New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump's own chief of staff ... Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
How can anyone with half a brain and an ounce of patriotism defend this piece of scum?
From Heather Richardson last evening:

Trump is increasingly being held to account by former staff, as well. In the wake of his attacks on former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley, Trump’s former chief of staff Marine Corps General John Kelly went on the record today with Jake Tapper of CNN, confirming a number of the damning stories that emerged during Trump’s presidency about his denigration of wounded, captured, or killed military personnel as “suckers” and “losers,” with whom he didn’t want to be seen.

Kelly called Trump: “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason—in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law…. There is nothing more that can be said,” he added. “God help us.”

The confirmation of Trump’s attacks on wounded or killed military personnel will not help his political support. After reading Kelly’s remarks, retired Army Major General Paul Eaton, a key advocate for veteran voting, released a video he recorded more than two years ago when he first heard the stories about Trump’s attack on the military. “Who could vote for this traitor Trump?” he asked on social media. In the video, Eaton urges veterans to “vote Democratic,” because “our country’s honor depends on it.”

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about.

Can someone please enlighten me on the topic? I have obviously lost the plot as well. Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about.

Can someone please enlighten me on the topic? I have obviously lost the plot as well. Confused

Proper respect for the folks who are willing to risk their lives for your way of life?

What is there about this post that makes it hard for you to understand? Oh, wait.....trump supporter.2020

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, why not reach out to General Kelly?

– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
My question simply is: What does America stand for and what is America is all about?

I used to think I knew. Frowner

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not about using lies and violence to overturn an election.

It is not about supporting a man who called for the suspension of the Constitution and his immediate return to power.

America is about you have rights that there is a line the State cannot cross, but you do not have a right to use how you exercise those rights to make us all so engage. America is about minority rights balanced by the rule of law.

America is about no one party nor one person being permitted to govern at will. That a policy debate can be lost, and the result is still legitimate. Regardless of you think the policy is good, with a line out there the State cannot cross against the individual.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
America is about you have rights that there is a line the State cannot cross, but you do not have a right to use how you exercise those rights to make us all so engage. America is about minority rights balanced by the rule of law.

America is about no one party nor one person being permitted to govern at will. That a policy debate can be lost, and the result is still legitimate.

I can agree to all of that. That is basically our Operating Agreement. But what is our Code, our Spirit, what directs us? What is our creed?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Give Republican states your tired, your poor, your huddled masses. We don’t have the room nor resources and we already reliably vote Democrat.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is our crede?

Did you mean "creed"?

: a brief authoritative formula of religious belief

: a set of fundamental beliefs
also : a guiding principle

Synonyms:
credo
doctrine
dogma
gospel
ideology
philosophy
testament

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Good research Siri

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does America stand for and what is America is all about?

I ask again.

People always want to throw those words out there.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, we can start with this:
“People can argue with each other as much as they want and as vociferously as they want. But the one thing they may not do is use violence and threats of violence to alter the outcome. An important aspect of this is the American people themselves. American people must protect each other. They must ensure that they treat each other with civility and kindness, listen to opposing views, argue as vociferously as they want, but refrain from violence and threats of violence. That's the only way this democracy will survive.”
--Merrick Garland

And I know this: Our country deserves far better than a billionaire blowhard leader who disrespects wounded veterans and approves of dictators and autocrats.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
Give Republican states your tired, your poor, your huddled masses. We don’t have the room nor resources and we already reliably vote Democrat.

Creed?

There's two options.

So, what was the Creed of the Founders and Jesus, as compared to the worldview of MAGA, Trump, Putin, Christo-fascists, wolf packs, tribes, clans, cults, mobs, militias, with the premise of limited resources, righteous ideology?

Zero-sum game is a mathematical representation in game theory and economic theory of a situation that involves two sides, where the result is an advantage for one side and an equivalent loss for the other. In other words, player one's gain is equivalent to player two's loss, with the result that the net improvement in benefit of the game is zero.

If the total gains of the participants are added up, and the total losses are subtracted, they will sum to zero. Thus, cutting a cake, where taking a more significant piece reduces the amount of cake available for others as much as it increases the amount available for that taker, is a zero-sum game if all participants value each unit of cake equally. Other examples of zero-sum games in daily life include games like poker, chess, and bridge where one person gains and another person loses, which results in a zero-net benefit for every player. In the markets and financial instruments, futures contracts and options are zero-sum games as well.

Non-zero-sum in contrast, describes a situation in which the interacting parties' aggregate gains and losses can be less than or more than zero. A zero-sum game is also called a strictly competitive game, while non-zero-sum games can be either competitive or non-competitive.

