Find
Notify
Tools

Not exactly a Love In Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://thehill.com/opinion/46...encampment-movement/

It's hard for me to believe this is my America. Americans have fought, worked and died for equal rights, 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, been beaten with police clubs and bitten by patrol dogs for this?!?!?!?! This is JFK's dream for his grandkids? I can't imagine Presidents Carter or Reagan being anything other than appalled.

It's been said here recently that it's a mistake to view in Black and White, there are many more shades of gray. I believe that and I think that's wise to say. The above doesn't seem to be one of those cases.

I was thinking yesterday that it is a mistake to change the music in the middle of the dance. Everyone on the floor and in the seats know in advance the notes, the lyrics, the steps and the tempo. For the conductor at their whim to grab a different sheet is chaos and disaster.

Hamas chose the music, Israel should finish the dance.

Posts: 9117 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Palestinians would gain a lot for their cause by disavowing and getting rid of Hamas.

Their most effective technique was the (If I recall right) the first intifada which was Gandhi inspired peaceful resistance... but the folks like Hamas could not stand that and started throwing bombs, etc.

The traditional Arab cultural rule of blood retaliation for any slight is the problem in Palestine. I am sure that lots of folks in the region don't get why the rest of the world was united against Hamas after the attack... they think that it was "justice."

These protestors do show that they are either totally stupid, or else very officially hypocritical. They are calling for the same kind of violence that the brown shirts were calling for in '32.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

It's hard for me to believe this is my America. Americans have fought, worked and died for equal rights, 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, been beaten with police clubs and bitten by patrol dogs for this?!?!?!?! This is JFK's dream for his grandkids? I can't imagine Presidents Carter or Reagan being anything other than appalled.

It's been said here recently that it's a mistake to view in Black and White, there are many more shades of gray. I believe that and I think that's wise to say. The above doesn't seem to be one of those cases.

I was thinking yesterday that it is a mistake to change the music in the middle of the dance. Everyone on the floor and in the seats know in advance the notes, the lyrics, the steps and the tempo. For the conductor at their whim to grab a different sheet is chaos and disaster.

You're a horrible person and exhibit Islamophobia... rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
The Palestinians would gain a lot for their cause by disavowing and getting rid of Hamas.

Their most effective technique was the (If I recall right) the first intifada which was Gandhi inspired peaceful resistance... but the folks like Hamas could not stand that and started throwing bombs, etc.

The traditional Arab cultural rule of blood retaliation for any slight is the problem in Palestine. I am sure that lots of folks in the region don't get why the rest of the world was united against Hamas after the attack... they think that it was "justice."

These protestors do show that they are either totally stupid, or else very officially hypocritical. They are calling for the same kind of violence that the brown shirts were calling for in '32.

You to. rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

You're a horrible person and exhibit Islamophobia... rotflmo

I know it. Sorry. Big Grin

I read these articles and I walk off genuinely perplexed. How did we get here? How did the United States get to a place where we elect "Rulers" expressing support for terrorists bent in Americas destruction and our finest universities are captured and held hostage by anti American terrorist sympathizers?

I've been saying to my friends here for a couple years now that if the participants of January 6th had been Taliban instead of MAGA they would be calling for wholesale summary execution.
Maybe not! Maybe I'm wrong again! It appears that the Islamic terrorist sympathizers currently holding these universities hostage are winning! We the People seem to be walking away in defeat!
I dunno, maybe America wouldn't care about the Whitehouse or Capitol being conquered by ISIS.

I see this stuff and I can't think of anything better to do than stand in the corner facing in and mumbling to myself.

Posts: 9117 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...ors-protest-columbia

Humboldt State University, one of the finest Wildlife Management schools I'm aware of has surrendered to Hamas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what wildlife management has to do with Hamas, maybe.... management??

Posts: 1133 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll say what I have always said. The Israelis don't dictate with a clean hand.

We ought to stay out of it to the extent we can. It is a fucked up intractable relationship. There is not a solution any time soon. If ever.

Let them figure it out.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15099 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
I'll say what I have always said. The Israelis don't dictate with a clean hand.

We ought to stay out of it to the extent we can. It is a fucked up intractable relationship. There is not a solution any time soon. If ever.

Let them figure it out.

