a partisan hack job.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cc2ef1689ec978&ei=18

Masters of disinformation: How Republicans and Putin warp our perception of reality
Story by Brian Karem • 10h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cc2ef1689ec978&ei=22

I'm a Republican. But Tucker Carlson is wrong about the Jan. 6 riot – and so much more.
Opinion by John Wood Jr., USA TODAY • 10h ago

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone forgets that republican base is out there, alive and not-so-well, and hungry for affirmations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/ente...32117b1525cf63&ei=34

Cable News Ratings Wednesday March 22: Tucker Carlson Dominates Cable News
Story by Mediaite Staff • 3h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...32117b1525cf63&ei=41

Trump Posts Stunning Message Pushing Back On Calls for His Supporters to Be Peaceful Amid Impending Arrest
Story by Colby Hall • 10h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...32117b1525cf63&ei=80

'Send more p to grab': Donald Trump brutally mocked over fake prayer photo
Story by Brandon Gage • 1h ago

XXX