Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paganini, further recommendations Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
First, I know this should be posted in the Walter’s General Discussion Subforum. However, given the passing of Walter as one of our host, I did not want to do so. Saeed May delete or move as he sees for. I will not complain.

Second, I just discovered Paganini. I know my benighted cultural education and exposure is insufficient to just now discovered Paganini.

Third, can someone please recommend a contemporary of Paganini to compare and contrast with?

Paganini is fascinating. The historical myth is that folks believed he sold his soul to Satan be a his compositions were so complex and difficult. Paganini refused Last Rights on his death bed. He thought he would survive. Well, he died. The local pastoral authority refuse to let him be buried in consecrated ground. Paganini’s corpse basically bounced around for 50 years bf finally being permanently buried.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
The Donald went down to Georgia, he was lookin' for a soul to steal
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind
And he was willin' to make a deal
When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot
And the Donald jumped up on a hickory stump
And said, "boy, let me tell you what"
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player too
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you
Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy
But give the Don his due
I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul
'Cause I think I'm better than you"
The boy said, "my name's Brandon and it might be a sin
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret
'Cause I'm the best there's ever been"
Brandon, rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard
'Cause Hell's broke loose in Georgia, and the Donald deals the cards
And if you win, you get this shiny fiddle made of gold
But if you lose, the Donald gets your soul
The Donald opened up his case and he said, "I'll start this show"
And fire flew from his tiny fingertips as he rosined up his bow
And he pulled the bow across the strings
And it made a evil hiss
Then a band of demons joined in
And it sounded something like this
When the Donald finished, Brandon said, "well, you're pretty good, ol' son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done"
"Fire on the Mountain" run boys, run
The Don's in the House of the Rising Sun
Chicken in a bread pan pickin' out dough
Granny, does your dog bite? No, child, no
The Donald bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Brandon's feet
Brandon said, "Donald, just come on back if you ever wanna try again
I done told you once you son of a Mitch, I'm the best there's ever been"
He played "Fire on the Mountain" run boys, run
The Donald's in the House of the Rising Sun
The chicken in a bread pan pickin' out dough
Granny, will your dog bite? No child, no

Paganini is a good listen however I haven't a clue of his contemporaries.

There's no shame to my game so I'll admit to becoming aware of his music when it came up in my YouTube feed recently.

How did you come by his music?

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given that Paganini died in 1840, before the invention of the phonograph or other recording apparatus, I have to ask what recordings you two could possibly be listening to?

Robert Johnson, the grandfather of modern blues music, was said to have to have met the devil at a crossroads and traded his soul for great music skill. His song, "Cross Road Blues," was made famous when Cream recorded a version called "Crossroads."

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not recording of the artist, but execution of his compositions by others.

Same, I was listening to Chopin, and YouTube suggested Paganini.

In a pop music realm, a group called Airborne Toxic Event in their bombastic releases does amazing work w dueling violins and cellos.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always wondered why satan gets the rap he does.
He doesnt force anyone to make a deal does he?
Is it because man is so flawed he cant make the choice he should?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking similar last night. Specifically, what would be the effect if Satan repented? How would humanity change? My resolution was we are independent actors. If Satan was not there to tempt, we would tempt one another. This is because Satan’s redemption cannot remove the toxin inherited from Humanity’s original disobedience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Same, I was listening to Chopin, and YouTube suggested Paganini.

Interesting coincidence for sure. Or, was it an algorithm? Or, better yet still, the devil...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought algorithm was of the devil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lol...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I understand.
How do you know there was a toxin from disobedience? Humanity may mean we have flaws, just from being human. Gods image does not mean perfect in all aspects, like God.
Satan is just an excuse, a way of not taking responsibility.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam disobeyed. His sin is inputted unto all of us. It is a drop of toxin in the barrel of water that is out souls.

If Adam could have remained faithful man would not face death. Adam and through him humanity suffered ab immediate severance from God, and the wages of sun is death. A severance only Jesus could heal.

“And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. Therefore, the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.@

God did not want nor permit us to remain in this state. Thus, the plan of a sacrificial son who kept the Old Testament Covenant to perfection, slain, that blood applied to the sin debt of humanity, and resurrected.

Roman’s 5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned."

Thus, even if Satan repents tomorrow, humanity is not off the hook. The toxins of Adam is still present, and must be purged only through the Blood of the only begotten Son of God.

Now, no one has to believe such things. At least, not in this life. Maybe not the next either. That is between the person and eternity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since when does our justice system, which is modeled after the Ten Commandments, hold children liable for the sins or debts of their parents? Why would God hold modern humans guilty of an act allegedly committed 5,000 generations ago?

I don't know if I believe in God, but I know I disbelieve in Satan. One of the few Christian concepts I do believe in is Free Will. The Devil doesn't make us do bad stuff, it's in our nature and what we decide we want to do.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not take it up w me. Take it up with God. I provided the verses for support. Now, that assumes those verses are authoritative and accurate of the condition. Again, it is not my place to make it so for anyone. I am just explaining the point of view, or clarifying the point of view when promoted with scriptural support. I make no broadcast that one must believe or else. If this was seminary, quoting the KJV would not be considered most authoritative source.

The point is because of that inherited taint of sin, we are condemned to sin we can’t make it out wo sinning. It is the source of that “nature” you observe. . Thus, we need salvation through Christ.

If you believe that sort of thing. The choice is the ear and mind of the searcher.

I cannot accept Satan or the Adversary is not real, if I accept God and Jesus. The source of my knowledge clearly identifies him.

The sermon on the mountain is all about making folks who think they do not need redemption realize they stand just as condemned.

Great Britain used to send children to work house bc of the father’s debts.

I also think a lot of folks think when Jesus, again the sacrifice of God’s begotten for the redemption of humanity Jesus, was being crucified Satan thought he was winning. I reject this. I believe Satan knew he was losing which is why folks were goading Jesus to come down.

I too believe in Free Will. The issue was could any human keep the Covenant God made in the Old Testament at least 3x. Our Free Will could not. This, Jesus was provided to do, be slaughtered for it, and resurrected. There is no redemption wo resurrection.

I underscore, no one is required to accept any of this, or my paradigm on the matter.

Believe as one wishes. One is to “work about your own salvation in fear and trembling.” Not so working is an option too.

Ridiculous is that God, Virgin Birth, a perfect and resurrected Demi-God clears the slate created by the fall of one. Ridiculous is that everything is nothing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the source of our selfish animal nature lies in the fact we're animals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not for me to tell you, you are wrong or take that belief away from you.