Find
Notify
Tools

Hear Arnold Schwarzenegger's prediction about Trump Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCaXcgv-kVo

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19801 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose now there's going to be a boycott of Arnold movies.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last Republican Gov of California.

If the Faction wins the soul of the GOP, he will remain the last Republican Governor of California.

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

If the Faction wins the soul of the GOP, he will remain the last Republican Governor of California.

???????
How detached can you be? There'll never be another Republican governor CA. There'll never be another Republican or conservative anything CA.

Arnie is right and the GOP is nuts. Any interest in Trump is self defeating, suicidal. I like it. The sooner the GOP self immolates, the sooner a real and reasonable gathering of Conservative Americans can offer a different option to Newsom, AOC, Ilan Omar.

My friends here that can't see trump and his ilk as an asset to Liberal lunacy are blind to the repeated defeat they foster.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gov. Schwarzenegger was elected in 2003-2007.

The hard cultural push by the GOP to the right makes a man like Gov. Schwarzenegger unelectable in a GOP primary.

Even in California, the McCarty’s of the world have taken over the GOP.

A person like Gov. Schwarzenegger is who can win a general state wide race in California, or win a General Election for president (his naturalized status being disqualifying for him personally not withstanding).

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gov. Schwarzenegger was elected in 2003-2007.

The hard cultural push by the GOP to the right makes a man like Gov. Schwarzenegger unelectable in a GOP primary.

Even in California, the McCarty’s of the world have taken over the GOP.

A person like Gov. Schwarzenegger is who can win a general state wide race in California, or win a General Election for president (his naturalized status being disqualifying for him personally not withstanding).

Schwarzenegger, nor any other conservative will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever win another executive election in CA. As with Vermont and New York, CA is a liberal stronghold forever.

A candidate that pursues bipartisan support needs to look elsewhere.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What I find bewildering is why anyone would care what a B-movie (yeah I like and watch some B-movies) actor would think about anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36669 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
What I find bewildering is why anyone would care what a B-movie (yeah I like and watch some B-movies) actor would think about anything.

Or a reality TV show star for that matter.

Arnold does have some experience in Government which makes his thoughts slightly more relevant than those of your average B-movie star.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Gov. Schwarzenegger is more successful in business than President Trump (no company bankruptcy).

Gov. Schwarzenegger saw Nazism first hand, and has been a life long registered Republican in a state and industry that is not a popular position. Unlike President Trump who flipped to Dem in NY.

Why should we listen to you again. Your abortion position has been rejected by Conservatives in South Carolina. However, you are so tied in to National Politics.

Send some more money to Hershel Walker. A candidate in GA that you would have loved to see win. You also never denied sending money.

Still waiting for an answer in the Justice Gorsuch forum to a plain and direct question.

Roland us still waiting for a scripture based argument he asked for months ago to abortion as a blanket sin. You called us old ladies when he pressed you for an answer.

Still waiting for an answer to my yes or no question on whether your individual religious experience should be the dictating principle for how we regulate pregnancy and women’s agency in this country.

I have noticed when the Faction gets a question they do not like they a) ignore it, or b) ask a bunch of questions that does not answer the question posed.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, Gov. Schwarzenegger is more successful in business than President Trump (no company bankruptcy).

Using the law to one’s advantage in a business venture is bad? If so…the law must be inherently bad. Let’s get rid of them.

Gov. Schwarzenegger saw Nazism first hand, and has been a life long registered Republican in a state and industry that is not a popular position. Unlike President Trump who flipped to Dem in NY.

That and $10 will buy you a cup of coffee in CA. coffee

Why should we listen to you again.

By all means please stop!

Your abortion position has been rejected by Conservatives in South Carolina.

It is in negotiations.

However, you are so tied in to National Politics.

Happy to give voice to the most innocent and helpless human life on the planet. Smiler

Send some more money to Hershel Walker. A candidate in GA that you would have loved to see win.

Senators and Congressmen from other states…I view as votes. They don’t directly represent me. Hershel would have voted in a trend I approve of…like stopping this non-sense of men competing with women in sports — etc etc. I support all (R)s in Generals. I am a pragmatist…it’s about the votes.

You also never denied sending money.

I certainly didn’t for the Primary. Can’t remember about the General.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36669 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't say for sure that this author's view is or isn't tainted. But, for fairness, it's a conservative viewpoint, not extreme. IMO, Arnold is not extreme either.

I have a tendency to ignore, or at least not be informed, or minimize what the Left is doing or saying, because I think it's less noxious, not that I agree with it.

Granted, my view may be somewhat bias, but that's based on some essential facts - such as extremism of the sort most dangerous in the past has come from the festering and fomenting Right, As Arnold knows and explained. Also, the Right elected Trump, and many still support him and his messages, and many will vote for him again if he's nominated, despite loathing the man. There's more.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...31187aec5e6326&ei=40

An angry and intolerant younger generation is destroying American democracy
Story by Frank Luntz • 1h ago

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19801 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll post this thought separately, for a reason.

Firstly, I think this is related to the premise of this thread, which perhaps is Unreconcilable Division.

Yesterday, I got a reminder of some of my childhood nightmares. It's the spooky little old church woman who has gone down the rabbit hole of Christianity too far. First, she reads the Bible literally, as a fundamentalist, several times, and is now "advanced" to studying the book of Revelations. Of course, she's trying to give it relevance in today's world, and in particular her world.

I let her go on till I couldn't stand it any longer. I wanted to know the depth of it. Her interpretations of the prophesies are extensive. The Rapture, of course, but the details of other associated happenings too, the tribulations, etc. It's stunning. I'm surprised they haven't made a dystopian horror Syfy out of it. Madd Maxx, Orwell, The Hunger Games are nothing in comparison.

I could detail it out for you, but don't want the mental torture myself.

Anyway, I ask the question - how can such a person be reconciled with at most levels, or at least the essential levels, of getting on with life when such a dramatic alt-reality is instilled - hard core?

Politics, religion, morals, especially, but views on practically everything are skewed apart and not reconcilable.

BTW, she thinks Tucker Carlson "tells it like it is" (the truth to her) and PBS lies.

Keep in mind that the person I'm referring to is my sister, but she represents millions like her.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
You all still fail to understand how Trump got elected. The Democratic Party of 25 years ago is dead and gone. Extinct. Unrecognizable to our parents and grandparents. If you could bring that Democratic Party to today Trump would never have been elected. He would have never even ran. But…there’s always a but, it isn’t the party of 25 years ago. It’s the new and improved party of trans gender, gay, reparations, debt forgiveness, defund police, we’re sorry for being America party. And if you don’t like it we will cancel you, ruin your career and life. Don’t t believe me? Ask Dr Palmer who legally hunted Cecil. Democrats did that. And so…you fight fire with fire. Bombastic no fucks given, independently wealthy, celebrity(thanks Reagan and Arnie for paving the way), antagonistic, over the fucking top is the ONLY way to even compete let alone win. Do you really think middle of the road, take the high road, say the right thing, be kind and polite has a snowballs chance in hell at winning anything in this day and age? Take our very own dedicated group of posters here in the crater. Foul language, name calling, chest bumping, fuck you’s are the norm with most. And most you all tend to be liberal voices. Being moderate is an invite to be eviserated and gutted. No no you have to slog it out, get down in the shit and act like a pig. Simply put-Trump out pigged the pigs. And nothing has changed except it’s worse. Whoever is running for the GOP better root hog or die because the modern day political landscape has no room for civility particularly when running against the party of diversity equity and inclusion.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Arnold ran in a recall election, kicked off in part by an increase in vehicle registration fees under then-governor Gray Davis.
There were 135 candidates in that election (I saved a newspaper section with names and histories).
Name recognition was a significant factor, as it was with Jesse Ventura and Donald Trump in crowded fields of candidates.
Party membership was a relatively minor element.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14392 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me, great observation and question. I will try I’ll try answer it the next I can.

The person you describe probably will not be reconciled. However, the goal is not to Reconcile that individual. The goal is to challenge them in the marketplace of ideas, so the people behind them do not become as such.

That is what Gov. Schwarzenegger means when he says x the conversation about the gate that inspired the insurrection is larger than punishing bad proline. The more important, higher, conversation is focused on as follows 1) Why the Insurrection as an act at large is so deplorable. This focuses on concepts. Folks fears and hate were stocked to try to burn down our Constitutional Republic and limited democracy. They do not understand the process and conceits of our system. If they had, they would not have left a hand to destroy it. They do not understand how their prejudice Ms were manipulated to try to end our civil government. Gov. Schwarzenegger saw this first hand in Nazis Austria. That is why he starts out with the statement, “My Father was a Nazis.” The follow up is how do fathers become Nazis. 2) Education, when folks learn a whole town in Oklahoma was burned down because it was a thriving African American Community, folks begin to understand.

That is why to Faction is fighting so hard to ban books, art, and all the history from schools.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gov. Schwarzenegger saw this first hand in Nazis Austria.

homer

Born in 1947

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
You all still fail to understand how Trump got elected. The Democratic Party of 25 years ago is dead and gone. Extinct. Unrecognizable to our parents and grandparents. If you could bring that Democratic Party to today Trump would never have been elected. He would have never even ran. But…there’s always a but, it isn’t the party of 25 years ago. It’s the new and improved party of trans gender, gay, reparations, debt forgiveness, defund police, we’re sorry for being America party. And if you don’t like it we will cancel you, ruin your career and life. Don’t t believe me? Ask Dr Palmer who legally hunted Cecil. Democrats did that. And so…you fight fire with fire. Bombastic no fucks given, independently wealthy, celebrity(thanks Reagan and Arnie for paving the way), antagonistic, over the fucking top is the ONLY way to even compete let alone win. Do you really think middle of the road, take the high road, say the right thing, be kind and polite has a snowballs chance in hell at winning anything in this day and age? Take our very own dedicated group of posters here in the crater. Foul language, name calling, chest bumping, fuck you’s are the norm with most. And most you all tend to be liberal voices. Being moderate is an invite to be eviserated and gutted. No no you have to slog it out, get down in the shit and act like a pig. Simply put-Trump out pigged the pigs. And nothing has changed except it’s worse. Whoever is running for the GOP better root hog or die because the modern day political landscape has no room for civility particularly when running against the party of diversity equity and inclusion.

Uhhh?

I could say I rest my case.

But ----

Quote:

"Ask Dr Palmer who legally hunted Cecil. Democrats did that."

WOW.

Have you ever heard of the "Southern Strategy"? The shift in the Democratic Party was more than 25 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...s%20in%20the%20South.

The shift in the Republican party has been a steady trajectory and momentum for a long time too.

As the hate and loathing grows, mostly based in lies, so does the justifications.

Understanding how and why Trump got elected is one of the easier parts of understanding it all.

Taken into account all the lies (Carlson, et al) disinformation, fears and fantasies (secular Qanon and Christian), it's understandable - the demagogue formula, strong man, fixit man, win by any means man.

One thing is clear - Trump brought out all the fascist fodder from under their rocks into the light.

How can something be fixed by people who don't recognize they are the problem?

XXX

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Think it was republicans protesting outside Dr Palmers office?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
Gov. Schwarzenegger saw this first hand in Nazis Austria.

homer

Born in 1947

Yeap, and his dad was a Nazis, and he grew up w the fallout of Nazism in his backyard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

Uhhh?

I could say I rest my case.

But ----

Quote:

"Ask Dr Palmer who legally hunted Cecil. Democrats did that."

WOW.

Have you ever heard of the "Southern Strategy"? The shift in the Democratic Party was more than 25 years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...s%20in%20the%20South.

The shift in the Republican party has been a steady trajectory and momentum for a long time too.

As the hate and loathing grows, mostly based in lies, so does the justifications.

Understanding how and why Trump got elected is one of the easier parts of understanding it all.

Taken into account all the lies (Carlson, et al) disinformation, fears and fantasies (secular Qanon and Christian), it's understandable - the demagogue formula, strong man, fixit man, win by any means man.

One thing is clear - Trump brought out all the fascist fodder from under their rocks into the light.

How can something be fixed by people who don't recognize they are the problem?

President Trump is the fever one gets with a disease. The fever, President Trump, is not disease.

That is why the Faction accepts his anti Christian behavior. He is their retribution. He is their instrument. The emphasis is not on “he” but “their.”

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump is the fever one gets with a disease. The fever, President Trump, is not disease.

I agree completely with that. What we disagree on is the disease. Which party has main stream media’s support? Which party is more likely to defund police? Which party is more likely to ban hunting imports from Africa and ultimately ban hunting completely? Which party is more likely to forgive student debt? Which party is more likely to extend citizen rights to non citizens? It goes on and on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which party (the members) are likely to buy into lies and mis/disinformation, particularly in affirmation of stuff already believed?

Which party is likely to believe the rule of law can be suspended in order for their goals to be achieved?

Which party is more likely to deny citizens' rights to all citizens equally?

Which party is more likely to dishonor the constitution, especially regarding the outcomes of elections, and even the fair election process?

Which party more likely favors conflating govt, the constitution - rule of law, with Christianity?

Which party (the members) believes the statement from their chosen leader that the media is the enemy of the people; the same leader who shunned the Correspondents Dinner for four years?

and so forth.

The answers are already proven, with no remorse, just excuses.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think it was republicans protesting outside Dr Palmers office?

Their absence was notable and telling in many ways, including worldview, morals, ethics, culture, etc.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since President Trump called for the Constitution to be suspended and his immediate reinstatement, I will go the Faction of the GOO for a 1k.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree completely with that. What we disagree on is the disease. Which party has main stream media’s support? Which party is more likely to defund police? Which party is more likely to ban hunting imports from Africa and ultimately ban hunting completely? Which party is more likely to forgive student debt? Which party is more likely to extend citizen rights to non citizens? It goes on and on.

President Trump intercedes to keep Elephant hunting and lion from being imported. Elephant have been imported under President Biden. Just simple fact.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Schwarzenegger isn’t electable any more.

His sex scandal made him so.

Yes, that makes Trump a bit more hypocritical for the right.

As to why does anyone care what a B movie actor thinks- well, one I might debate that he was always a B actor. His acting career certainly was better than Regan’s. More to the point, the guy’s public popularity gives him a leg up if his positions are agreeable to you.

Trump is in my mind a cancer on the GOP. Not because of his positions, although I don’t agree with some of his, but because he neither is a positive influence on the party, nor able to lead the country forward (even if elected, we will be more split by his election, let alone whatever he proposes), nor does he have the gravitas to be a good international leader in these worrisome times.

So the faction of my fellow Republicans who will speak ill of a fellow Republican for pointing out flaws in a current candidate who isn’t the nominee yet (god forbid) are violating Regan’s commandment every bit as much as Arnie is.

quote:

Why should we listen to you again. Your abortion position has been rejected by Conservatives in South Carolina. However, you are so tied in to National Politics.

Send some more money to Hershel Walker. A candidate in GA that you would have loved to see win. You also never denied sending money.

Still waiting for an answer in the Justice Gorsuch forum to a plain and direct question.

Roland us still waiting for a scripture based argument he asked for months ago to abortion as a blanket sin. You called us old ladies when he pressed you for an answer.

Still waiting for an answer to my yes or no question on whether your individual religious experience should be the dictating principle for how we regulate pregnancy and women’s agency in this country.

I have noticed when the Faction gets a question they do not like they a) ignore it, or b) ask a bunch of questions that does not answer the question posed.

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which party (the members) are likely to buy into lies and mis/disinformation, particularly in affirmation of stuff already believed?
Both are.

Which party is likely to believe the rule of law can be suspended in order for their goals to be achieved?
Both parties do this.

Which party is more likely to deny citizens' rights to all citizens equally?
Here you are playing semantics. Both parties play games to their perceived advantages.

Which party is more likely to dishonor the constitution, especially regarding the outcomes of elections, and even the fair election process?
Both do. Look at JFK’s election. Look at the reaction to Trump’s election. And yes, look at 1/6.

Which party more likely favors conflating govt, the constitution - rule of law, with Christianity?
You finally wrote it specifically enough that your point is valid in its specific sense. However change Christianity to some other word, and the Dems do it as well.

Which party (the members) believes the statement from their chosen leader that the media is the enemy of the people; the same leader who shunned the Correspondents Dinner for four years?
You mean to say that the media is fair and unbiased? Look to what you have been saying about Fox News. Remember Marion Barry. Both sides are capable of being more concerned with winning than anything.

and so forth.

The answers are already proven, with no remorse, just excuses.
American politics became more about partisan winning than about any moral consideration long before I was born. Heck, before the GOP was created.

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I defer to Mr Butler on this. Well said

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I applaud both Tomahawker and Dr. Butler. Both presented spot on analyses.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I disagree, especially of the word analysis.

It's more like well expressed views. The "analysis" part speaks of the person writing it. Butler thinks he sees both sides, but he really doesn't see either because he's so busy equivocating. Tommahawker is just reactionary and emotional, with a gut full of propaganda and hate.

So, let's say, like Butler does, that both sides are equivalent, and the blame game is useless.

I dunno - how to solve the riddle. Maybe if we tried naming some things good about each party (side) and how that is distinguishing.

Anyway, I find it easy to blame repugs, but you always have or find wiggle room. Butler's method generally works well -- look over there and equivocate.

Specific, unilateral accountability is impossible in Butler's debate.

What about this? Left or Right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b64584a617db760&ei=8

"I think they're gonna shoot him. I think they're gonna blow his airplane up" – Alex Jones Spreads Panic On His Podcast, Defends Trump Again

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

American politics became more about partisan winning than about any moral consideration long before I was born. Heck, before the GOP was created.

It seems to me that much about the GOP is rigid ideology. And, most importantly, if it's not a winning formula, or can't be sold well enough to win at the polls, that's where the problem is. It becomes a matter of will.

The ideology just becomes more rigid, and so does the means to win.

Right now, for example, the rigid ideology is on display, and the probable consequences.

GOPers, just keep on your track of Trumpism, and see what happens at the polls. Who are you gonna blame?

Politics is not a nasty word or realm, necessarily. Hard core people make it that way.

"The highest form of community is the polis. Aristotle comes to this conclusion because he believes the public life is far more virtuous than the private and because men are 'political animals'".[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...litical%20animals%22.

================================================

Well, our political animal instincts have run amuck.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It seems to me that much about the GOP is rigid ideology. And, most importantly, if it's not a winning formula, or can't be sold well enough to win at the polls, that's where the problem is. It becomes a matter of will.
That's because you are a leftist ideologue. Both sides are rigid, and oppositional. Its your worldview that makes you see the left as being the reasonable adults in the room. There are reasonable leftist politicians, and there are reasonable right wing politicians. Neither party is run by its reasonable elements because they need division and some form of xenophobia to win.

The ideology just becomes more rigid, and so does the means to win.
Exactly, on both sides. Look at some of the things that the left is pushing and their occasionally leaked internals and the left is every bit as bad.

Example, even your politicians can admit that the sales job of "its good for the planet" isn't what the real goal of the ecological/climate polices are...

https://www.nationalreview.com...bout-climate-change/

Note that the real source is behind a paywall, so this is the free sort of quote- I agree National Review isn't a nonpartisan source.

Right now, for example, the rigid ideology is on display, and the probable consequences.
You are pretty good at seeing some sort or rigid ideology on the right... its also there on the left.

If you on the left were not so fortunate to have a good boogeyman of Trump, your side would be in great danger, electorally right now.

GOPers, just keep on your track of Trumpism, and see what happens at the polls. Who are you gonna blame?
Here I agree with you. Trump is a cult of personality in the party, and a particularly poor one.

Politics is not a nasty word or realm, necessarily. Hard core people make it that way.
At one time, politics may not have been nasty or problematic. But the Greeks were hardly a great example. What did they do to Socrates? For political disagreement?

Politics becomes nasty when you have strong conflict in goals. Also, the Greek unit of politics was the town or city. Its a lot easier to get consensus in small groups.

As for the ancient Greeks, slaveholding, withholding the franchise, and very elitist attitudes of what was required to become a citizen make the conclusions of "virtue" a bit suspect. The folks allowed to contribute to political life were a very homogeneous group of men.

"The highest form of community is the polis. Aristotle comes to this conclusion because he believes the public life is far more virtuous than the private and because men are 'political animals'".[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...litical%20animals%22.

Well, our political animal instincts have run amuck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, I disagree, especially of the word analysis.
I kind of agree, in that it doesn't particularly take a lot of in depth thinking to find points to disprove something.

It's more like well expressed views. The "analysis" part speaks of the person writing it. Butler thinks he sees both sides, but he really doesn't see either because he's so busy equivocating.
That's a laugh. It takes a bit of work to disengage from thinking your side is right all the time. It would be relatively easy for me to ignore the stupid that my side does. Yes, I consider myself a conservative person. I do usually think that the conservative errors are "lesser" and have to work at remembering that they are equally at fault for any problem.
Tommahawker is just reactionary and emotional, with a gut full of propaganda and hate.
Your statement makes a mirror for you. You have expressed a hatred of fundamentalist religion, and you seem to see it behind everything that is "bad" in the world. You are so convinced that you are being rational and by definition the other side is not. Well, I admit that I can see flashes of rationality in your discourse, but your knowledge base is pretty biased.

So, let's say, like Butler does, that both sides are equivalent, and the blame game is useless.
The blame game IS pretty useless except to rally the troops and get your side to be angry and motivated. It will not get you anywhere if you are trying to seriously advance a solution.

I dunno - how to solve the riddle. Maybe if we tried naming some things good about each party (side) and how that is distinguishing.

Anyway, I find it easy to blame repugs, but you always have or find wiggle room. Butler's method generally works well -- look over there and equivocate.

Specific, unilateral accountability is impossible in Butler's debate.
There you are wrong. Science and facts are what they are. Accountability is usually an individual thing.

Since you are on a Nazi kick, who/what were charged at Nuremberg?

Individuals.

It worked a lot better than the classic identification of a group/ideology (a la Versailles.)

What about this? Left or Right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b64584a617db760&ei=8

"I think they're gonna shoot him. I think they're gonna blow his airplane up" – Alex Jones Spreads Panic On His Podcast, Defends Trump Again

Alex Jones?

Jones is hardly a right wing guy. He's out to find whatever audience he still has remaining to scam into listening to him. Is he targeting a subset of right wing folks who feel persecuted? Yes.

The left has been very active trying to identify anyone who is not supportive of their agenda as being a right wing neofascist crazy. That plays into the agents (I originally put in clowns, but Jones is not a clown, he is malevolent) like Jones.

As you say, people are political animals and identify with groups. You attack their group, and they unite and act badly. You see this clearly in the neonazis and proud boys easily. You don't see it (biased) as being Antifa, BLM, and the organized LGBTQ+ stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have MTG as your rep

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw an article just a few minutes ago titled Polarization is not the Problem, but temp lost it.

A search produced many articles on the topic.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=...465e92a9504049ce288f

Lots to think about.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a laugh. It takes a bit of work to disengage from thinking your side is right all the time.

You have expressed a hatred of fundamentalist religion, and you seem to see it behind everything that is "bad" in the world. your knowledge base is pretty biased.

Accountability is usually an individual thing.

As you say, people are political animals and identify with groups. You attack their group, and they unite and act badly. You see this clearly in the neonazis and proud boys easily. You don't see it (biased) as being Antifa, BLM,

Alex Jones?

Jones is hardly a right wing guy. He's out to find whatever audience he still has remaining to scam into listening to him. Is he targeting a subset of right wing folks who feel persecuted? Yes.

The left has been very active trying to identify anyone who is not supportive of their agenda as being a right wing neofascist crazy. That plays into the agents (I originally put in clowns, but Jones is not a clown, he is malevolent) like Jones.

As you say, people are political animals and identify with groups. You attack their group, and they unite and act badly. You see this clearly in the neonazis and proud boys easily. You don't see it (biased) as being Antifa, BLM, and the organized LGBTQ+ stuff.

First, the left is not "my side". It takes no work at all for me to disengage thinking they are "my side", especially thinking that they are always right (or I'm always right as well)

I have not expressed hatred of religion, nor said it is behind everything bad in the world. You are interpreting and embellishing my views. And my knowledge on the topic is better than most. Religion scares me because of what it does to people's minds. They may be individuals, but they act as a unit. They are accountable as a group and as individuals. Cults are always individuals acting like a colony.

If Jones is not Right, then why is he targeting the Right; the malevolent Right to be specific??

I do see it in Antifa, BLM, etc. I think it's false equivalence because one side is fighting for rights, and the other is fighting to deny such rights.

Your side owns this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...usations/ar-AA1awXIE

Trump-Jesus Comparisons On Rise After Cult Accusations
Story by Lisandra Gomez-Tate • 5h ago

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who favorably compares Trump with Christ is seriously strange, and really can't be considered a christian.

You really have to dig deep to find that kind of article... "2 paragraphs" - 414 followers. Even Alex Jones has more followers than that and he's pure kook.

Does Jones target a group he has some connection with? Or does he just see it as easy pickings? Apparently so from his testimony in his trial.

"one side is fighting for rights, the other side to deny rights." Yeah, you haven't joined one tribe... Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, you haven't joined one tribe...

I join the opposition tribe.

I think you are a keen apologist. IOW, I think you represent a crowd who just won't own what you have done to the nation, and act like you had/have no part in it. RINOs did it, or extremists did it, but meanwhile you won't oppose them.

One doesn't have to look deeply to see repugs with a screw or two loose. Aside from Trump, Kari Lake, Boebart, MTG, even Gym Jordon, and many others.

At least AOC is sane.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b4d0abf0382d78&ei=97

The Preemptive Republican Surrender to Trump
Opinion by Yair Rosenberg • 57m ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...8626e30dd9160e&ei=14

Ron DeSantis’s Orwellian Redefinition of Freedom
Opinion by Conor Friedersdorf • 1h ago

And although you will say both sides do it, there is little doubt that one side engages in 'lies of conspiracy and malice'.

Again, all my claims are proven, unilaterally, but you play the whataboutthem game.

I like it when politicians can make jokes about the repug BS. Obama was great at it. Can you imagine Trump making jokes? I can't either.

Biden attacks news outlets for 'lies of conspiracy and malice'
Story by By David Shepardson • 8h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4d0abf0382d78&ei=103

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I am not about to join a group of folks that I am completely convinced are not good for the country just to oppose a small group that I don't agree with their methods.

I choose to support neither.

You are the one that thinks AOC is sane. How about Omar, Talib, Schiff, Cuomo, Fetterman .....

That's the point. You can point out folks you disagree with and the other side has the same issues with your champions.

As to owning it, well, yes. I did vote for Trump twice before. That was a bad choice. He proved that the thought of holding my nose and voting for the lesser of two evils is fraught with peril. The evils are different. Trump is primarily a moral evil. He's not a good man. Biden has his own baggage, and supports policies I feel are bad for the nation. HR Clinton was a very problematic woman who supported bad policies and had provenly acted selfishly while in government office.

Did I vote for Kari Lake, Boebart, MTG, or Jordon? Have I not agreed and stated some of their outlandish statements are nonsense? How am I to claim ownership of them?

Your claims are not "proven" unilaterally. Your claims are your beliefs. It says in the titles "opinion" or it quotes a politician.

Can I imagine Trump telling jokes? Sure. So what? He would do so on the apprentice... Any jokes Trump would make would go over like a lead balloon with the polarized audience at the Washington Press Club.

Do you like jokes about Democrat BS? Note that Obama also told jokes about himself. (as did Regan, Bush Sr., Clinton, and GW Bush.)

Go look at how the president was treated between Obama/Clinton and Regan/GHW Bush at the press club dinners... Its pretty easy to pick up the petty nastiness that the DC press had towards republicans, but they were adults and felt it a duty to go. (I chose those examples because they did have roughly the same public approval at the time.) Its easy to be a pleasant jokester with a fawning audience.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Don’t apologize for voting Trump. A vote for anyone else was worthless. Ever seen that movie Warlock with Henry Fonda? That’s Trump-terrible, despicable, no good low down and exactly what was needed to clean up the town. Anyone else was simply not up to task. That’s how bad progressive liberals and their propaganda arm the main stream news have become. When in Rome