Wikipedia

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Lane, we can start with this:
“People can argue with each other as much as they want and as vociferously as they want. But the one thing they may not do is use violence and threats of violence to alter the outcome.

please don’t tell:
George Washington
Artemas Ward
Philip Schuyler
Israel Putnam
Richard Montgomery
John Thomas
William Heath
Horatio Gates
John Sullivan
Nathaniel Greene
William Alexander
Thomas Mifflin
And the rest of the men who led the Revolutionary War. I want them to continue to rest in peace and have comfort in their actions of violence. The nation was basically formed by violent acts by men who DID have a vision for what America should be about.

I am in no way condoning violence.

But, I also don’t erase history and remember the “how.”

An important aspect of this is the American people themselves. American people must protect each other. They must ensure that they treat each other with civility and kindness, listen to opposing views, argue as vociferously as they want, but refrain from violence and threats of violence. That's the only way this democracy will survive.”
--Merrick Garland

And I know this: Our country deserves far better than a billionaire blowhard leader who disrespects wounded veterans and approves of dictators and autocrats.

The country also deserves someone better than the man who willfully and wantonly allows tens of thousands of aliens to trod across my ranch and drug cartels to basically rule our Southern Border making it unsafe to even rurally exist in deep South Texas.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the man who willfully and wantonly allows tens of thousands of aliens to trod across my ranch

"willfully and wantonly" I think those are embellishment words.

I haven't compared the numbers that actually passed recently, but here's what Biden requested:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...ur-immigration-laws/

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
We from other states have no idea what it’s like on southern border but at least we can listen to people who are experiencing it there
Easy to dismiss until we are in their shoes
I think, it’s unmitigated disaster that should not be political nor judicial football

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
We from other states have no idea what it’s like on southern border but at least we can listen to people who are experiencing it there
I think, it’s unmitigated disaster that should not be political nor judicial football

At the same time we should not accept the word of known liars.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Who are you referring to Jeff?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am glad my land isn't on the border.

Texas

Arizona

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Notice how perfectly the shoe fits?

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I am glad my land isn't on the border.

Texas

Arizona

Interesting backstory to your Arizona picture from January of 2012.

Increased enforcement pushing immigrants into more remote country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does the timing have to do on the photo? I bet the piles of trash are even bigger now.

You bet they are trashing even more remote areas. How wonderful for the environment. Terrible for the ranchers who own that land. Worse for wildlife, if there is any left.

Sickening.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does the timing have to do on the photo? I bet the piles of trash are even bigger now.

You bet they are trashing even more remote areas. How wonderful for the environment. Terrible for the ranchers who own that land. Worse for wildlife, if there is any left.

Sickening.

Just that that picture was taken during a community clean-up by the folks who live there and had collected garbage from a large area for pickup, and that it was the result of increased enforcement efforts in previously used corridors, not the "open border" crap Republicans bleat about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sickening.

Just that that picture was taken during a community clean-up by the folks who live there and had collected garbage from a large area for pickup, and that it was the result of increased enforcement efforts in previously used corridors, not the "open border" crap Republicans bleat about.

So? The entire border, no doubt, looks like that where people are illegally traipsing through.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sickening.

So? The entire border, no doubt, looks like that where people are illegally traipsing through.

No, where they take longer routes requiring more supplies along the way look like that.

Do you think they are carrying garbage hundreds of miles across deserts and mountains just so they can litter Arizona?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

. . . most of us realized that long ago.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Notice how perfectly the shoe fits?

So you are a fucking coward and a liar. You lie regularly on here. Then you call someone else a liar behind a computer screen and a fake name. Lots of people on here know me personally. I am easy to find. In fact…I spend money to make myself easy to find. If you want to call someone a liar…have the balls to sign your name onto it and own it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
America used to stand for honesty, integrity, honor and fair play. We were taught that charity and hospitality were an obligation. We were taught that it was honorable to serve our nation. We recited the pledge of allegiance and treated the flag with respect. At some point, we decided to turn away from these ideals.
I am would not be surprised at the notion that neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden believe in any of these things.
If anyone wants to feel just a hint of what being an American should feel like, spend a day at the Arlington Cemetery and really think about the men and women who are interred there.
It is difficult to say whether it was first we who failed our country, or our country which has failed us. I suspect it goes both ways. I, for one, am saddened by this. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
America used to stand for honesty, integrity, honor and fair play. We were taught that charity and hospitality were an obligation. We were taught that it was honorable to serve our nation. We recited the pledge of allegiance and treated the flag with respect. At some point, we decided to turn away from these ideals.
I am would not be surprised at the notion that neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden believe in any of these things.
If anyone wants to feel just a hint of what being an American should feel like, spend a day at the Arlington Cemetery and really think about the men and women who are interred there.
It is difficult to say whether it was first we who failed our country, or our country which has failed us. I suspect it goes both ways. I, for one, am saddened by this. Regards, Bill

Well said sir !

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:

The truth is that America doesn’t really stand for anything in this era. We began losing all the wonderful attributes described by Bill and others above in the Viet Nam era.

And today, I have no idea what America is about. She doesn’t protect my property any longer…trodden daily by illegals. She wants to try and “force” me to drive an EV against my will. And, while I have cheap NG flowing from the ground around several of my houses…the American government wants to penalize me for using it to heat my home. I booked my flights yesterday to go speak at a convention in San Diego and I am told to book hotels very close so I don’t have to wade through homeless vagrants (in a district my wife and I used to love to stroll through) that America refuses to find a solution to.

Yes sir…I have lost the plot of America. I thought I was reading Steve Job’s biography and when I flipped page…it turned to 50 Shades of Gray.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I disagree that Americans do not stand for anything.

They simply reject your Evangelical Theocracy.

They reject your falsehood, Libertarianism that gives the state penal power over consenting adult relationships.

They reject your fear of folks that look and think differently than you.

Those are good things to stand for.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:

The truth is that America doesn’t really stand for anything in this era. We began losing all the wonderful attributes described by Bill and others above in the Viet Nam era.

And today, I have no idea what America is about. She doesn’t protect my property any longer…trodden daily by illegals. She wants to try and “force” me to drive an EV against my will. And, while I have cheap NG flowing from the ground around several of my houses…the American government wants to penalize me for using it to heat my home. I booked my flights yesterday to go speak at a convention in San Diego and I am told to book hotels very close so I don’t have to wade through homeless vagrants (in a district my wife and I used to love to stroll through) that America refuses to find a solution to.

Yes sir…I have lost the plot of America. I thought I was reading Steve Job’s biography and when I flipped page…it turned to 50 Shades of Gray.

But let's memory-hole the inconvenient facts that it was Ronald Reagan who pushed the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the streets, and his minions like Richard Secord who were flying cocaine into the U.S. to finance his pet Contras, and it's Republicans at all levels who reflexively fight against any effort to repair the social safety net they themselves have worked to destroy because it might cost a nickel in tax money. The only ones on your pleasant stroll in San Diego who want to be on the street are the ones who should be getting in-patient mental health care, most of the rest need drug treatment Republicans consistently defeat any attempts to provide, I assume because they don't want to have to find something new to bitch about.

The economic model ushered in primarily under Reagan, that only "shareholder value" matters, destroyed the middle class that had for decades provided rungs on the economic ladder that let everybody work their way up. Companies and their employees took pride in the products they built and the internal cultures they fostered, with folks hiring on expecting to retire eventually from the same company. Company shareholders did well, executives did well and the norm was one-income families that could, and did, buy a house and send children to college. That all ended when the "shareholder value" ethos took hold under Reagan when "greed is good" became the corporate motto and what had been illegal throughout our history, companies buying their own stock to drive up share prices, was legalized. Instead of money being distributed throughout a company, from the factory floor to the executive suites and on to investors now it's strictly concentrated at the top and in shareholder value. CEOs went from making 30 or 40 times what the average worker made to making hundreds of times as much, employees became disposable to the God of quarterly reports and it took two full-time incomes to keep a family from drowning. If anything happened to a husband, death, divorce, abandonment, a single mother was almost certainly doomed to poverty in short order.

THIS is the world Republican greed made.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:

Joe Biden has never been found Liable for Fraud, or indicted under the Espionage Act, or forced to shut down a fraudulent business, so to equate the two on "honesty and integrity" is simply silly. Donald Trump has no honor, personally or professionally, conducting affairs with his next wife in public before divorcing the one he would eventually bury on a golf course. Does "fair play" include trying to violently overturn an election you lost? I don't recall Joe Biden doing that. Joe Biden never called our war dead and veterans "losers and suckers" or asked "What was in it for them?"

Equating Biden and Trump on any of your criteria is laughable. Biden has been a public servant for half a century; despite sitting in the Oval Office for 4 years Donald Trump has never been a public servant.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if equating the two on honesty and integrity is silly or not. I do believe Donald Trump is a despicable human being, and the absolute worst individual to reside in the Whitehouse in my lifetime, but I refuse to give Biden a pass. He has shown his lack of regard for the historic ideals of the United States by making no attempt to protect the nation and refusing to recognize the problems his policies have created. It is debatable whether he has spent fifty years in public service, or fifty years latched on to the public tit. Is he personally as bad as DJT? No, he is not, but his actions while in the office have had a much more negative effect on the US than those of Trump.
Partisan politics are not the point, though to some they always are. Both parties have contributed to the decline of the Nation, and neither party is likely to do a damn thing about it. Indeed, I don't think they can. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote