THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    As A Republican, I'm Still Embarrassed By These MAGA Fools
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As A Republican, I'm Still Embarrassed By These MAGA Fools Login/Join 
one of us
posted
It is unbelievable to me how the MAGA assholes like Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Kevin McCarthy, etc. can be given two opportunities to step away from Donald Trump (January 6th being the first) and yet be too scared to do it.

Common thought is that they need Trump's "base" to get elected, yet Trump has shown he doesn't have a large enough base to get himself elected. The mid-terms showed he didn't have the following to create his "red wave" either.

Yet these highly educated men still refuse to get off their knees, and get their nose out of Trump's ass.

I don't get it. They are probably one election cycle away from respectability if only they would act like grown men.

The only power Trump has after four indictments, is the power to keep all these educated men attached to his dick. If he loses that power, it is all over for Bone Spur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6gEysL3jg

These "highly-educated" MAGA flip-floppers aren't the future of the Republican Party. Can't be. They are just the circus clowns we'll all remember as an embarrassment to the Party of Lincoln.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These "highly-educated" MAGA flip-floppers aren't the future of the Republican Party. Can't be.

Uh

Denial is not the river in Egypt.

Yes, they are the future of the GOP.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19801 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
It is unbelievable to me how the MAGA assholes like Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Kevin McCarthy, etc. can be given two opportunities to step away from Donald Trump (January 6th being the first) and yet be too scared to do it.

Common thought is that they need Trump's "base" to get elected, yet Trump has shown he doesn't have a large enough base to get himself elected. The mid-terms showed he didn't have the following to create his "red wave" either.

Yet these highly educated men still refuse to get off their knees, and get their nose out of Trump's ass.

I don't get it. They are probably one election cycle away from respectability if only they would act like grown men.

The only power Trump has after four indictments, is the power to keep all these educated men attached to his dick. If he loses that power, it is all over for Bone Spur.

These "highly-educated" MAGA flip-floppers aren't the future of the Republican Party. Can't be. They are just the circus clowns we'll all remember as an embarrassment to the Party of Lincoln.

There's nothing remotely Republican about you. However, you do seem consumed more than most here with an anti-Trump sentiment which seems consistent with obsessive behavior often present amongst older people with declining mentalities. Maybe a new hobby like the crossword puzzle or Sidoku would help pass your days a little easier.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rest my case.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19801 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My parents were Eisenhower Republicans. I can't speak for them, and they can't speak for themselves, but I think they'd be dismayed...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14392 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
These "highly-educated" MAGA flip-floppers aren't the future of the Republican Party. Can't be.

Uh

I'm not so sure about that. All it will take is one or two election cycle shellackings for the republicans to pull their heads out of their asses.

Assuming those shellackings happen.

I personally have come to the conclusion that trump is going to jail if he lives through the lengthy appellate process that is coming.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:

There's nothing remotely Republican about you. However, you do seem consumed more than most here with an anti-Trump sentiment which seems consistent with obsessive behavior often present amongst older people with declining mentalities. Maybe a new hobby like the crossword puzzle or Sidoku would help pass your days a little easier.

Boy, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I dunno what is. You're one of the yahoos that trump was talking about when he gave his "I could shoot somebody on Main street and they would still vote for me". You lack the capacity to understand what sort of activities undermine the fabric of democracy and our country. trump is literally going to permanently damage or destroy our country if he is elected again.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Uh

I'm not so sure about that. All it will take is one or two election cycle shellackings for the republicans to pull their heads out of their asses.

Assuming those shellackings happen.

The scary thing is that Trump could win. Even with a remote chance, that's scary.

And --- did we know in advance that so many of our fellow Americans were so vulnerable to a Trump-like cult leader?

I think there was no predicting it. Why? It was there all along. We just didn't see it coming. I think we (collectively) are still naive.

Shellackings????

How's that work for people who righteously believe the end justifies the means, and zero-sum?

IMO, we assumed too much, gave them credit not deserved - for several things - rational, for one.

I, for one, presumed that the things we all had in common extended into more things than it actually did.

I think anyone who is not Trump's MAGAots should assume the worst scenario trajectory of how this will end, and do what can be done legally to stop it.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That there is a remote chance Trump can win is wholly on the democrats.

You guys like to say it on the GOP, but the divided politics takes two to tango.

The Dems have doubled down on divisive leftist policies.

The Democratic Party of today is not the Democrat party of WJ Clinton, let alone the party of JFK.

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't see it Doc.

You just saying and believing it doesn't persuade me.

Divided politics has generally always happened. But there is no way for Trumpism to be a factor and NOT be divided to a whole new toxic level. In most part, the reason for that is not a lack of willingness to reconcile on the part of most Americans, but because the core, the energy, the essence of Trumpism is division. Without that energy, us vs them, toxic nationalism, christofascism, and all the associated toxic BS, Trumpism wouldn't exist.

IMO, there is no reconciling with Trumpism.

So, which is it - the cart before the horse, or the other way around?

As I said/suggested, blaming it on the Dems is a form of projectionism.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
If the Dems would put up a good middle of the road candidate trump would have no chance, but they seem as entrenched as the R's are with Trump.

If trump wins the rest of the world at least has something to laugh at for 4 years, not much fun for the US though.

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some think a guy like Manchin is middle.

I say BS.

Biden is about as middle as it gets for now. But he's already appeased the far left too much to get there.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you think Biden is in the middle, then you need to refresh your geography re Egypt again.

He’s been consistently to the left on his politics since the 70’s.

Again, the same holds for the GOP. Find a nice guy middle of the road type and Biden would lose in a landslide worse than Mondale.

Manchin is a bit too local special interest for me to necessarily state he’s middle of the road. He bases so many of his statements on good for his constituents… it doesn’t really give you an idea what he personally thinks. That said, that he is concerned about that makes him way better than either 45 or 46.

quote:
Some think a guy like Manchin is middle.

I say BS.

Biden is about as middle as it gets for now. But he's already appeased the far left too much to get there.

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Boy, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I dunno what is. You're one of the yahoos that trump was talking about when he gave his "I could shoot somebody on Main street and they would still vote for me". You lack the capacity to understand what sort of activities undermine the fabric of democracy and our country. trump is literally going to permanently damage or destroy our country if he is elected again.

You think DJT is the dangerous one? If you weren't a smart guy I'd figure you for a dumb one. Which party weaponized the federal government again? Which party and its actors have rent asunder the culture on the basis of race? Which party wants a one world government? Which party refuses to solidify the border and immigration?
Which party is responsible for untold thousands of deaths due to fentanyl freely flowing over our southern border? Which party sends unvetted migrants by air and by bus to all corners of the country where third world diseases are now being seen? Which party routinely acts in ways which clearly indicate a two-tiered system of justice here? Which party and its President has ties to China and Russia and clearly has benefitted financially from those ties? The list is simply too long. And I think you are too disingenuous to admit this is all courtesy of your Democrat party and its members in DC.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which party weaponized the government? Both.

Which party is dealing with things based on race? Democrats… the GOP is more on religion.

One world government? Both.

Refuses to solidify the border? Both.

Sends them all over the country? Right now the GOP.

Two tiered justice? Both. Just who gets treated better is different.

Ties to China/Russia/ME/“foreign special interests”? Both.

Trump is every bit as much a part of the problem.

Trump wanted the FBI/DOJ to go after folks he thought were trouble makers as well… lock her up…

I will grant that Trump only sees green, so race really wasn’t his problem. A rich black woman (K. Kardashian) got just as much special treatment as any rich white dude from him.

One world government? Trump was all for it when it got him payments or out of bad deals.

The border? Instead of really fixing it, Trump went for a wall, that while better than nothing, was a useless long term solution.

The GOP/ Trump allies like the TX governor are the ones shipping them around… admittedly to try and share the pain, but it’s still causing issues.

Two tiered justice? Just how did Trump address this at all. He used it in his favor in his businesses for decades.

Foreign interests? Trump has business dealings with all sorts of places. While Kushner has some actual ability as far as finance, you can’t deny he got a bunch of deals because his FIL was president and he was in a position of influence. He’s Hunter, only with some legitimate business talent.

Trump really isn’t defensible, he’s just able to be justified by comparison to other politicians… which is not making him right, even if I see the comparison.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Doc

You are forgetting the hateful lies and negative campaign by GWB's team against Al Gore & John Kerry. Even more so the hate against Obama with the birthers and the guys using to scripture on Tshirts to spread hate.

There is nothing radical or leftist about the Democratic party in the US. Even Bernie Sanders is centre. The Democratic party is more right wing than any party in Europe.

If you consider the Global Majority, the American political values are far right at probably 4%. I do not know of many countries that are more right wing - Saudi Arabia may be.

quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

You guys like to say it on the GOP, but the divided politics takes two to tango.

The Democratic Party of today is not the Democrat party of WJ Clinton, let alone the party of JFK.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Doc

You just defended Trump's criminality with all that BS.

Obama and Biden have had a safer border than any GOP president in the last 30 years.

GOP is a racist party and has no foundation on the teachings of Jesus Christ. The so called Evangelicals do not believe in The Good Samaritan or Matthew 25. They do not believe in 1 Corinthians 13 either.

The Southern Baptist Church is a right wing cult group. They have excommunicated the Saddleback church. Can you believe that!

The history of the SBC is racism and white supremacy. They have repeatedly broken away from other Baptist groups based on race for over 170 years.

Read this again

https://www.politicalorphans.c...icalism-is-so-cruel/

quote:
Which party weaponized the government? Both.

Which party is dealing with things based on race? Democrats… the GOP is more on religion.

One world government? Both.

Refuses to solidify the border? Both.

Sends them all over the country? Right now the GOP.

Two tiered justice? Both. Just who gets treated better is different.

Ties to China/Russia/ME/“foreign special interests”? Both.

Trump is every bit as much a part of the problem.

Trump wanted the FBI/DOJ to go after folks he thought were trouble makers as well… lock her up…

I will grant that Trump only sees green, so race really wasn’t his problem. A rich black woman (K. Kardashian) got just as much special treatment as any rich white dude from him.

One world government? Trump was all for it when it got him payments or out of bad deals.

The border? Instead of really fixing it, Trump went for a wall, that while better than nothing, was a useless long term solution.

The GOP/ Trump allies like the TX governor are the ones shipping them around… admittedly to try and share the pain, but it’s still causing issues.

Two tiered justice? Just how did Trump address this at all. He used it in his favor in his businesses for decades.

Foreign interests? Trump has business dealings with all sorts of places. While Kushner has some actual ability as far as finance, you can’t deny he got a bunch of deals because his FIL was president and he was in a position of influence. He’s Hunter, only with some legitimate business talent.

Trump really isn’t defensible, he’s just able to be justified by comparison to other politicians… which is not making him right, even if I see the comparison.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki, you really don’t get it.

You have no clue if the border is safer under Biden.

What is your definition of “safer”?

If you mean less illegals dying, you would be wrong. More are dying with Biden (mainly due to more coming).

Obama I’m not sure about. Trump’s main success was during Covid when no one was moving at all, which while it was safer than it’s been for a long time had f-all to do with Trump. Trump was acting like the democrats in he was “just doing something!” about the border with his wall.

If you mean less smuggling of illicit items, you would be wrong. The Biden administration’s information is very specifically worded.

Hateful lies about Kerry and Gore? Somehow I don’t recall those.

The GOP racist? I don’t buy that. Some members? Sure. So too with the democrats. More than the democrats? Depends on whose ox is being gored. Despite its intentions, affirmative action is racist. Basing things on your race is the definition of racism.

That you deny that the democrats are left of center because of your beliefs in politics or other countries views, well, the largest country in the world (China) is communist, so it’s pretty hard to be a leftist more so than that. The only meaningful comparison is within the US when discussing US politics, and the democrats are the mainstream party of the left. That Sanders and AOC insist on putting other labels on themselves while still running as democrats shows that to be the case.

Other countries that might be less politically conservative is a nonissue.

Any nation that still pledges allegiance to a monarchy has some baggage that is politically reactionary. Their elective politics can be left of center, but it’s a mishmash of items.

Your homeland of India is another example. All kinds of contradictions to your claim that the US is politically right of them. What they say while running is not how they govern. If India is so wonderfully progressively governed, why are so many of its best and brightest emigrating to western lands (like you…)

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
The GOP and its former cultural and idgeological iterations in the last 170 plus years has been defined by race. From slavery to civil rights movement to Charlottesville to Jan 6, the GOP has been characterized by hate and racial profiling. The GOP is controlled by old white men.

The GOP is the apex leader of criminal oligarchy and global domination.

Obama and Biden had better border control. They deported more illegals than Trump. This is official stats. The GOP uses immigrations as a boogeyman to scare the voters.

A porous border means more smuggling. GOP is the reason.

Which party is Desantis? Whom did he put on flights and send them where?

Why is the GOP harassing Hunter with no evidence when Kushner and Ivanka made billions from Saudi and China. How many tiers is that?

Who was the president closeted in the oval office with Russian intelligence and no American officials present?

Which party keeps quiet about top secret documents copied to a computer?

Who was the president who flushed offical documents in the toilet?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the only republican biden can beat is trump -

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38515 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let’s be honest: Trump may have been the Republican candidate for president but his policies were (and continue to be) inconsistent with traditional Republican policies and ideology. Unfortunately the Republican Party exists in name only and has become a party professing authoritarian rule.

Posts: 870 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm comfortable taking responsibility and yes, I do believe it's the GOP's and my fault for Trump.

As I've said many times, I never once voted for or supported the guy, but I have always voted Republican or conservative.

It is up to the leadership in the GOP to be picking and fronting so.e good candidates. It is up to me and the rest of the conservatives to support and vote for good candidates.

I'm just happy to walk away from the GOP completely if they can't wash the Trump off their hands.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t disagree that the GOP needs to divest itself of Trump.

As a Republican I feel somewhat responsible that my party is allowing him to possibly get a nomination… that being said, the only people DJT can beat in a general election are Hillary Clinton and possibly Joe Biden.

I’m doing my best to see that Trump isn’t the GOP candidate, but I may well lose that fight if polling is to be believed.

Then it’s wholly on the democrats, as Trump can only beat those two choices.

If as a democrat voter you want to insure Trump doesn’t win, put up a moderate candidate. You win in a landslide against Trump, and from what I saw on the debate, you have a decent chance against any of the others. I didn’t see any breakout charisma on that stage…

I saw some things I liked, but none were a Barack Obama or a Ronald Reagan.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The GOP and its former cultural and idgeological iterations in the last 170 plus years has been defined by race. From slavery to civil rights movement to Charlottesville to Jan 6, the GOP has been characterized by hate and racial profiling. The GOP is controlled by old white men.

Naki, where are you getting your history lessons from?

As I recall, slavery was abolished under Abe Lincoln, some piece of paper called the Emancipation Proclamation, and, if I remember correctly, Lincoln was a Republican!

It was on December 14, 1863, when House Republican James Ashley of Ohio introduced an amendment to ban slavery throughout the United States.

13th Amendment - Abolished slavery. Supported by 100% of the Republicans and 23% of the Democrats.

So, Naki, tell us again which is the party of Racists?

I'll give you a clue, it starts with 'D'.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
As A Republican,.

quote:

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lincoln's party was liberal and not conservative.

The parties changed platforms particularly in the south and after civil rights movement.

I am referring to the right wing conservative ideology.

So many here are against Trump and the current state of the GOP. But the strategists and leaders of the GOP have been pushing further right for 30 years. Nute Gingrich, Carl Rove and others were creating divisions, negative campaigns, false allegations and worse. Remember the racist birtherism?

The Trump base has been getting all such hate and negative comments for decades. Trump has normalized that. He has brought it into the open. Remember how bullying in schools became a big issue after 2016 debates as kids were imitating Trump.

My earlier observations are valid. The GOP has been controlled by old white men. Now the base of bigoted, ignorant rabble has them by their balls.

quote:
Originally posted by k-22hornet.:
Naki, where are you getting your history lessons from?

As I recall, slavery was abolished under Abe Lincoln, some piece of paper called the Emancipation Proclamation, and, if I remember correctly, Lincoln was a Republican!

It was on December 14, 1863, when House Republican James Ashley of Ohio introduced an amendment to ban slavery throughout the United States.

13th Amendment - Abolished slavery. Supported by 100% of the Republicans and 23% of the Democrats.

So, Naki, tell us again which is the party of Racists?

I'll give you a clue, it starts with 'D'..

.[/QUOTE]

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Right wing ideology is morally bankrupt. The ideals are dead empty shells.

Look at the debate. All the candidates are cozying up to Trump and his MAGA base. Without that base the GOP cannot win. Cannot even get 25% of national voters.

Just think about that. Are you really proud of your conservative agenda, values etc. when the majority of the party are hateful, ignorant and bigoted?

All of them want to pardon Trump. They dance around his criminal indictments. What happened to the party of law and order?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:

The parties changed platforms particularly in the south and after civil rights movement.

What DATE did it happen?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
...and aside from 2 dixiecrats,

Of the 535 congressmen in 1964

Name (list) the Republican members who voted FOR the 1964 Civil Rights Act and then ultimately died as registered Democrats.

Then, list the members of the Democrat party who voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act and then ultimately died as registered Republicans.

Posts: 2969 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obama and Biden had better border control. They deported more illegals than Trump. This is official stats.

The problem with this particular claim, Naki, according to the Los Angeles Times, who by the way isn't your typical far-right conservative outlet, that said if not for the Obama administration's changing the definition of "Deported" they most likely would not have been record setter in this category...

From SNOPES:

"However, that statistic is somewhat misleading, as a significant portion of it was due to a change in the way "deportations" are defined that began during the Bush administration, not in the actual number of persons turned out of the U.S. As the Los Angeles Times noted, if not for that change in definition about what constitutes a "deportation," the Obama administration likely would not have been a record-setting one in this area:"

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Deny and dismiss is the play book of the Far Right. Trying to rewrite history is so stale that it does not even deserve a response.

The below is just some historical facts that the Far Right will deny and obfuscate. No specific date. It happened over a period of time. You all know it but still want to deny it.

The KKK and racist ideology in the US was Democrat in the 1850s to 1920s and later. Today white Supremacy is totally Far Right Republican.

https://www.livescience.com/34...witch-platforms.html

https://www.studentsofhistory....c-Republican-parties

There is a lot more info available if you really want to know the truth.

BTW Donal Trump was a life long Democrat and stood for President in the 2012 Primaries. Remember?

Elizabeth Warren was a Republican once.
Rick Perry was a Democrat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An unadulterated quote from your first source:

"So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power."

Hunter, you will notice this is 100 years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I thought we were discussing modern iterations?

An unadulterated quote from your second source: (snicker...)

"However, upon hearing Goldwater’s argument against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the majority of Black voters left the Republican Party in favor of the Democrats. They saw the Democratic Party as advocates for equality and justice, while the Republicans were too concerned with keeping the status quo in America."

Okay Hunter, so the parties flipped because of a (1) speech from Barry Goldwater.

All of those Black Americans must have been pretty pissed off when they saw who ACTUALLY voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and even more pissed when they saw who voted against it, especially after they changed parties, lol...

Dosen't it cause you to take pause and maybe even wonder aloud, if Blacks were so swayed by one rhetoric filled speech before the vote, how is it then that they weren't equality swayed by the facts on the ground during the vote, and switch back?

C'mon man, you're one of India's brightest, I was hoping for something a bit more substantial...

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deny and dismiss is the play book of the Far Right.

blah blah blah

What DATE did it happen, sir?

feel free to use day/month/year or month/day/year - i can read either -- PROVIDE A DATE

- i do find it interesting that you have already inverted to veiled insults when merely asked for a date to support your position

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

100%.

Clownsco, A Republican? animal

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Southern Strategy is well documented if you want a name of a prominent Democrat in the South that switched Parties as the Parties realigned:

Sen. Storm Thurmond. He switched from Democrat to Republican in 1964. He filibustered the Civil Rights Act in 1957. He also voted against it in 1964. Thurmond switch was due to Goldwater refusing to support the Civil Rights Act. Goldwater ran for President in 1964.

Goldwater, the most prominent Senate Republican along with his buddy Thurmond made 2 Senate Republican who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

If the reactionary, MAGA, we are the real Americans had their way the Supreme Court led by Justice Thomas would overturn over 50 years of precedent and allow the discrimination based on race again. Or repeal the Civil Rights Act the election of an enough correct people. Those views would come from Republicans today. None of the above can be disputed.

Let us not forget the Great Society, the Civil Rights Act, and the Voting Rights Act were Democrat President initiatives.

Some peer reviewed reading.

https://academic.oup.com/book/...irectedFrom=fulltext

Low Taxes
Individual Rights
Small Government

Today MAGA Fake Republicans
Big Government forcing pregnancy to term
Big Government voiding consenting adult marriage
Big Government criminalizing consensual sex between consenting adults (but only enforcing those laws against gay people)
Big Government dictating the practice of medicine forcing patients to be de-transitioned against their will
Big Government raising taxes at the state level (KY Super Majority)
Big Government forcing children to deliver pregnancy the result of rape
Tax Breaks that do not affect wage earners paychecks
Complaining about the border but never using legislative majorities to pass anything to resolve the problem they campaigned on

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Ty

You need to get off your lazy ass and do some research like Heym has done.

Ok, I posted 2 references. Do you not have the moral compas to research more.

You do not want to know the truth but want to win arguments with lies. Sounds very familiar

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ty

You need to get off your lazy ass and do some research like Heym has done.

Ok, I posted 2 references. Do you not have the moral compas to research more.

You do not want to know the truth but want to win arguments with lies. Sounds very familiar

So, you won't or can't name a date? Well, that settles it for me, thanks

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:

...and aside from 2 dixiecrats,

That, is how I prefaced the question.

Thanks for the stimulating discussion Hunter, I appreciate your two valuable contributions.

Ironically, you have weakened your own position.

Much obliged.

Have a nice day. wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When all you know about history is a list of dates you know absolutely nothing about history.

Biggest single failure of the American educational system.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9585 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote