One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Now THIS (below) is a way to help deter mass shootings. NO deals in the courts! Those deals are a big part of the wrongs that let mass murderers and vicious murders get through our system with 3 hots and a cot which is essentionally a slap on the face. No more mister nice guy. Get back to a fair and speedy trial like it SHOULD be. AND no interviews with the murderer should be shown on TV. This sensationalizes the crime and may be somewhat of a guide to copycatting or if you will a video book on "murder 101". It makes me cringe when I see a MM interview where the interviewer conducts the questions like this person is just another interview. No air time for murderers.
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The ugliness that needs to be seen it these types of millers hanging from a gallows on the courthouse square.

I don't believe for one minta mass murderer considers for one moment the consequences of lack thereof.

They don’t consider it because this generation and the immediate preceding have never had consequences. They don’t understand the concept. That is the problem. They also don’t understand death (or life for that matter) and get an emotional high fantasizing about going out as a martyr.

Teach them what consequences are and what death looks like from a punishment side of things and it will make a difference.

You would need to value both your own life and that of others for this to work. Many of these shooters seem to value neither. I'm not sure how consequences can be meaningful to an individual who places no value on their own life. Notice that many of them either die during the commision of the crime or shortly after by their own hand. Tough to show someone like that consequences.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote