New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should the photos be shown to the public? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted
Today, on tv, was a real gentleman who tried to help the fallen in the Texas massacre. He was helping a mother than was down in some shrubs from a bullet wound. She keep asking about her a child; a little 7 year old girl who was laying on her back some feet away and moaning. The man went to help but could see she was dying. A large pool of blood was coming from her back and chunks of bone and tissue were sprayed on the adjacent wall.

Should Americans be allowed to see this, to actually know what these devastating bullets do to a little girl’ body? A little girl that was just shopping with her mom.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
to actually know what these devastating bullets do to a little girl’ body? A little girl that was just shopping with her mom.

So it is the bullets fault now?

The deranged murderer is not guilty?

No wonder America is in the shit!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, IMO, the media + a lax justice system is the problem. No sane person can condone the mindless murder of a little girl, or anyone for that matter. But a little girl shopping with her Mom brings sensationalism for the media. As to the laxity in the justice system, if these creeps were shot on sight, without benefit of trial, + given no air coverage, perhaps there would not be such an interest in these copy-cat fiascos.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, getting back to your original question; yes, I see no reason that the public can not see the aftermath. Hell, they show us photos of the Holocaust on a regular basis. But here is where the difference lies. The holocaust was for a remembrance that these things could never happen again. The photos by today's media are strictly for political propaganda. Oh, + FIW, a friend of mine was a student at UT when Whitman did his spree + he helped to pull several people out of the line of fire.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
No, absolutely not, no.

Our society is already bathed in blood and gore. Rambo, "Platoon", video games and live action video like police body cameras and other. I think that's part of the lure, seeing what evil can do to a person.

Our mothers wouldn't want our bloody carcasses displayed on the big screen anymore than we'd want our daughters to be. Imagine the anguish of your mutilated kid being shown on video and reading a, " that's awesome!" comment.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott, there you have it in your last comment. NONE of us want to see our children or anyone else's killed by insane people. I understand your concern as I have kids + grandkids myself, + I agree with the problem, though not the government's potential solution. Disarmament of the public factor (militia
) is not the answer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Scott on this one. I say NAY.

Posts: 6160 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Actually, IMO, the media + a lax justice system is the problem. No sane person can condone the mindless murder of a little girl, or anyone for that matter. But a little girl shopping with her Mom brings sensationalism for the media. As to the laxity in the justice system, if these creeps were shot on sight, without benefit of trial, + given no air coverage, perhaps there would not be such an interest in these copy-cat fiascos.

Yes.

But, how are the human vermin are going to make their money?

Years and years of courts?

How would Murdoch and other media moguls make money if they do not scare the people?

I have said it before, shoot the bastards on the spot, and leave them for their families to pick!

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Today, on tv, was a real gentleman who tried to help the fallen in the Texas massacre. He was helping a mother than was down in some shrubs from a bullet wound. She keep asking about her a child; a little 7 year old girl who was laying on her back some feet away and moaning. The man went to help but could see she was dying. A large pool of blood was coming from her back and chunks of bone and tissue were sprayed on the adjacent wall.

Should Americans be allowed to see this, to actually know what these devastating bullets do to a little girl’ body? A little girl that was just shopping with her mom.

I say NO. It is enough to know that people are killed.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
The ugliness and reality would certainly sink in with Americans if they were to see the broken bodies and bone and blood spray. It’s too easy to not feel the severity of the destruction if you only hear about it and don’t get a visual.

I don’t have the solutions for these atrocities, but then I’m not a politician and haven’t promised us that I have all the answers. Maybe if Americans actually saw the destruction caused by these shootings enough pressure would be placed on the elected to do something. I mean every god damn politician has promised change and that they are special leaders. OK, cocksuckers, let’s see you lead.

Ugly events are often not anything more than abstractions. For example, most have heard about the consequences of a default if the debt limit isn’t raised, but I suspect only a handful of Americans have a real concern.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The ugliness that needs to be seen it these types of millers hanging from a gallows on the courthouse square.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should Americans be allowed to see this, to actually know what these devastating bullets do to a little girl’ body?

What do you think a turkey load of TSS would do from an A5 made in 1905. A5 holds 5 shells and can easily be loaded with the off hand while using.

It is NOT the gun!!! It is our sick society!!!!!!!!!

What do you think the bodies crushed by that Land Rover looked like.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe the photos/images should be shown. A disclaimer before showing would be good taste. Folks need to see the results. I still remember the first squirrel I killed, and the lesson from it.

As for Auto 5. That would make short work, but one cannot tried not hold as much ammo as an AR.

We cannot debt the weapons of choice for these mass murders. They are chosen for a reason.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for Auto 5. That would make short work, but one cannot tried not hold as much ammo as an AR.

One can easily carry and shoot 50 rds very quickly. With a 12g A5 almost every shot will account for a deadly hit.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Do the liberals here recognize the gun is it the problem?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it’s particularly pertinent and there would be a lot of propaganda use of it.

I’ve seen more than the usual number of autopsy photos. Frankly, even those are nothing compared to actually seeing, smelling, hearing, etc. the event.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

One can easily carry and shoot 50 rds very quickly. With a 12g A5 almost every shot will account for a deadly hit.

But they are not.

They are using 20 plus button release box Fed semi auto rifles.

Not unplugged snow goose guns.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Still have to hit with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And they are.

You want to see how efficient the Buffalo NY shooter was? I have the video.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:

But they are not.

They are using 20 plus button release box Fed semi auto rifles.

Not unplugged snow goose guns.

They will switch.

Ban one type of gun...the flood gates open. Ask the Aussies.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the OP, when has turning a blind eye to the reality of what happens helped? Pretend it didn't happen" About as useful as thoughts & prayers to just shield the people from it.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And this would accomplish what, exactly? The shooter certainly knew the bullets would do some damage and didn't give a shit. Some voyeuristic types might want to see it. People who have no inclination to shoot little girls will not be swayed in the other direction , and don't need to see this crap. The news could use inflammatory descriptive language, like "these devastating bullets". Like other bullets are not devastating.
Unless you are wanting to encourage inflammatory reporting to garner support for model or caliber specific gun control (that's what it kind of sounds like), there is no purpose served by televising a poor girl's miserable demise. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Back to the OP, when has turning a blind eye to the reality of what happens helped? Pretend it didn't happen" About as useful as thoughts & prayers to just shield the people from it.

You are living in an upside down world!

Just saw a report of a woman calling a man working at Starbucks HE and HE got upset because HE/SHE got misgendered! rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not in good taste (is that still a thing?). The police who cleaned up after Sandy Hook spoke to what they'd seen, did not show it.

A friend of mine watched one of the beheading videos, later told me he wished he had not.

Don't put these images on the internet where the mother will see them. Again.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect most people on this forum are hunters.
I do believe some are here just the create dissent among us but they are few.
Relatively speaking most of us know a 223 is not a very potent round.
A 243 win is 2X a 223.
People will adapt if you take one means away from them to complete there role or agenda.
I spoke earlier just a day after the Allen event that a mass killing took place in Brownsville with the same outcome. About 8 killed and others hurts when a car plowed into people in a buss stop.
Heavy vehicles moving fast are just as deadly.

I would be careful showing these pictures.
The people on this forum that are hunters are very aware of the destruction on organs of a high powered rifle at least the ones that clean their own game.
I know some have people do it for them.
We all believe in quickly dispatching our harvest and in doing so choose appropriate tools to achieve that.
I do not care to see a shot human being. I know what has happened.
My children have been brought up hunting. They know what has happened.
My father was a medic in the army in WW2. He knows what has happened. He does not talk about war.

My solution is take all these people that are violent and have no sense of apathy and drop them all off on a desert island (a rock) and let them kill each other.
Take them off the tax payers dime and conscience.
YOU ARE GOING TO THE ISLAND!! You are going to be food for the inhabitants.

The over the top media exploitation makes me sick as well. Just assists in creating copy cat scenarios.

I do think we as people could find a way who is influencing these disturbed people into doing these awful events.
Specific internet sites.
Then we tread on freedom of speech: I guess??

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Sage words EZ.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Scott, there you have it in your last comment. NONE of us want to see our children or anyone else's killed by insane people. I understand your concern as I have kids + grandkids myself, + I agree with the problem, though not the government's potential solution. Disarmament of the public factor (militia
) is not the answer.

I am with you Norman Conquest.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
And they are.

You want to see how efficient the Buffalo NY shooter was? I have the video.

The rifle can't hit without the nut behind the butt. Put it up.

Again, the only thing that happens with posting body count pics is it elicits a strong emotional response from the public most of whom these days live in urban areas. Yet, the law rests upon reason not emotion.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Saeed I think you misunderstood the intentions of the O.P. which in my asessment 'was should pictures of a child and mother devastated by senseless violence be shown by the media? Many understand his frustration with the string of mass shootings in this country. It's like a damn cult.
Would going public with said images be a deterrant for potential heinous crime? I doubt it.
The mental damage done to children watching it while eating their spaghetti at the dinner table is not worth the risk. So, no.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There have been a number of public murders committed with edged weapons such as machetes, pangas, etc, that have actually been filmed. Edged weapons can be devastating and leave visually horrific wounds.

In most cases, worldwide media have chosen not to show the videos or the wounds suffered by the victims.

If the showing of bullet wounds is a statement in furthering the gun control debate, should we then not also discuss the control of edged weapons? As a matter of fact, edged weapons are much easier to obtain, openly carry and use than are firearms.

It's the perpetrator, and what the criminal justice system does with them, not the weapon of choice.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
A 243 win is 2X a 223.
People will adapt if you take one means away from them to complete there role or agenda.
I spoke earlier just a day after the Allen event that a mass killing took place in Brownsville with the same outcome. About 8 killed and others hurts when a car plowed into people in a buss stop.

The people on this forum that are hunters are very aware of the destruction on organs of a high powered rifle at least the ones that clean their own game.
We all believe in quickly dispatching our harvest and in doing so choose appropriate tools to achieve that.
My father was a medic in the army in WW2. He knows what has happened. He does not talk about war.

My solution is take all these people that are violent and have no sense of apathy and drop them all off on a desert island (a rock) and let them kill each other.

The over the top media exploitation makes me sick as well. Just assists in creating copy cat scenarios.

I do think we as people could find a way who is influencing these disturbed people into doing these awful events.
Specific internet sites.

EZ

5% of the US population hunts. Very very few people have any sort of understanding of the damage a 5.56mm round does to an animal, much less a human body.

In relation to the OP...showing the photos of dead children and others killed in these massacres wouldn't make any difference. I came to this realization after Sandy Hook. If the slaughter of 20 kindergarteners wasn't going to wake people up, nothing will.

Mass shootings are going to continue. We've decided that the civilian population's imaginary need for high-capacity magazine-fed rifles outweighs the horror and tragedy of these killings.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
A 243 win is 2X a 223.

Specific internet sites.

EZ

5% of the US population hunts. Very very few people have any sort of understanding of the damage a 5.56mm round does to an animal, much less a human body.

In relation to the OP...showing the photos of dead children and others killed in these massacres wouldn't make any difference. I came to this realization after Sandy Hook. If the slaughter of 20 kindergarteners wasn't going to wake people up, nothing will.

Mass shootings are going to continue. We've decided that the civilian population's imaginary need for high-capacity magazine-fed rifles outweighs the horror and tragedy of these killings.

I would happily give up any of my rights to protect my kid I suspect most would.

But let's say gun control did work, is effective, what is the cure for the evil desire? If all the guns were really gone, how does that curtail the desire?

I'll go first, you guarantee me that firearm bans ensure safety and get ready for a whole lot of gun cases in the mail! tu2

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
A 243 win is 2X a 223.

Specific internet sites.

EZ

I would happily give up any of my rights to protect my kid I suspect most would.

But let's say gun control did work, is effective, what is the cure for the evil desire? If all the guns were really gone, how does that curtail the desire?

I'll go first, you guarantee me that firearm bans ensure safety and get ready for a whole lot of gun cases in the mail! tu2

The US population is no more evil than any other country. The difference is 400 million guns in circulation in the US, including 20 million AR-15's.

Can't un-ring that bell.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Now THIS (below) is a way to help deter mass shootings. NO deals in the courts! Those deals are a big part of the wrongs that let mass murderers and vicious murders get through our system with 3 hots and a cot which is essentionally a slap on the face. No more mister nice guy. Get back to a fair and speedy trial like it SHOULD be. AND no interviews with the murderer should be shown on TV. This sensationalizes the crime and may be somewhat of a guide to copycatting or if you will a video book on "murder 101". It makes me cringe when I see a MM interview where the interviewer conducts the questions like this person is just another interview. No air time for murderers.
quote:
The ugliness that needs to be seen it these types of millers hanging from a gallows on the courthouse square.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The US population is no more evil than any other country. The difference is 400 million guns in circulation in the US, including 20 million AR-15's.

Can't un-ring that bell.

The vast majority does no harm with their weapons. I suspect the opposite, that they are a deterrent to many who would do harm to others.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
A 243 win is 2X a 223.

Specific internet sites.

EZ

Can't un-ring that bell.

I'm not sure I believe as you. Japan and the Orient teach and promote a respect, manners, conformity, a standard of behavior. Germany and Great Britain follow a code of unity, nationality, superiority by birthright, breeding, citizenship. "The Commonwealth" is designed and implied to mean betterment for membership.

The Tutsis were taught, really birthed to denigrate the Hutus, genocide was natural, foreseeable, the plan.

Americans are different how? We have unity? United States? Trumps followers brought a gallows to the Capital on January 6th, "The Squad" promotes anti semitism. The BLM happily torches their own towns.

The violence I see coming out of Paris seems to be strictly Islamic immigrants, not very French.

Violence in America seems to be very American, very Christian, very protestant. I don't think I'd lay immediate blame at the Baptists feet, but it sure ain't Chechnya machine gunning our malls and schools.

Why do we want to do this to each other and how do we change our minds?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Now THIS (below) is a way to help deter mass shootings. NO deals in the courts! Those deals are a big part of the wrongs that let mass murderers and vicious murders get through our system with 3 hots and a cot which is essentionally a slap on the face. No more mister nice guy. Get back to a fair and speedy trial like it SHOULD be. AND no interviews with the murderer should be shown on TV. This sensationalizes the crime and may be somewhat of a guide to copycatting or if you will a video book on "murder 101". It makes me cringe when I see a MM interview where the interviewer conducts the questions like this person is just another interview. No air time for murderers.
quote:

I don't believe for one minta mass murderer considers for one moment the consequences of lack thereof.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Can't un-ring that bell.

The vast majority does no harm with their weapons. I suspect the opposite, that they are a deterrent to many who would do harm to others.

I agree ^^^

And I will add that I believe there is an endemic mental sickness unique to our country which drives this.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
quote:

I don't believe for one minta mass murderer considers for one moment the consequences of lack thereof.

They don’t consider it because this generation and the immediate preceding have never had consequences. They don’t understand the concept. That is the problem. They also don’t understand death (or life for that matter) and get an emotional high fantasizing about going out as a martyr.

Teach them what consequences are and what death looks like from a punishment side of things and it will make a difference.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Can't un-ring that bell.

I agree ^^^

And I will add that I believe there is an endemic mental sickness unique to our country which drives this.

But just think of the savings by not funding mental health facilities in this country.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote