THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Isn't This The Standard Trump Playbook? Steal From Your Investors.

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Isn't This The Standard Trump Playbook? Steal From Your Investors. Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Sounds like Trump is trying to rip his partners off. https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02...-founders/index.html

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Lawfare. animal

Trump, the Sun Tzu of lawsuit abuse.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Lawfare. animal

Trump, the Sun Tzu of lawsuit abuse.

I beg to differ. Sun Tzu won all his wars.

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From your link:

"Trump owns 78.8 million shares in Trump Media, which went public last week. That stake is valued at about $4.1 billion, up by $228 million from this Monday’s closing price."

Last week Trump was claiming he couldn't come up with $470 million bond. Why didn't the judge make him sell his stock in Truth Social?

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
From your link:

"Trump owns 78.8 million shares in Trump Media, which went public last week. That stake is valued at about $4.1 billion, up by $228 million from this Monday’s closing price."

Last week Trump was claiming he couldn't come up with $470 million bond. Why didn't the judge make him sell his stock in Truth Social?

It's locked up for 6 months. If he tried to get them unlocked I expect that someone would seek an injunction blocking the sale.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1153 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it these guys brought him the idea (and infrastructure) for Truth Social to begin with, he (naturally) tried to cut them out before the IPO and they sued him (in Delaware or Connecticut) and this is his countersuit in Florida.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9548 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The lock-in period for anchor investors makes perfect sense in the case of Trump. Allows time for all the lies and misrepresentations regarding the issue to get flushed out into the open to prevent him from capitalizing on the IPO pop.

Fair point on Sun Tzu. Trump is more like Mei Sue.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frankly, why would anyone be willing to invest in a deal with Trump given his past performance?

(OTOH, given Warren Buffet, why would anyone want to buy or sell to/from him, either?)

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote