Find
Notify
Tools

What's in a boycott? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://www.newsweek.com/bud-l...ion-one-week-1803836

I never know what to make of consumer boycotts or the media coverage. I have been under the impression past coverage has had a lot of anonymous sources, former employee opinions and hopefully editorialism.

According to Newsweek Inbev has lost 20% since March.

Ouch.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Go woke, go broke. A $4 billion hit to stock price in one week is significant. tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conservatives are beer drinkers, enough said. don't mess with your base.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine what marketing guru was stupid enough to think Bud Lite should be marketed as tranny fluid. 2020 cuckoo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The really hard part is the companies that followed it!!

May these companies are run by normal American VOTERS!

You know, the ones who picked Trump and Biden! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I drink Lone Star at the house. I like Coors regular as well. Those are seldom carried at restaurants. I often drank Michelob Ultra at meals out. Way down on my list of preferences in beer is Miller Lite also almost always stocked by restaurants.

Here lately (in hot summer I don’t like heavy crafts) I been drinking a lot of Lite Beer from Miller!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll enjoy most any brand of beer out of a buddy's cooler. But when I buy beer, lately it's Bud Lite. I switched brands because of all the BS. beer pissers

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
I'll enjoy most any brand of beer out of a buddy's cooler. But when I buy beer, lately it's Bud Lite. I switched brands because of all the BS. beer pissers

You only have $4B dollars worth to drink to help out. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

What? A contrarian like you buying budlite?!?!?!?!
I can't believe it! Big Grin

It seems around here this specific topic has been beaten to death, I think the only point I had was to say it seems in this case a consumer boycott has real consequences. I have been previously skeptical.

I think it was the gunwriter Jim Charmichel years ago that expressed contrary views regarding assault rifles and subsequently had to duck and run for cover due to the consumer backlash. Other than that example, I can think of none I was under the impression were very effective.

I don't feel any ill will towards Ambev, but no I don't have any in the fridge.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

No big surprises. Support your sisterhood…. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe you......with all your estrogen......of course you drink bud light.....

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote