THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    The first criminal trial of a former president is set to start April 15

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The first criminal trial of a former president is set to start April 15 Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...YPL?ocid=socialshare

Nowhere to hide: Donald Trump set be held to account in first criminal trial of an ex-president

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19739 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He can still throw Eric out a window or fire his lawyers to get another delay.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQRIOKvR2WM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0PWy6czcVU

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1199 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/t6MYPs2R23I?si=n1VP6QhIs-2CcK0J

Trump gets news he’s DREADED on eve of first criminal trial

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19739 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's not going to be held to account. Wouldn't surprise me if he walks it with a hung jury. But, even if there is a finding of guilt, so what? He'll never spend a day in jail and he'll wear it as a badge of honor.... and the trumptards will treat him like he has taken one for the team while quacking about "lawfare" and the "weaponization" of the legal system.

It's just like he told us years ago:

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

Cult.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15094 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is that Mike?
Why shouldnt the law hold everyone accountable?
I hate seeing two tiered justice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Why is that Mike?

I guess it depends on what you mean by holding him accountable. I think the guy ought to be in jail. But, even if he's found guilty on these particular charges, I'd be very surprised if he gets anything but probation and a monetary fine of some sort. Which is probably what anybody would get assuming they didn't have some prior similar convictions.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15094 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright, I can go with that if it's what everyone else would get.
I dont like the rich kid/man getting probation when a regular person gets jail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder what time tonight this fake, fraud and phony will be rushed to the hospital ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
On Tax Day, no less. What a hoot!

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Why is that Mike?

I guess it depends on what you mean by holding him accountable. I think the guy ought to be in jail. But, even if he's found guilty on these particular charges, I'd be very surprised if he gets anything but probation and a monetary fine of some sort. Which is probably what anybody would get assuming they didn't have some prior similar convictions.

He's charged with 34 felonies.

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "hush money" trial is the most obvious example of the persecution of Trump by the current administration. If you prosecuted every member of Congress or every occupant of a C-Suite in a major company in this country for paying a mistress to keep her mouth shut, you'd shut down the whole damn country. It's not a crime. It's the way it's been for centuries.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Except you have no evidence or documentation that the Administration is telling a NY State prosecutor what to do.

Nothing brought President Trump here’s but his own actions. Like OJ, he will receive all due process rights. The appellate courts stand ready to adress any errors of law.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
The "hush money" trial is the most obvious example of the persecution of Trump by the current administration. If you prosecuted every member of Congress or every occupant of a C-Suite in a major company in this country for paying a mistress to keep her mouth shut, you'd shut down the whole damn country. It's not a crime. It's the way it's been for centuries.

You damn well know it's more than that. He illegally (not a word you understand?) listed bribery payments as legal expenses.
https://apnews.com/article/tru...50fbeaefcbe21f87ab0b

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

You damn well know it's more than that. He illegally (not a word you understand?) listed bribery payments as legal expenses.

Which means he deducted them from his taxes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Which means he deducted them from his taxes.

I would say bribery and legal expenses go hand in hand with lots of white collar issues.