THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    For House Speaker the White Supremacist Beats the Degenerate

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For House Speaker the White Supremacist Beats the Degenerate Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
So Steve Scalise, who described himself as "David Duke without the baggage" because he had never actually been the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan beat Gyn Jordan, famous for naming a Post Office (his sole legislative achievement in 13 years) and ignoring the sexual abuse of his wrestlers at Ohio State, to be the Republican Nominee for House Speaker.

With only Republicans voting Scalise got 113 votes, 5 fewer than he'll need to become Speaker.

Trump had endorsed Jordan.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not clear Scalise can get the votes, MTG says she's still voting for Jordan, at least three other Republicans have said they won't vote for Scalise.

Of course, they ARE Republicans so they may have been voting for him as they said it.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Six of one, half dozen of the other. Both are brain-dead asshats.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Six of one, half dozen of the other. Both are brain-dead asshats.

As of now there are seven Republicans saying they won't vote for Scalise, but we'll have to see what they get offered, this is just the auction stage.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The GOP is now pushing a guy who called himself David Duke without the baggage. Will they now stop lying about being the racist shitbags they are?

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From his starting point of being at least 4 votes short of winning it now appears that Scalise is losing ground and may be as many as 9 short.

Kitara Santos is REALLY mad he wouldn't guarantee to squelch the effort to expel him driven by the rest of the Republican delegation from New York who fear that he will drag them all down to defeat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I havnt paid attention.
Is Hakeem Jefferies speaker yet as you predicted?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I havnt paid attention.

It's in complete disarray, yesterday they adjourned after 2 1/2 minutes, today only took 2.

Republicans can't even govern Republicans.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I havnt paid attention.

It's in complete disarray, yesterday they adjourned after 2 1/2 minutes, today only took 2.

Republicans can't even govern Republicans.

They seem to be the CLUSTERFFUCK PARTY, EH?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed the Last 3 Republican House Speakers have been forced out by a minority but wing of the Party. The part Dr. Easter praises.

John Boehner, my personal favorite,
Paul Ryan very intelligent, moderate, capable,
and now
Kevin McCarthy.

I did predict this on here w McCarty. He made a deal making himself a glorified figurehead who needed to be afraid of his own shadow. He shredded to make the Speakership a warm bucket of spit. He works, like an adult, w Dems having only a 5 vote majority to pass something that should have been passed months ago. His reward the Nut Sub party took his political head.

The GOP cannot function.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the GOP had a reasonable majority, this would be a nonissue. There are always some variations within the party.

That was Trump’s legacy. He torpedoed a normal substantial gain in an off year election to a minimal majority.

If the lead in the house was like 40 seats, the small group of those who won’t play well with others would be a nonfactor.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is not a single Republican left in the House that Democrats could trust to keep any deal made to get the necessary votes to be Speaker.

If Hakeen Jeffries makes a deal with 4 or 5 Republicans to be elected Speaker I, and the vast majority of Democrats, would expect him to honor it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"David Duke without the baggage" has given up, ends bid to be Speaker.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/sru3rHFmtLw?si=a9CIcS0nX9KOEli3
Steve Scalise Drops Out Of Running For Next Speaker Of The House 27 minutes ago

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just means one of the Taylor, Gaetz, Boebert, Jim Jordan faction is closer to the Speaker’s Chair.

Jim Jordan would have been prosecuted in most states. See all those who went down in Michigan and at Pen State not reporting Sandusky.

Most states have mandatory reporting laws for School personnel concerning abuse of minor students or face felony charges. It is time to extend those requirements to College campuses.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I find these criticisms of the GOP legislature to be not helpful.

Make MTG the Speaker. Front it, advocate it, promote it. JDollar and M.E. voted for her, how bad could she be? Big Grin

The sooner the GOP dissolves the better.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clown car.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I find these criticisms of the GOP legislature to be not helpful.

Make MTG the Speaker. Front it, advocate it, promote it. JDollar and M.E. voted for her, how bad could she be? Big Grin

The sooner the GOP dissolves the better.

People who don't pay attention think if the Republican Party folded its tent and went out of business tomorrow we would have one-party rule.

If Republicans disappeared at Noon tomorrow by 3 P.M. Democrats would split into two or three separate parties.