As we've proven ad nauseum, if we don't, "stay out of it to the extent we can," we'll just make it worse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if we don't help,, Israel will be forced to start lobbing Nukes at some point.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a ridiculous statement, and when Isreal was engaged in real wars with multiple nations we stayed out of it.

The day Israel sends a nuke to the West Bank is the day Israel will cease to exists.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe if the US wasn't Israel's sugar daddy, they wouldn't be so quick to wage war. If they had to do it with their own resources, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to keep grabbing more land.

Not that I support the idiot protesters, who are fabricating another reality where the Palestinians weren't represented by Hamas and their atrocities.

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As RollandtheHeadless demonstrates, both things can be true.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The media fanfare and pseudo-conservative outrage over these protests is laughable. Imagine that, college students protesting. Who would have thought? Next thing you know they will be telling us those kids like to get high and have premarital sex. It’s almost like they have been doing this for say . . . fifty or sixty years. I think a bunch of folks on here are like the Progressive commercials, Progressive can’t save you from becoming your parents . . .

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
if we don't help,, Israel will be forced to start lobbing Nukes at some point.

And how would we help? America already treats Israel like a 51st state. Puerto Rico gets less US aid than Israel.

If we help like we did in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Libya id rather not.

Just here in the PF, Heym wants to attach Israel aid to US approved regime change, Nute wants an, "Act Two" of Afghanistan and Saeed favors the "River to the Sea" solution.

I'm under the impression the sovereign nation of Israel thinks it knows best for themselves and The West should let them decide their fate.

Back to the OP, as the father of a daughter, im making every effort to very cautiously, thoughtfully and responsibly prepare, save and plan for my girls education. If her university experience is interrupted or delayed by a tornado, earthquake or pandemic I'll be understanding. If her higher education is soiled by Islamic terrorist American citizen sympathizers; .........
As an American man that's lived his entire life aware of Islamic Terrorism I'm gonna be really fucking angry.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
What exactly is act 2 of Afghanistan?

Posts: 7186 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/live-n...ors-protest-columbia

Humboldt State University, one of the finest Wildlife Management schools I'm aware of has surrendered to Hamas.

Hey, Dad taught forestry at Humboldt when I was in high school.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with MM on this. The whole conflict between them is mostly a family/tribal fight. They draw everyone else into it. There is plenty of wrong to go around.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I'm with MM on this. The whole conflict between them is mostly a family/tribal fight. They draw everyone else into it. There is plenty of wrong to go around.

I have no problem with Israel kicking the shit out of Hamas after October 7. I'd be looking for blood too. But, there's a limit and it seems to me that an awful lot of innocent bystanders in Gaza are suffering for no good tactical on-the-ground reason.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15099 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have no problem with Israel kicking the shit out of Hamas after October 7. I'd be looking for blood too. But, there's a limit and it seems to me that an awful lot of innocent bystanders in Gaza are suffering for no good tactical on-the-ground reason.

I actually agree with you. I would be looking for blood too. I agree that when the blood is not up there are limits. This seems easy in a vaccum. All the bombs aside though, how do we actually fix this? Israel wont be going away and the arab world wont stop hating them. A bit of a sticky wicket as they say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truth is, we don’t actually know if there was a good tactical reason for the killing. The Israeli government is keeping most reporters out. The ones that are there are pretty much on the Palestinian side of things.

We learned long ago that you don’t typically want to watch that sausage being made and it causes trouble.

The relative paucity of Israeli casualties tends to indicate that the tactical need is minimized Israeli casualties.

We all know Hamas plays the hide behind civilians game.

Add it up and there certainly is a reasonable reason that deaths are as they are, but we don’t “know” at this point.

The fact that a hostage was killed trying to get to Israeli troops suggests their ROE are a bit loose.

quote:
quote:

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Hamas has three very easy outs.
1) surrender. That'll definitely end the war.
2) retreat. Run like hell, get out of town, get out of the country. That'll definitely end the war.
3) come out and fight. Stop hiding behind the old ladies and children, abandon the hospitals and elementary schools they use as defensive shields and come out and fight. That'll definitely end the war.

Or, since apparently Hamas is only 20% of the total population of Gaza the Palestinians could throw Hamas out. That'll definitely end the war.

Is there a reason other than Biblical hatred of Jews that Israel is being blamed in all this?