New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compare and Contrast Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

“A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.

“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”

Link

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trump is, and always has been, a low class individual in a high priced suit. His followers are, somehow, able to block that out. They say thing like, "He's just messing with the leftists, or, That was taken out of context, or, he's playing different game". Kind of like how Democrats refuse to accept Joe's infirmity.
I sincerely hope that neither one is in the 2024 presidential race. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kind of like how Democrats refuse to accept Joe's infirmity.

I think that's a bad false equivalence. There's two parts - "refuse to accept" and "Joe's infirmity".

Take the last one first. Infirmity is defined as mental weakness. One can be old and slow and still strong, and sane, and benevolent. After all, Joe has years of experience. He can run on autopilot.

Then there's mental malevolency, deranged, not-so-sane, which you are comparing Joe to. The only real experience Donald has is a lifetime of beating the system, and fucking others.

Second - "refuse to accept" - The best I can say is accept what?

A comatose Joe is far better than a deranged Donald.

Let's just hope that Joe chooses a good VP. Smiler

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

I think that's a bad false equivalence. There's two parts - "refuse to accept" and "Joe's infirmity".

Take the last one first. Infirmity is defined as mental weakness. One can be old and slow and still strong, and sane, and benevolent. After all, Joe has years of experience. He can run on autopilot.

Then there's mental malevolency, deranged, not-so-sane, which you are comparing Joe to. The only real experience Donald has is a lifetime of beating the system, and fucking others.

Uhm, they were calls to invoke the 25th amendment over trump typing coveffe -- and then Biden's speech -- anyone of them, you pick -

use the SAME measuring stick, or you are a hypocrite. Biden is in a gross mental decline ... just admit it .. he's literally a house plant unless jacked up on more drugs than hitler

why does joe need to pick a good vp, hmmm?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38490 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems the parties both seem to be unable to see what is obvious to the rest of us…

Neither of the two current putative candidates is a good choice.

Trump is narcissistic, old, malignant and unable to restrain his base impulses.

Biden is narcissistic, demented, and old and unable to restrain his impulses.

Both are unable to acknowledge inconvenient problems.

Is this all the better our political system can offer?

To my GOP friends, isn’t there someone who can do the job without Trump’s baggage and issues? Is the biggest reason you stick up for him that you want to ram it down the democrats throats?

To my democrat friends, isn’t the only real reason you support Joe because you are afraid that without him the GOP will force you to give up abortion rights and let all the evils of power be unleashed on you and Joe is the only one who can stop it?

We should be arguing specific policies and not the figurehead’s strengths and weaknesses.

Posts: 10634 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

He certainly chose a winner last time around, and I'm sure he'll stick with her (as if it's his choice).
I am mystified at how many people, people I thought were rational and intelligent, are rabid supporters of Donald Trump and cannot see his flaws.
At the same time, I am not Quite as surprised at the supporters of Joe Biden because, as liberals, they are less rational, though no less intelligent.
Donald Trump puts his own interests above those of the nation. Biden is just unaware of the needs of the nation.
I guess what I'm saying is, both sides show a puzzling degree of selective blindness and the nation will suffer as a result.
There are, and always have been, good, viable candidates, but they will never get the chance. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, your opinion is as good as any and better than most.

Happy new year.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19749 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and then Biden's speech -- anyone of them, you pick -

Jeezuz, man. Have you heard ANY of trump's speeches at all. He makes Joe look like an unbeatable genius. trump cannot pronounce simple words, stumbles over context constantly, can't even form simple sentences, All the while apparently shitting in his depends.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch this from two months ago and try to imagine Trump giving equally thoughtful answers:

https://youtu.be/NfU931HBWvQ?si=OBjDnghPyEZ5Vh8X

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
It seems the parties both seem to be unable to see what is obvious to the rest of us…

If we listen to what Robert Kennedy says, instead of what pundits say he says, there may be hope. I dunno.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Neither of the two current putative candidates is a good choice.

Trump is narcissistic, old, malignant and unable to restrain his base impulses.

Both are unable to acknowledge inconvenient problems.

Is this all the better our political system can offer?

To my GOP friends, isn’t there someone who can do the job without Trump’s baggage and issues? Is the biggest reason you stick up for him that you want to ram it down the democrats throats?

To my democrat friends, isn’t the only real reason you support Joe because you are afraid that without him the GOP will force you to give up abortion rights and let all the evils of power be unleashed on you and Joe is the only one who can stop it?

We should be arguing specific policies and not the figurehead’s strengths and weaknesses.

Well said!

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He does have his senior moments, but his performance as pres has been very good. The economy is on a roll whether anyone likes it or not (the repugs don't), job numbers are terrific, inflation is down, lots of infrastructure is finally getting taken care of. A thousand times better than trump.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
inflation is down

jumping rotflmo jumping
space

As compared to WHAT and When?

#dumptrump

476AR,

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Why are you blaming the politicians??

They didn’t get there by their own devices!

The stupid VOTERS!! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66996 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only a piece of shit would still support Trump and his disgusting behavior who supports Hezbollah and Putin.

He needs to go away and let this country recover from his hatred.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter:
Only a piece of sh!t would still support Trump and his disgusting behavior who supports Hezbollah and Putin.

so, 4.75 out of every 10 people you will ever meet likely voted for trump - frankly, people like YOU with YOUR attitude are the reason the country is so divided. you won't reflect on that, but anyone with an IQ above room temp would.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And an even higher number voted AGAINST trump. Square that with your logic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
inflation is down

jumping rotflmo jumping
space

https://www.usinflationcalcula...ent-inflation-rates/

So, you want to blame the 2021 inflation spike on Biden, barely in office and a pandemic left him by trump ongoing. And it's now down by over 1/2 to 3.2. And it went UP from Obamas's numbers during the trump years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The U.S. has 333 million people, more or less, 74 million voted for Don Depends, so out of every ten you meet just over 2, but less than 3, voted for the bastard.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter:
Only a piece of sh!t would still support Trump and his disgusting behavior who supports Hezbollah and Putin.

so, 4.75 out of every 10 people you will ever meet likely voted for trump - frankly, people like YOU with YOUR attitude are the reason the country is so divided. you won't reflect on that, but anyone with an IQ above room temp would.

And a lot of them would seemingly vote for him again, despite it being blindingly obvious that he is, to quote someone who worked with him, a "fucking moron".

Doesn't say much for a pretty big chunk of the US electorate. And yes, there are seemingly a similar sized chunk who think Biden should stand again.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

it's literally, inherently, in the math, as stated. of 10 - 4.75 = 5.25 - i believe that checks out, even in common core math - please correct my arithmetic, if you find any errors --

or, in your own words "close enough"

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
inflation is down

jumping rotflmo jumping
space

So, you want to blame the 2021 inflation spike on Biden, barely in office and a pandemic left him by trump ongoing. And it's now down by over 1/2 to 3.2. And it went UP from Obamas's numbers during the trump years.

so, Biden's best year to date is 1.5 times trump's worst - and biden's average is roughly 3x

i am beginning to believe numbers aren't your thing. pity

this might be the DUMBEST thing you've ever said, even though it has a grain of truth
quote:
Biden, barely in office and a pandemic left him by trump ongoing

In most cases, when a candidate fights for office, they are fighting for all the office - i could even squint really hard and agree when obama said "this mess we inherited", as the office HAD to be filled by another party -

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
close enough working on spitting out his maths

https://youtube.com/shorts/hGD...?si=hleeWxinNpKoERLL

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
inflation is down

jumping rotflmo jumping
space

so, Biden's best year to date is 1.5 times trump's worst - and biden's average is roughly 3x

i am beginning to believe numbers aren't your thing. pity

this might be the DUMBEST thing you've ever said, even though it has a grain of truth
quote:
Biden, barely in office and a pandemic left him by trump ongoing

In most cases, when a candidate fights for office, they are fighting for all the office - i could even squint really hard and agree when obama said "this mess we inherited", as the office HAD to be filled by another party -

trump waltzed into the good deal Obama left, and rode it to the ground. Biden, like other dems such as Obama, had to come in & clean up the sewage left by a republican on his way out.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Remember, every spending bill started and was approved by the House -- aka Dems

Hey Wymple, please tell your therapist about the following

quote:
trump waltzed into the good deal Obama left, and rode it to the ground. Biden, like other dems such as Obama, had to come in & clean up the sewage left by a republican on his way out.

From the DSM
quote:
Dissociative Amnesia and DSM-IV-TR Cluster C Personality Traits
Dissociative amnesia is a disorder characterized by retrospectively reported memory gaps. These gaps involve an inability to recall personal information, usually of a traumatic or stressful nature. Dissociative amnesia most commonly occurs in the presence of other psychiatric conditions, particularly personality disorders. In the literature and in clinical practice, it is often associated with DSM-IV-TR Cluster B personality disorders. However, there is evidence to suggest that dissociative amnesia may be more likely to occur among individuals with Cluster C personality disorders. Presented here is a discussion of the types of memory loss, two cases of dissociative amnesia occurring in patients with Cluster C psychopathology, and a focused literature review.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you fail in your argument, insult the opposition. It's your MO

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
When you fail in your argument, insult the opposition. It's your MO

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I attempted to have actual, adult conversations with you, a couple times - you refused. it's your call

quote:
quote:
So, it's a simple thing - if you want to have a discussion of budgets and deficits, we should agree on terms, roles and responsibilities, and parameters - I guess that's too much to ask, and therefore you aren't actually interested in have said conversation.

Well, ma, I tried

Don't pretend to teach me anything.

What you get angry about is that a refuse to take your word as law, and when it's pointed out to you, that you are wrong, you get all emotive - Man, i am glad i don't live "close enough" to watch you have melts downs ...

#dumptrump

476AR,