THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Turley continues to point out the truth with the “lawfare.”

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turley continues to point out the truth with the “lawfare.” Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
A serial perjurer will try to prove an old misdemeanor against Trump in an embarrassment for the New York legal system

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump paid Daniels to avoid any publicity over their brief alleged affair. As a celebrity, there was ample reason to want to keep the affair quiet, and that does not even include the fact that he is a married man.

It also occurred before the 2016 election and there was clearly a benefit to quash the scandal as a candidate. That political motivation is at the heart of this long-delayed case.

Glossing over the minor point that the "Access Hollywood" tape was made public in October, a month before the election, and Stormy was paid off shortly after that tape came out.

quote:
Cohen has a long record as a legal thug who has repeatedly lied when it served his interests. He has a knack for selling his curious skill set to powerful figures like Trump and now Bragg.

Except that of the two named only one made Cohen a Vice President of the Trump Organization, presumably Vice President of Legal Thuggery.

quote:
Jonathan Turley is an attorney and professor at George Washington University Law School.

Jonathan Turley is a legal whore whose entire existence has been subsumed into a continuing effort to lipstick a pig.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9548 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . like everyone else that hooks their wagon to Trump, Turley has lost all respect. I was listening to him yesterday and he has become nothing more than a shill for Trump and Fox. Sad but predictable whenever someone plays with the tarbaby.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
The guy is right. You are the one blinded by hatred.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Blinded? Have you ever noticed that I tend to take positions that cross political ideologies. You, not so much. Your positions are always lock step with a particular ideology even if the position results in an absurd or irrational conclusion. Blinded? Close minded? Go stand in a mirror.

[It’s also rich, speaking in support of Trump, for Turley to call anyone a serial perjurer. Trump, a person who literally cannot string three sentences together without lying at least once.]

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Worth pointing out that this is an "old" misdemeanor because Trump's Attorney General, Bill Barr, told the New York authorities to butt out, it was a Federal case being investigated by the Feds, and then kept it bottled up until Trump lost in a landslide and an honest investigation and prosecution could proceed.

Is it "lawfare" when other criminals are prosecuted for the crimes they commit, or does that only apply to prosecuting Republicans?

Posts: 9548 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Blinded?

You are 100% blinded by hatred of Trump.

Have you ever noticed that I tend to take positions that cross political ideologies.

I have! Hence the reason you are on the wrong side of the issues 20-30% of the time.

You, not so much. Your positions are always lock step with a particular ideology

100% and proud of it. I am not wishy-washy on right and wrong and more appropriately good vs. bad policy. You...not so much. You are quite willing to cut your nose off to spite your face OR...fail to see the forrest for the trees.

even if the position results in an absurd or irrational conclusion.

While loyal to conservatism...I always remain rational...why I am a good diagnostician.

Blinded?

Nope...I always see.

Close minded?

Maybe...when I am sure I am right.

Go stand in a mirror.

[It’s also rich, speaking in support of Trump, for Turley to call anyone a serial perjurer.

He is correct.

Trump, a person who literally cannot string three sentences together without lying at least once.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because Trump is a serial liar doesn’t mean that Cohen isn’t.

The purpose of the law isn’t to prevent a bad guy from becoming president, it’s to apply society’s rules fairly.

I’m not now blinded to Trumps shortcomings (and they are multitude) but just because Trump is not a good man doesn’t mean he loses his legal status. Somehow, I suspect that it’s not unusual for folks in trumps position to do what he did… and how many end up in criminal court over it?

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

The purpose of the law isn’t to prevent a bad guy from becoming president, it’s to apply society’s rules fairly.

I’m not now blinded to Trumps shortcomings (and they are multitude) but just because Trump is not a good man doesn’t mean he loses his legal status. Somehow, I suspect that it’s not unusual for folks in trumps position to do what he did… and how many end up in criminal court over it?

All of them that falsify business records to coverup a scandal during an election should end up in court.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those at the top of criminal enterprises are often prosecuted on the basis of testimony by underlings, who are scumbags themselves. If any of us has done what Trump is alleged to have done, we'd be prosecuted the same way.

I'd like to ask Dr Butler and Lane this: Why should Trump be treated more leniently than the rest of us?

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

All of them that falsify business records to coverup a scandal during an election should end up in court.

Ot is more than that. The basic factual allegation is that these payments made by Cohen and reimbursed as “legal fees” were by law campaign contributions not reported and in access of campaign contribution laws.

Dr. Easter is down to the NY Post while complaining about NPR.

The jury shall decide. That is the way it should be.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Of course King Lowe is a much more astute lawyer than Turley.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would be curious to know if Turley has done any interviews for an outlet other than Fox or another conservative media outlet. If he has such a reputation as a straight shooter surely he has done some interviews for other outlets. I think the characterization of him as a shill is pretty accurate.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turley continues to point out the truth

As I recall, Lane quoted an attorney: "I wouldn't know the truth if it bit me, but I do know what admissible evidence is."

IMO, Turley doesn't know the truth nor admissible evidence.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He shouldn't.

quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Those at the top of criminal enterprises are often prosecuted on the basis of testimony by underlings, who are scumbags themselves. If any of us has done what Trump is alleged to have done, we'd be prosecuted the same way.

I'd like to ask Dr Butler and Lane this: Why should Trump be treated more leniently than the rest of us?

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That being the case, as I recall when this happened in the past, there were fines levied and that was the end of it...

Like when Gore had a bunch of Tibetan monks donating money to his campaign...

I don't have a problem if this is a paradigm shift in politics, but I want to see others go up the river as well.

quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:

Ot is more than that. The basic factual allegation is that these payments made by Cohen and reimbursed as “legal fees” were by law campaign contributions not reported and in access of campaign contribution laws.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Edwards was tried. You keep forgetting that.

The judge will make legal rulings. The jury will decide the facts and apply those facts to the law provided by the Court.

The appellate courts will determine any errors of law and the sufficiency of the factual findings w great difference to the jury.

Maybe, President Trump acquitted due to the protection of beyond a reasonable doubt standard or not convicted due to that standard coupled w the protection of an unanimous verdict.

If he is convicted, the Judge is going to give him a bond pending appeal only because of who he is. You would not get that, and no appellate court would care.

That is what Due Process is Doctor. Just like I laid out in the OJ three. The result is secondary to the process.

The appellate courts do not care about Big T truth. They care about whether due process rights and legal rulings (not facts) are correct.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That being the case, as I recall when this happened in the past, there were fines levied and that was the end of it...

Like when Gore had a bunch of Tibetan monks donating money to his campaign...

I don't have a problem if this is a paradigm shift in politics, but I want to see others go up the river as well.

quote:
quote:
quote:

In the past campaign finance violations weren't underpinned with over a dozen State crimes to enable the violations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
7 jurors were selected today. Two of the 7 are wait for it Lawyers.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be curious to know if Turley has done any interviews for an outlet other than Fox or another conservative media outlet. If he has such a reputation as a straight shooter surely he has done some interviews for other outlets. I think the characterization of him as a shill is pretty accurate.

His articles on legal and policy issues have appeared in national publications; he has had articles published in The New York Times,[18] The Washington Post,[19] USA Today,[20] the Los Angeles Times,[15] and the Wall Street Journal.[21] He frequently appears in the national media as a commentator on a multitude of subjects[22][23] ranging from the 2000 U.S. presidential election controversy to the Terri Schiavo case in 2005.[24] He often is a guest on Sunday talk shows,[22] with more than two-dozen appearances on Meet the Press, ABC This Week, Face the Nation, and Fox News Sunday. He served as a contributor on Countdown with Keith Olbermann from 2003 until 2011 on MSNBC, and later on Current TV[25] in 2011 and early 2012.
Since the 1990s, he has been a legal analyst for NBC News, CBS News, the BBC and Fox News, covering stories that ranged from the Clinton impeachment to presidential elections.[26][17] He is on the board of contributors of USA Today[27] and is a columnist with The Hill.[28] He is currently a legal analyst with Fox News.[29]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Turley

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trump has NOT been treated fairly as prescribed by the history of precedence.

quote:
Turley:
Lawyers have been scouring the civil and criminal codes for any basis to sue or prosecute Trump before the upcoming 2024 election.

He has been singled out. He is the victim of “lawfare.” If you don’t buy into that now with the preponderance of supporting evidence — just can’t help you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

His articles on legal and policy issues have appeared in national publications; he has had articles published in The New York Times,[18] The Washington Post,[19] USA Today,[20] the Los Angeles Times,[15] and the Wall Street Journal.[21] He frequently appears in the national media as a commentator on a multitude of subjects[22][23] ranging from the 2000 U.S. presidential election controversy to the Terri Schiavo case in 2005.[24] He often is a guest on Sunday talk shows,[22] with more than two-dozen appearances on Meet the Press, ABC This Week, Face the Nation, and Fox News Sunday. He served as a contributor on Countdown with Keith Olbermann from 2003 until 2011 on MSNBC, and later on Current TV[25] in 2011 and early 2012.
Since the 1990s, he has been a legal analyst for NBC News, CBS News, the BBC and Fox News, covering stories that ranged from the Clinton impeachment to presidential elections.[26][17] He is on the board of contributors of USA Today[27] and is a columnist with The Hill.[28] He is currently a legal analyst with Fox News.[29]

Sorry, I really could care less what the man did a decade or two ago before he became a shill for Trump and Fox News. Let's hear about the appearances on Meet the Press, This Week, Face the Nation or other non-Fox programs in the last three or four years. I bet he is contracted to Fox and paid by Fox. He knows who is buttering his bread and the "truth" he speaks is the "truth" he understands the Fox viewers love to lap up. And then there are those Fox viewers that think he is just an unbiased arbiter of truth offering unbiased scholarly perspectives on events of our time.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I really could care less what the man did a decade or two ago before he became a shill for Trump and Fox News. Let's hear about the appearances on Meet the Press, This Week, Face the Nation or other non-Fox programs in the last three or four years. I bet he is contracted to Fox and paid by Fox. He knows who is buttering his bread and the "truth" he speaks is the "truth" he understands the Fox viewers love to lap up. And then there are those Fox viewers that think he is just an unbiased arbiter of truth offering unbiased scholarly perspectives on events of our time.

You blinded hatred is exhibiting itself again. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
TRANSLATION: I have nothing to offer in response to the assertion that Turley is a shill.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He has been singled out. He is the victim of “lawfare.” If you don’t buy into that now with the preponderance of supporting evidence — just can’t help you.

You blinded hatred is exhibiting itself again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...37a2a70b7db4d6&ei=22

96% of Roberts County, Texas voted for Trump in 2020. Hear what residents there think about the hush money trial

FOX:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...jDU?ocid=socialshare

GREG GUTFELD: Dems hate Trump so much that they're willing to destroy the legal system
Opinion by Greg Gutfeld • 10h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...37a2a70b7db4d6&ei=43

======================================================

“lawfare”:

FYI there is an Org with a website named Lawfare. https://www.lawfaremedia.org/
I didn't study it, but it's there.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawfare

The context of the word is questionable regarding Turley's spin.

However, there should be no doubt by now among practically everyone that the country is in a formidable contest with Trump and team, Trumpism, vs the Rule of Law. Everything about Trump has become a direct attack on the Rule of Law. That's lawfare.

Who would have guessed that Trump, the rich reality show jerk, would have turned into the most formidable opponent of the Founder's Dream?

One thing - without FOX Trump's power would be so much less. Has anyone noticed that FOX has ratcheted up the spin? They are fully on board the Trump Team, and beyond all imagination, it's going to get worse.

Quote:

He is the victim of “lawfare.”

No, Trump is not a "victim". He is a perpetrator of lawfare, and the country, the system, the law, the constitution is the target, the opponent, and Trump might win the contest - with lots of help from true believers like Lane, and Fox, and fence-straddlers, and no-matter-what party loyalists.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Turley:
Lawyers have been scouring the civil and criminal codes for any basis to sue or prosecute Trump before the upcoming 2024 election.

That is a lie. President Trumps has been treated more delicately bc of who he is then any of us would have been.

You loved quoting AG Barr. Until, Barr started telling you President Trump had criminal liability exposure.

Any of us would already have been held in contempt and jailed. See President Trump being admonished in NY during jury selection.

His theory that he can make government records, his private records has no basis in law.

You are just a party hack. Like any Communist Party officer in the 50-60s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Turley:

That is a lie. President Trumps has been treated more delicately bc of who he is then any of us would have been.

You loved quoting AG Barr. Until, Barr started telling you President Trump had criminal liability exposure.

Any of us would already have been held in contempt and jailed. See President Trump being admonished in NY during jury selection.

His theory that he can make government records, his private records has no basis in law.

You are just a party hack. Like any Communist Party officer in the 50-60s.

I simply must disagree, Lane is not like a Soviet Communist Party member.

More like a Baathist praising Saddam Hussein.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either way, the result is the same.

A single party in control. Control extending to control of media narratives.

The Federal Government would not have asked Dr. Easter repeatedly to return top secret government documents.

They would have simply arrested him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Either way, the result is the same.

A single party in control. Control extending to control of media narratives.

The Federal Government would not have asked Dr. Easter repeatedly to return top secret government documents.

They would have simply arrested him.

If I had taken TS/SCI documents with me when I left the Army I wouldn't have been arrested, they'd have shot me resisting arrest.

In my sleep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump has certainly been treated more leniently than any non politician would be.

But he hasn’t been treated as leniently as some other politicians have been.

It’s a double standard I have a problem with, but it doesn’t excuse Trumps behavior. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Trump and HRC are factually (as pled) not the same.

This has been explained in great detail. You just refuse to accept it.

Likewise, Edwards was tried.

President Trump has been treated w kid gloves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fundamentally your argument re HRC is rooted in absolute prosecutorial discretion.

Are the cases the same?

No. They are not identical.

I agree with you that Trump is getting special treatment. If any of us (except maybe you as you are an official) played the games with a court that Trump has, we would be in a cell waiting on our judgement.

Negligence vs gross negligence is a matter for the jury, not the prosecutor. HRC never got before a jury to decide the facts.

I admit I am biased against her and doubt I could serve on her jury, but IMO, the folks who decided she didn’t meet the standard to prosecute were biased for her. Just because you can quote some precedent and some data from Comey’s statement doesn’t necessarily mean that she would not have been found guilty.

As far as Trump goes, two wrongs don’t make a right. If I feel HRC should have had a day in court, I can’t possibly say that Trump should get a pass. While I may feel that he is being treated differently than other political figures in this instance, he still should be treated like the rest of us.

That means while I think that Biden or Bush would get a pass for what Trump is charged with by the system, it still doesn’t mean that Trump should get that pass… it means that we need to work on holding everyone to the same standard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it means that we need to work on holding everyone to the same standard.

What makes you think that is not the goal present?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that Biden or Bush would get a pass for what Trump is charged with by the system

We'll never know any such thing because neither Bush nor Biden have the low moral, ethical, and legal standards to do the things Trump is charged with doing.

You keep looking for equivalencies that sound like excuses, Doctor. I think Bush II belongs behind bars for starting the Iraq War and causing the death of over 100,000 Iraqi civilians plus several thousand Americans.

But what has Biden done that is equivalent to committing several felonies?

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not so believe. They would not have forced the Federal Government to go get a Search Warrant.

They did not engage in the behavior so charged in NY.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fundamentally your argument re HRC is rooted in absolute prosecutorial discretion.

Are the cases the same?

I agree with you that Trump is getting special treatment. If any of us (except maybe you as you are an official) played the games with a court that Trump has, we would be in a cell waiting on our judgement.

Negligence vs gross negligence is a matter for the jury, not the prosecutor. HRC never got before a jury to decide the facts.

I admit I am biased against her and doubt I could serve on her jury, but IMO, the folks who decided she didn’t meet the standard to prosecute were biased for her. Just because you can quote some precedent and some data from Comey’s statement doesn’t necessarily mean that she would not have been found guilty.

As far as Trump goes, two wrongs don’t make a right. If I feel HRC should have had a day in court, I can’t possibly say that Trump should get a pass. While I may feel that he is being treated differently than other political figures in this instance, he still should be treated like the rest of us.

That means while I think that Biden or Bush would get a pass for what Trump is charged with by the system, it still doesn’t mean that Trump should get that pass… it means that we need to work on holding everyone to the same standard.

No, it is rooted in caselaw that says duck faces do not support a conviction under the law as written. There was no crime to charge under the facts as defined by the federal law.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Are the cases the same?

No, it is rooted in caselaw that says duck faces do not support a conviction under the law as written. There was no crime to charge under the facts as defined by the federal law.

So negligent and criminally negligent are not measured on a continuum? That the line is absolute and written in facts that could be expressed mathematically?

That we have not convicted and put in prison people who did not intentionally expose secure information?

You can believe that, but it’s not true.

This is more of your it’s the process and not the facts type logic.