New
Find
Notify
Tools

There will be war Login/Join 
Picture of jeffeosso
posted
https://thehill.com/policy/int...n-sea-amid-war-gaza/

Iran now theartens the med. It's been a good run lads, but this could lead to another war and it could involve nukes. Dang, I hate to be a nervous Nellie but shots fired in the med could be very bad

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't they just threaten to close the Atlantic, the Pacific and outer space?

They have the same capability to carry out the threat.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I heard, if France had its way it would have all ready started. US being a moderating influence right now. Trouble is I think Iran/Russia will take it as a sign of weakness. Which anyone with a iota of common sense, knows, it isn't.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Why don't they just threaten to close the Atlantic, the Pacific and outer space?

It's a good thing we have those Jewish Space Lasers!!!!

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
https://thehill.com/policy/int...n-sea-amid-war-gaza/

Iran now theartens the med. It's been a good run lads, but this could lead to another war and it could involve nukes. Dang, I hate to be a nervous Nellie but shots fired in the med could be very bad

The Ayatollah isn’t that stupid nor is the Republican Guard.Israel could turn Tehran and other cities into a radioactive slag heap and that’s without the US getting involved. And Putin is a little busy right now.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

It's a good thing we have those Jewish Space Lasers!!!!

Ain't it just!

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I think I first said 4-5 years ago that the new Axis will be Russia, Iran (along with a few inconsequential ME countries), North Korea, and China. China will decide when it kicks off. I do believe Iran is chomping at the bit. India maybe be a deciding factor in this new conflict and the continent of Africa will play a bigger role.

New wild cards will be Mexico and the SA continent continues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Funny how an elected government in Iran was toppled to be replaced by a puppet!!

An American puppet!

You all deserve what you get!

Sticking your nose where it has no business!

By the way, why don’t you sort your own mess at home?? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I think I first said 4-5 years ago that the new Axis will be Russia, Iran (along with a few inconsequential ME countries), North Korea, and China. China will decide when it kicks off. I do believe Iran is chomping at the bit. India maybe be a deciding factor in this new conflict and the continent of Africa will play a bigger role.

New wild cards will be Mexico and the SA continent continues.

Sounds like a partnership destined for disaster.

Russia has no manufacturing and tapes Cabela's gps's to the dashboard of their military aircraft, not to mention their single aircraft carrier burns bunker fuel and is normally towed by tug boats. Russia had manpower but has for months now relied on conscipts in its war with little old Ukraine.

Iran couldn't beat Iraq after years and America walked through Iraq twit in a matter of minutes.

Kim Wang Chow in DPRK has tons of bluster but DPRK hasn't succeeded at anything other than famine in 70 years.

I do believe China has the manpower and can utilize it but they don't have the hardware. There's been no demonstration of capability. China sails around a little, fly's around some and saber rattles from the podium. China has one nothing since Vietnam in the 1960's and that was pretty behind closed doors.

Mexico's Drug Cartels are serious, but I'm under the impression they're a dozen drone strikes away from being really flaccid.

Looks to me like Western Europe, The United States and Canada is where "The beef" still is. Australia has "The Sheep" but I think that's changeable in short order.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Scott,
You are probably right and pray you are. China can change your equation. But regardless, if it does start…we still have it to get done before we are the victor.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott,
You are probably right and pray you are. China can change your equation. But regardless, if it does start…we still have it to get done before we are the victor.

Well, as usual, what do I know.

But it seems to me China would have to return to Maoism to win a war. The Chinese people are cannon fodder and China will succeed by making their enemies run out of bullets mowing down Chinese soldiers.

I'm skeptical the citizens of China would go along.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tend too agree. One thing the communist govt has never managed to erase form the people, is disagreement. Generally they are careful in how they express it, but they do and the covid lockdowns showed the people have a limit.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One thing for sure…I don’t want a war for my son to fight in. Thus, I pray y’all are correct.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing for sure…I don’t want a war for my son to fight in. Thus, I pray y’all are correct.

Tell him to claim he has a BONE SPUR! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Scott,

Well, as usual, what do I know.

But it seems to me China would have to return to Maoism to win a war. The Chinese people are cannon fodder and China will succeed by making their enemies run out of bullets mowing down Chinese soldiers.

I'm skeptical the citizens of China would go along.

China would be a ring-tailed MFer to invade, if anybody had that desire, because of sheer numbers, but they have scant ability to project significant military power. Even trying an invasion of Taiwan would turn the Taiwan Strait into a turkey shoot with any amphibious troop insertion feeding a LOT of fish. They could stand off and destroy Taiwan from a distance, while absorbing a great deal of damage themselves, but invading is beyond their current or near-term capabilities.

Outside of their nuclear arsenal Russia, long thought to be a second-rate military power, has proven to be third-rate, at best, and if the performance of their most advanced systems in Ukraine is any guide their nuclear arsenal is likely a fraction of its apparent strength.

Their only hope to reverse their fortunes in Ukraine is to stir trouble in the Middle East through their "clients" there, mostly through Iran's influence over such lovelies as Hamas and the Houthis as a distraction and the efforts of their assets in the Republican Party in the U.S. to interrupt Ukraine's supply chain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

LOL! Good one, Saeed. Tell his son to emulate his father's hero.

Posts: 6134 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
quote:

Roland,
Why would you call him my hero? From the usual suspects here…I pay no attention. But you generally pay pretty close attention to folks true positions.

I likely wouldn’t even enjoy a cup of coffee with DJT. Albeit I do enjoy his sons.

I am not going to support him in the Primary…a true measure of liking the ‘person.’

I certainly will cast a vote for him in the General if he is the Republican nominee. And, his policy in general is pretty sound for the well being of the Republic.

What I can’t understand is how any businessman, outdoorsman, shooter, Second Amendment supporter, or American traditionalist could ever consider NOT voting for the GOP candidate…even if it were just a vote against the Democrats being in executive control…which is an enemy to all the above.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the old days, it was a truism to avoid Asian land wars. I doubt much has changed.

North America would be no different, with the proverbial rifle behind every blade of grass.
It would have to be ground into powder with artillery first.

Wasn't Zelansky's first move, to open the armories and distribute AK47s?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roland,
Why would you call him my hero? From the usual suspects here…I pay no attention. But you generally pay pretty close attention to folks true positions.

I likely wouldn’t even enjoy a cup of coffee with DJT. Albeit I do enjoy his sons.

I am not going to support him in the Primary…a true measure of liking the ‘person.’

I certainly will cast a vote for him in the General if he is the Republican nominee. And, his policy in general is pretty sound for the well being of the Republic.

What I can’t understand is how any businessman, outdoorsman, shooter, Second Amendment supporter, or American traditionalist could ever consider NOT voting for the GOP candidate…even if it were just a vote against the Democrats being in executive control…which is an enemy to all the above.

What policy? His “we will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it” policy? Or his “I’ll drain the swamp” policy”? “Putin is a genius, Kim is a nice guy, I can do business with the Iranians”. Like ALL politicians, Trump promises the moon, sun, and stars and delivers nothing but a flashlight with a dead battery. With a choice of Trump or Biden, I’ll sit this one out and leave it to the night shift to fix….

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roland,

What policy? His “we will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it” policy? Or his “I’ll drain the swamp” policy”? “Putin is a genius, Kim is a nice guy, I can do business with the Iranians”. Like ALL politicians, Trump promises the moon, sun, and stars and delivers nothing but a flashlight with a dead battery. With a choice of Trump or Biden, I’ll sit this one out and leave it to the night shift to fix….

quote:

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

It's this simple.

https://apnews.com/article/soc...35428c82c0cfa6598444

I'll never vote for this guy.
I'll never vote for this guy because of this and a long list of other reasons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto, Scott.

I don't understand how any patriot would vote for Trump, no matter what party he represents.

Posts: 6134 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . a proud Never Trumper here. Proud to have not voted for Trump in 2016 or 2020. I refuse to support any person so completely devoid of integrity and character. If I cannot vote FOR someone, I’d rather not vote.

Mike

Posts: 21234 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roland,

Another load of horseshit from the horse doctor. This is the same person that has declared Trump to be the greatest President of his lifetime and one of greatest Presidents of all time.

thumbdown

Mike

Posts: 21234 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roland,

quote:

Oh, you mean “this is a horror show” outdoorsman, multiple bankrupt Trump? The only shooting Trump’s ever done is shooting the shit with his buds at Mar A Lago when disclosing Top Secret documents….But he’s damn good at that. pissers

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ditto, Scott.

I don't understand how any patriot would vote for Trump, no matter what party he represents.

I think that's an important point, you/ I/ Doc Lane don't understand. On occasion we all arrive at different conclusions and I can only guess it's because of our different circumstances in different moments in different places having had different experiences.

I don't get it, but more and more I'm ok with that.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Personally I believe all of y’all are playing checkers…when you should be playing chess.

As I look back at the changes that I perceive as bad for our republic…I consistently see them all as coming from the progressive left. Due to urbanization and the social and economic conditions and constraints placed on the majority of the urban populace…socialism is becoming a real threat to the USA. Bernie Sanders actually had the wind of the Democratic Party in 2016 and 2020 self identifying as a “socialist.” While many thought Biden was a moderate…the radical left has pressed him to service with their agenda. The Democratic Party has become the (lower case s) socialist party.

Capitalism is what made me and my family what they are today. Socialism is a threat to the principles that got us there. Further it is a threat to all enterprising young people (like my son) who can, if allowed keep this country above the likes of China, Russia etc.

It was capitalism that made the Greatest Generation who kept the world right in the darkest of modern times. And further it is capitalism that actually defines the “American Dream.”

Besides economics, capitalism enables individualism. Individualism itself has always been a defining trait of Americanism to me. And by individualism, I don’t mean the right to defile oneself with repugnancy as we see so prevalently displayed in our current culture but entrepreneurialism and the desire improve through its nature all the while thriving in both the pride of accomplishment and finnace.

Socialism drags us all down to a common denominator and “I” rebel against it.

Shooting and especially hunting are actually small potatoes…I enjoy them and see them as an aspect essential to the rugged individual spirit that built America but still small in the grand scheme.

The essence of the Second Amendment however IS what sets us apart and without it…we just become another cog in the gear. The Second Amendment defined the nature of men who founded this country against all odds of it occurring. Its spirit is worth saving, enduring, and fighting for.

Albeit, the progressive left dreams at night of ways to weaken and tear it down.

This actually leads me to the real goal of the progressive left which is to break the Constitution (yes not Donald Trump but the left). As Ruth Bader Ginsberg stated: The US Constitution is antiquated and actually a hindrance to progress and if she we going to point a fledgling democracy to an example…it would be that of South Africa. Need I say more?

At the time Donald Trump was elected President…his greatest duty as I could see was to shore up the SCOTUS with solid constitutional conservative Justices. He did do better with this in my opinion than any other (R) POTUS in my lifetime…happy to have that debate with you Mike J.

Other than this, I wanted him to promote capitalism, weaken the bureaucracy, and secure the southern border. He made strides in all the above.

Yes, he caved to whims of Eric’s wife on Africa hunting and I was disappointed in that (as my friend John Jackson always points out…the closest we ever came to a leopard import ban was under GWB as Laura really wanted one) and he was not as fiscally conservative as I would have liked either. Other than that…I really had no complaints.

So yes sir…you can bet your boots that I will continue to ride for the brand of the GOP…even if I might not enjoy a cup of coffee with the man they run. The GOP still stands between whats left of the USA that I know and love and the socialist agenda of the progressive left who the Democratic Party embraces…the true enemy of the US Constitution.

PS: I typed this on my iPhone mini hurriedly before heading off to work (another dirty virtue hated by the left) and am sure I made all types of errors in grammar, general writing and communication. Please forgive and I will edit as I get time.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PS

You are on record willing to vote for a man who called for the suspension of the Constitution, his immediate reinstatement to political power after a due defeat, who gave his CO an Unconstitutional directive to stay in power, and refused to use his due power as Commander in Chief and the DC Guard he sole directs to surpass violence busted upon our Government engaging in the peaceful transfer of power designed to keep him in office.

You are a fool.

Glad to see your devotion to hunting and shooting is so unimportant that when President Turnip betrayed your values on those topics you excuse them. This after you told us how great a friend he was to those topics. The guy who used executive power to ban “bump stocks” and went on the public record how horrible they were. President Obama did not do that.

As the elections post Ham 6 have shown, your brand is making the GOO non-competitive.

Keep playing chess.

Remember when you supported candidate in GA who abused women, children, employees, used firearms in a dangerous manner, and paid for abortions on GA?

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, with respect:

Part of what is causing the malaise in America is people like DJT. You are claiming he is better than Biden. I don’t disagree on a number of policies, but do disagree in totality.

The idea that the country needs to resort to incivility in public life is not a positive arc. Trump gained a lot of support by being as boorish as a number of folks felt the opposition was. Note they were feeling that the media was a large part of the opposition. You never heard BHO or WJC saying so and so should be shot publicly. HRC made herself highly unpopular by saying things like Trump did, saying them first, and allowing Trump to use it as bait. Note the parallels between her and Trump.

While I think it’s human nature to personalize disagreements, DJT has an extraordinarily thin skin that way. It gets in the way of what is right.

Fundamentally, as I see it, Trump is maybe more conservative than the progressives, but he is going to lead us to the same place as they are. Cult of personality, the leader’s personal image is all, bad behavior justified by some slight to the figurehead, and so forth.

Heck, look at your guy DJT Jr going on about Haley now. You state a Republican is better than any democrat, yet your avowed good man is laying the groundwork to play the “if not me, then no one” card that you so despise.

While I refuse to say that I will never vote democrat, because I have in some down ticket races, I do agree with the principle of not voting for someone you don’t agree with on matters of policy. Unfortunately, DJT has tripped that line too many times. That’s part two of my disagreement with him.

He has said things about suspending the constitution that I can’t abide even if he was saying them in jest. He has been hypocritical in his commentary about not taking money for his service (yes he returned his salary, but that was small change to his constant political grifting)… he hypocritically goes on about diplomats appeasing others yet does it himself (see Kim Jong Il and Putin) while telling us that he is sticking up for us. I just can’t trust his judgement.

Frankly, using the Democrat’s populism weapon to fight them is just plain evil. If we do it for him, we will continue to degrade as a nation.

(Like you this was done between cases, and is more than a little rambling and really needs to be contemplated and rewritten, but frankly I don’t think I have the time to do so.)

I have said it before… I will not vote for Trump. I also will not vote for, what for a lack of a better term, a progressive either.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The Democratic Party is the enemy of the United States of America...at least as she has traditionally stood.

Under Trump, we had a good fundamental economy rooted in capitalism, we got 3 conservative Justices, a relatively secure southern border with a plan to make it more secure, a down-play of bureaucratic power, no attacks on the Second Amendment, and no new wars anywhere.

I am unsure of how much better a conservative would want it.

Yes, I was disappointed in the Africa hunting comments and inaction (he just left 0bama's bans in place) on ivory import and bump-stock ban. But, many here say bump-stocks should be banned including Mike J and Joshua (the hypocrite above).

Either a (R) or a (D) will be in executive control.

I am going to vote for the Second Place (R) candidate in the Primary. But make NO mistake I will HAPPILY vote for and SUPPORT whomever the GOP nominee turns out to be.

Any businessman, capitalist, outdoorsman, shooter, Second Amendment supporter, or American traditionalist should do everything within their power to prevent a Democrat from having executive control.

If not and your name is Joshua Wink you are a fool. To the rest I will just say in my opinion you are making an unwise choice...not founded in history.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ditto, Scott.

Roland,
I was not admonishing you for having a different opinion...just stating Trump was my hero. I see him as a tool for the time, aka not a democrat, and nothing more.

Certainly he did do many things right just because "he is not a democrat."

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Under Trump, we had a good fundamental economy rooted in capitalism, we got 3 conservative Justices, a relatively secure southern border with a plan to make it more secure, a down-play of bureaucratic power, no attacks on the Second Amendment, and no new wars anywhere.

We did not have the economy as it appeared, it was rooted in near-zero interest rates that spawned companies that could not pay their own way in a normal interest environment. The bill for that will come due in 2024.

Yes we got 3 conservative justices who claimed to be neutral, but that bill will come due next time Democrats run the House of Representative and want to expand the court from 6-3 to 7-6. Hide and watch. Trump overreached, choosing simple solutions to complex problems. His trademark.

The southern border may have been better than now but was not secure, nor was a 30-foot wall going to be secure against 31-foot ladders.

Bump stocks were banned, opening the Overton Window to include more items than receivers as bannable firearms.

No new wars, but no end to the old ones either, unless we include a deal with the Taliban that assumed that their opposition would fight on against the inheritors of their own government and weapons.

Trump sold whatever we'd buy at wholesale...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

We did not have the economy as it appeared, it was rooted in near-zero interest rates that spawned companies that could not pay their own way in a normal interest environment.

That^^^my friend is the fault of the Fed. However, 2019 was very good for my companies. But we did well through COVID and have had a banner year this year as well. I personally like interest return on cash and thought provoking interest on loans. It was too cheap/easy money (Subprime housing loans) that spawned the 2009 melt down.

The bill for that will come due in 2024.

Maybe. Maybe not. The Fed likes a (D) executive branch and have vowed to cut rates through the election period.

Yes we got 3 conservative justices who claimed to be neutral, but that bill will come due next time Democrats run the House of Representative and want to expand the court from 6-3 to 7-6. Hide and watch.

Maybe…maybe not. I actually kind of doubt it happens.

Trump overreached,

I would been happier if he had got 2 more. Make hay when the sun shines…never count on quarter from the other side.

choosing simple solutions to complex problems. His trademark.

The simplest solutions are usually the best solutions.

The southern border may have been better than now but was not secure,

It was night and day more secure. I have never seen it like it is now. There basically is no border at the moment. But you are correct…there was still much work to do.

nor was a 30-foot wall going to be secure against 31-foot ladders.

If walls weren’t effective to some degree…fence builders would be out of business. Yet, every secure facility in the world relies on them to some degree. The CBP BEGS for more fence. It is a tool…not an end all beat all.

Bump stocks were banned, opening the Overton Window to include more items than receivers as bannable firearms.

I was disappointed with it. I am against the whole 1968 act. I was just pointing out here that many of the Trump haters here piling on…agreed with the bump-stock ban.

No new wars, but no end to the old ones either,

No new and yes…Trump set the end of the Afghanistan War in motion.

unless we include a deal with the Taliban that assumed that their opposition would fight on against the inheritors of their own government and weapons.

While I hear you loud and clear hear and am with you on thinking it was stupid…it is the idiotic intelligence community and military complex that made the recommendation that it would. I don’t know the answer.

Trump sold whatever we'd buy at wholesale...

I kind of see what you mean here and agree he over sells his position. I maintain that his position at its worst is still head and shoulders above that of the democrats.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

unless we include a deal with the Taliban that assumed that their opposition would fight on against the inheritors of their own government and weapons.

While I hear you loud and clear hear and am with you on thinking it was stupid…it is the idiotic intelligence community and military complex that made the recommendation that it would. I don’t know the answer.

There just wasn't going to be a happy ending to the Afghan war.
Afghans seem to like it best when an invader leaves with his tail between his legs.

From Kipling, The Young British Soldier:

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!

TomP

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Afghans seem to like it best when an invader leaves with his tail between his legs.

So-oldier of the Queen!

It could have had,...

"W" squandered the fresh American blood from 9/11 to use as fuel to exterminate the enemy before the mid term elections in his first term as POTUS.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So-oldier of the Queen!

My answer would have been to kill them all.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Democratic Party is the enemy of the United States of America...at least as she has traditionally stood.

Yes, I was disappointed in the Africa hunting comments and inaction (he just left 0bama's bans in place) on ivory import and bump-stock ban. But, many here say bump-stocks should be banned including Mike J and Joshua (the hypocrite above).

I am going to vote for the Second Place (R) candidate in the Primary. But make NO mistake I will HAPPILY vote for and SUPPORT whomever the GOP nominee turns out to be.

Any businessman, capitalist, outdoorsman, shooter, Second Amendment supporter, or American traditionalist should do everything within their power to prevent a Democrat from having executive control.

If not and your name is Joshua Wink you are a fool. To the rest I will just say in my opinion you are making an unwise choice...not founded in history.

You're on fucking Pluto.

You support a candidate who tried to undermine the result of a General Election for the President of the United States through fraud and lies. Who claimed he won (and still does) even though there is zero evidence to support that assertion. None of that is subject to dispute at this point.

Does this not enter into your brain-pan when thinking about who ought to be the POTUS? Doesn't bother you? You don't consider it?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

You're on fucking Pluto.

You support a candidate who tried to undermine the result of a General Election for the President of the United States through fraud and lies. Who claimed he won (and still does) even though there is zero evidence to support that assertion. None of that is subject to dispute at this point.

Does this not enter into your brain-pan when thinking about who ought to be the POTUS? Doesn't bother you? You don't consider it?

Should give you the idea of how I view the Democratic agenda and everyone who helps put them in power.

No I am not from Pluto…I am a 5th generation Texan from a ranching family holding some of the same land my ancestors fought Comanche on. But you could certainly pass for a Plutonian. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:.

Yes we got 3 conservative justices who claimed to be neutral, but that bill will come due next time Democrats run the House of Representative and want to expand the court from 6-3 to 7-6. Hide and watch.

Maybe…maybe not. I actually kind of doubt it happens.

Trump overreached,

I would been happier if he had got 2 more. Make hay when the sun shines…never count on quarter from the other side.

choosing simple solutions to complex problems. His trademark.

The simplest solutions are usually the best solutions.

Ran across these guys, don't know who they are or what resources they have...

https://www.grandstrandactiontogether.org/

They want to re-stack the court the other way, nobody seems to want it nonpartisan...

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . a proud Never Trumper here. Proud to have not voted for Trump in 2016 or 2020. I refuse to support any person so completely devoid of integrity and character. If I cannot vote FOR someone, I’d rather not vote.

So are you saying you didn’t vote in either 2016 or 2020?

Neither side had a candidate with either integrity or character. Sure, it’s obvious now that Trump had neither, but until 2020, one could argue about who was worse.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote