Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hear Arnold Schwarzenegger's prediction about Trump Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So what part of the town did Trump clean up in his four years in office?

All he did was dirty the office.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what President Trump, his R filibuster proof Senate, and majority R House did not do:

Pass anything meaningful on the boarder,
Pass a Repeal of ACA,
Pass a piece of legislation removing items from the NFA,
Pass a law protecting braced semi autos,
Pass a balance budget,
And
Pass a law or reg permit lying the import of sport hunted lion and elephant.

All things they said they would do. The Faction here said must happen.

All but the boarder has no affect on 90 percent of the population.

Posts: 10978 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

You are the one that thinks AOC is sane. How about Omar, Talib, Schiff, Cuomo, Fetterman .....

That's the point. You can point out folks you disagree with and the other side has the same issues with your champions.

Did I vote for Kari Lake, Boebart, MTG, or Jordon? Have I not agreed and stated some of their outlandish statements are nonsense? How am I to claim ownership of them?

Your claims are not "proven" unilaterally. Your claims are your beliefs. It says in the titles "opinion" or it quotes a politician.

There is a difference in sanity and simply disagreeing with someone. That's the point.

I think those I mentioned, and more are not sane.

Ownership? We are talking about a party, as a whole, which you are committed to. Granted, I refuse to own some of the stuff the dems come up with. I do understand your POV. I refuse to own BLM, Antifa, etc, just as you refuse to own Proud boyz, and the radical Right.

My claims re a previous post are proven. I believe them because they are facts, supported by evidence. I don't want to repeat myself, but will if necessary.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19795 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Relevant today:

Post-WW2 Anti-Fascist Educational Film | Don't Be a Sucker | 1947

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6-cEAJZlE

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19795 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I know what President Trump, his R filibuster proof Senate, and majority R House did not do:

Pass anything meaningful on the boarder,
Pass a Repeal of ACA,
Pass a piece of legislation removing items from the NFA,
Pass a law protecting braced semi autos,
Pass a balance budget,
And
Pass a law or reg permit lying the import of sport hunted lion and elephant.

All things they said they would do. The Faction here said must happen.

All but the boarder has no affect on 90 percent of the population.

Who is the "boarder"? Is that like someone boarding a ship? What does it have to do with anything at all? Regards, Bill

Posts: 3535 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Free spell checking courtesy of Bill.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does not bother me. As he obviously cannot respond to the failures of the Last GOP controlled government to semitones campaign pro its old as pigs in a poke.

That phrase will really blow some minds.

Posts: 10978 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Chickens have come home to roost': Have Republicans given Trump the power to cruise to 2024 GOP nomination?
Story by Matthew Chapman • Yesterday 7:59 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...392af5c025041d&ei=29

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...392af5c025041d&ei=77

Trump expands lead, poised for ‘electoral landslide’
Story by Paul Bedard • 1h ago

XXX

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Here we are on a hunting and shooting sports site and there is a gulf between us. In person I don’t believe there would be. However I’m dumbfounded anyone on here would ever vote Democrat, THE party of anti hunting/anti gun. It gets pretty nasty in this forum and this between fellow hunters and shooters. Hence in society at large I don’t believe we will ever bridge the gulf. Anything productive rarely happens on this forum. I don’t participate here often and I don’t think any hearts and minds will be changed one way or another.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think any hearts and minds will be changed one way or another.

Maybe.

IMO, "hearts and minds" are changing one way or another, all the time, just not so much suddenly, and not so much for the better.

I can think of several examples. But a big example is Trump.

I doubt that a Trump-like monster would have gained so much traction in past times. I also wonder about Carlson-like monsters.

Whatever the reasons, circumstances, attitudes, fomenting ideology, I dunno, but the field has ripened for such people, and of course their support.

This ripeness and support is not going away. The lead characters will just change. I see little remorse, or reckoning, for letting or empowering such depravity.

It's gonna come down to the rule of law wins, or not. All the rest is just a channel for that test.

It may be that Trump's prosecution for federal crimes, convictions and sentencing, as well as barring him from office will cause a reckoning amongst those who have helped this happen along the way.

But probably whatever caused this problem will only harden. Trump didn't cause this problem. Certainly, he contributed, but it was there festering all along. He just brought it to mainstream.

When you say (righteous) minds will not be changed by opposition, I think you are correct. But appeasement with Trumpsters, for example, won't work. Aside from it being morally wrong, it's always been a zero-sum game, win or lose are the options presented, and naive leftists have finally learned "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time". (Maya Angelou)

XXX

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt that a Trump-like monster would have gained so much traction in past times. I also wonder about Carlson-like monsters.

I said this very thing many posts ago. “If you could bring that Democratic Party to today Trump would never have been elected. He would have never even ran.”

Wouldn’t it be nice if only one side had the monsters? Go back in time and simply erase Trump and Carlson-they were never born. We’re still here, with same problems, the same gulf, the same polarization. Please release this obsession with Trump. He’s not the problem.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Good or bad, one thing for sure, every once in a while my friend M.E. likes to argue. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
quote:

I said this very thing many posts ago. “If you could bring that Democratic Party to today Trump would never have been elected. He would have never even ran.”

Wouldn’t it be nice if only one side had the monsters? Go back in time and simply erase Trump and Carlson-they were never born. We’re still here, with same problems, the same gulf, the same polarization. Please release this obsession with Trump. He’s not the problem.

If you want me to vote GOP, there's a real simple answer: Don't nominate Trump.

Trump IS the problem, and I'm sorry you miss seeing it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump isn't solely the problem.

I am sad that so many see him as the answer to the democrat's overreaches... it makes it more likely that the progressives will win.

Any decent GOP candidate would have wiped the floor with Biden, with his refusal to debate or answer questions. Trump couldn't do any better than he did. He's useless, but a large number of folks see him as an answer. Its sad.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've said it before.

Until Trump came along, I didn't like much about the Right, but it was tolerable.

Trump and Trumpism showed us something to be worried about that goes beyond the previous conservative ideology (in the USA).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpCKkWMbmXU

10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump couldn't do any better than he did. He's useless, but a large number of folks see him as an answer. Its sad.

Trump couldn't do any better than he did if there's a next time either.

But he could do a lot worse, and a lot of bad things.

It is sad, but to many it's disturbing.

That's because it seems that many Trump supporters, especially, and most other GOPers, think a Trump-like leader is necessary to get the job done, whatever that is. The "job" that needs to be done, in their view, is a lot of "path correction" for the nation, even retribution, quashing perceived enemies, setting up the situation that the GOP can't lose for generations, the perceived left's agenda thus quashed for at least 100 years, and making this a Christian Nation, where Nationalism is as sacred as Christ. It is literally a culture war.

And further disturbing is that many self-deemed moderate GOPers just don't acknowledge the reality of what the party is doing, trying to do. Either such self-deemed moderates still think they are in control and can "tame" the party as a whole, or just as bad - they think it's okay, and they will somehow straighten it all out after the extremists have done their jobs, done the dirty work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...580aca0e0c3367&ei=41

5 striking findings about what the GOP wants in 2024
Story by Aaron Blake • Yesterday 1:34 PM

1. The party wants election deniers, full stop

2. Electability is a nonissue (for now)

3. Jan. 6 revisionism works

4. Trump’s ‘retribution’ message draws a significant audience

5. The absolute dismissal of Trump critics

================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...580aca0e0c3367&ei=68

Texas Bill Will Give Republican Official Power to Overturn Elections
Story by Thomas Kika • Yesterday 6:34 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...580aca0e0c3367&ei=71

Marjorie Taylor Greene: Working with Dems on debt ceiling maneuver would be 'career ending'
Story by Gideon Rubin • Yesterday 6:07 PM

===============================================
===============================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...580aca0e0c3367&ei=84

There remains little value in broadcasting Trump’s comments live
Story by Philip Bump • Yesterday 5:56 PM

All politicians are salesmen, to some extent. The job is ostensibly focused on creating legislation but functionally dependent upon being able to convince people you’re the best person for the job — meaning that salespeople have an advantage over wonks in being in the room to craft policy.

In recent years, the demonstrated balance between those two traits in those seeking office has increasingly tilted to the former: Candidates are often salespeople for culture war rhetoric who get to Washington and are indifferent about the intricacies of what they’re voting on.

The most prominent example of this phenomenon, of course, is the most recent Republican president. Donald Trump not only prioritized salesmanship over policy, but he spent decades as a salesman and approximately zero minutes considering policy before throwing his hat into ring to serve as president. And then, because he was good at the sales part of it, he got elected president.

Now, it is not my goal to cast aspersions here or to paint with too broad a brush, but it is the case that salespeople are not generally understood to be the most honest participants in our cultural conversations. They want you to provide something of value to them, and they will do what they can to convince you this transaction makes sense. This can inculcate a tendency to shade the truth a bit, or to withhold salient information.

There was little question that Trump’s assertions weren’t reliable or even consistent when he was on the campaign trail and in office. He very quickly established a reputation for saying false things, failing to correct those false things and pitching his base on the idea that the fake assertions were true and that the people who were saying they weren’t true were themselves fake news. The Washington Post tallied more than 30,000 false or misleading claims during the five-plus years he was running for and serving as president, most repeats of things he had said previously. He didn’t care, and neither did his base.

Because the political media was used to politicians who were only part-time salespeople and otherwise invested in retaining some credibility, Trump’s entry into the 2015 campaign was covered as something of a novelty. First of all, it didn’t seem like he was going to win, but then he was just saying this outrageous nonsense. Reporters would air it all, live, and then panels would come on to marvel about and pick apart his claims.

(the article continues)

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an example of something very controversial:

I think this is not as straight as it is presented by the Right media.

Per Fox News:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ounding-constitution

673 university professors sign letter opposing courses on America's founding, Constitution
UNC professors say requiring courses on American history violates 'academic freedom'
=================================

Can Fox News really be trusted with "News"?
=================================

Here's another story on it with more info:
https://www.tpusa.com/live/673...ing-the-constitution

========================================

The professors were put on a Watchlist:

http://professorwatchlist.org/...sor/uncfacultyletter

============================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...c116d2785623b5&ei=63

Pence explains how to eliminate Education Department and battle wokeness
Story by Quin Hillyer • Yesterday 11:00 AM

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Orwell Actually Believed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x57DvB3Oc8

The Mike Wallace Interview with Ayn Rand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHl2PqwRcY0

Ayn Rand on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson | Aug. 1967

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vG8G2nulg

XXX