Tools

Military to Mexico Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
The GOP is pushing the abortion debate contrary to public opinion. They want more and more restrictions or an outright ban anywhere and everywhere they can. And they just won't stop....

Of course the Democrats are using the breached portions of the wall for political advantage, it was a flawed plan from the beginning. The traffickers had circumvented the wall within hours of completion, as predicted.

Do tell about the Antelope, I'm not up on that.

The fact is, our gun control is as broken as our immigration policy. You point it out yourself that most of these guys are indeed on the radar, yet the Right fights every step of the way any attempt to stop these nutters from getting guns and killing people. I think a more thorough background check for semi-autos is the least we can do to try to implement "common sense" gun laws.

Tell me the answer because what we are doing sure as hell is not working.

Antelope excuse.

https://www.marca.com/en/lifes...68e3e806d8b458b.html

Water flow, migrating animals, working cattle ranches, native reservations that straddle the border are just a few of the problems with the wall. It is just not an idea that works.

Hell of campaign slogan though.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:

Antelope excuse.

As much as I really don't like lending credence to the authoratarian RFK Jr,

his quote from the article is spot on, "... crippled by corruption and politics"

Also surprising to me has been AZ's Senator (D)Kyrsten Sinema's outspoken stance, along with powerhouse Democrats like New York's Governor Hochul, and NYC's Mayor Adams.

Maybe the worm has turned...

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
quote:

Antelope excuse.

As much as I really don't like lending credence to the authoratarian RFK Jr,

his quote from the article is spot on, "... crippled by corruption and politics"

Also surprising to me has been AZ's Senator (D)Kyrsten Sinema's outspoken stance, along with powerhouse Democrats like New York's Governor, and NYC Mayor Adam's.

Maybe the worm has turned...

Senator Sinema has been an interesting watch. Since she changed her party affiliation to I, she has moderated her views on lots of stuff important to Arizona.

Not sure if its because she needs support from the middle now or its really who she is?

She was always a bit nutty as a local politician. She dressed bazar and acted like tinker-bell.

It's conveniently easy for those fella's is here that like in non-border states to say its no big deal. But I promise you, this is a Nation altering event.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve howdy,

I stand corrected, I had forgotten she was an (I) now.

Her transformation came about after those social justice whackjobs followed her into a public bathroom and accosted her while she was taking a break from teaching or speaking at a class on the campus of a public university.

She got just a little taste of what the other side of the aisle had been dealing with for sometime, and she flat didn't like it.

An "ah ha" moment I would presume.

She still caucus' with the Dems, but on this subject maybe there's hope for her yet.

It was 117.3° here the other day and 116.8° a couple days before, hope ur boat didn't melt Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The GOP wants far, far more than a 12-14 week abortion ban. After crying this is a States Rights issue, now they want a nation wide ban, to remove the abortion pill and more. Your team, the GOP has taken an extreme position. The vast majority of voters feel this way. See the recent ballot initiative in Ohio.

We need a secure border on that we can agree. I would say a wall has proven to be failure.

I have not advocated banning AR's, I do think more restrictions and more thorough background checks on them is needed.

I'm a single shot rifle guy myself, not much use for repeaters beyond bolt guns which do not do much for me either.

Something special about only having one shot to get the job done, then I like muzzleloaders as well.

The change in US gun culture in the last 20 years has not been positive. I see nothing good about the militarization of sporting arms. Others are free to disagree.

Unlike the nutty leftist in here, I can admit when I think "my side" is wrong. On the outright abortion ban, I think its political suicide. It's my belief that America could come to agreement on 12-14 weeks or even what Pence advocated for in the debate, "when a fetus feels pain" who could argue that?

Trumps border wall was getting desired results. If you aren't willing to admit he had a much better handle on the border than what we have now, there's no further discussion on immigration needed.

I'm sure you've seen the photo's of the wall with sections welded open? They Democrats are using the excuse that it's for migrating Antelope.

The problems with most of these mass shootings is mental health and the advocacy of prescription psychotropic medication.

"Most" mass shooters are/were on the radar of officials, LEO or even the FBI. More laws aren't the answer.

Great post!

Thank you for taking the time.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much of the wall money and time was spent rebuilding EXISTING wall that had falling into disrepair. The plan was to build new wall that would funnel illegals so it was easier to monitor.
It was never about a continues wall, that was a lefty talking point people fall for, still, by the sounds of some here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The military COULD control the border…desperately needed. The drug cartels are very similar to the Taliban. Eliminating them would eliminate the want for Mexican citizens to come to the USA. Mexico sans cartels…is a nice place.

far more complicated than your simplistic analyzation. You leave out the biggest driving factor for illegal immigration, the ability to provide a higher standard of living for your family here in the States. People want to come here so they can live a better life, you can earn far more money here than in Mexico. That is the motivation for coming here, removing the cartels does nothing to change that.

Ahh ye of little knowledge of Mexico.

Remove the cartel control…all of the above can and will occur in Mexico. Mexico is a nice place. Traditional Mexican people are good solid God fearing, hard working conservatives.

It is the corruption bought and paid for by the cartels that keeps Mexico from advancing.

Total bullshit. I'm sure waiting a few generations seems workable to most folks living in poverty.

Captain clueless is on the job again.

You are the one clueless. I do business in Mexico and on the border.

Yep, it would not happen overnight but the longterm KEY to helping Mexico is ridding them of the cartels.

That country is ripe to thrive! Mexico is a nice place…sans the cartels. Most Mexican people would actually prefer to live in Mexico. They are very nationalistic. They need help with the burden of the drug cartels.

The drug cartel only success is because of you lot!

Stop using and the cartel will go bankrupt! clap

Or legalize and tax drugs.

The "drug war" has been going on for pretty close to close to 60 years.

How does it seem to be going?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve howdy,

Her transformation came about after those social justice whackjobs followed her into a public bathroom and accosted her while she was taking a break from teaching or speaking at a class on the campus of a public university.

She got just a little taste of what the other side of the aisle had been dealing with for sometime, and she flat didn't like it.

She still caucus' with the Dems, but on this subject maybe there's hope for her yet.

It was 117.3° here the other day and 116.8° a couple days before, hope ur boat didn't melt Big Grin

I threw a blade on a propeller at 135 MPH in May. Took till a month ago to get a new one. We're heading to Havasu in a week or two. We boat deep into November.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Steve howdy,

I threw a blade on a propeller at 135 MPH in May. Took till a month ago to get a new one. We're heading to Havasu in a week or two. We boat deep into November.

I'm guessing it still went 125mph on the way back to the trailer. Big Grin

Have fun at Havasu.

I'm thinking about a trip to the Imperial sand dunes, Buttercup, or Glamis in November. I like to go fast too, but my toys have brakes. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Water is a pretty good brake.....

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote